Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

JDV - Deal Or No Deal ?

Aye, you're right, it was pretty shoddy actually...  ::)

::)

FIFPro World XI: 2007–08  ::)

PFA Players' Player of the Year: 2007–08  ::)

PFA Fans' Player of the Year: 2007–08  ::)

PFA Premier League Team of the Year: 2007–08  ::)

FWA Footballer of the Year: 2007–08  ::)

Barclays Player of the Season: 2007–08  ::)

Barclays Golden Boot: 2007–08  ::)

Barclays Merit Award: 2007–08  ::)

European Golden Shoe: 2007–08  ::)

UEFA Club Forward of the Year: 2007–08  ::)

UEFA Club Footballer of the Year: 2007–08  ::)

FIFPro World Player of the Year: 2007–08  ::)

Ballon d'Or: 2008  ::)

Premier League: 2007–08  ::)

UEFA Champions League: 2007–08  ::)

FIFA Club World Cup: 2008  ::)

We'll just ignore his injury/ankle surgery as well.  ::)

I was referring to this season.

Plenty room on the bandwagon here Kow, every plaudit he received and you listed are for last season.

And anyway, in case you missed it as well (as Motty did), my point was that Ronaldo is the best player in the world.  Not from a particular season, just the best player in the world full-stop.  ::)

The "Ballon d'Or", often referred to as the European Footballer of the Year award, is an annual association football award. It is presented to the player who has been considered to have performed the best over the previous calendar year.

Doesn't matter, I thought we were discussing the current best player in the world, I foolishly thought your use of the word "is" referred to currently, when in fact you were talking about last season.

My mistake.

Ronaldo is the best player in the world.  Plain and simple.

I'm guessing that you're trying to put forward the argument that Lionel Messi is in fact better, but it's too early in this current season to suggest that.

So in conclusion, the current best player in the world that is actually playing, winning trophies for himself and his team is Cristiano Ronaldo of Manchester United.

The "Ballon d'Or", often referred to as the European Footballer of the Year award, is an annual association football award. It is presented to the player who has been considered to have performed the best over the previous calendar year.

The calendar year being January 1st 2008 until December 31st 2008 which only finished 5 days ago.

The winner of said trophy was Cristiano Ronaldo.  I'll let you work out the rest...

Fuck me are you guys still arguing about that Portuguese poof?

Did you expect anything else than a tedious argument from such a tedious poster?

Sure there's a forum to discuss other footballing topics out with the SPL..... :thumbsup:

Oh and id give JDV another years contract, seems to have found a decent level of fitness and after a run in the team he was coming onto a game these last few weeks, barring Hamilton from the sounds of things.

The calendar year being January 1st 2008 until December 31st 2008 which only finished 5 days ago.

The winner of said trophy was Cristiano Ronaldo.  I'll let you work out the rest...

He was awarded it on 1st December, for the previous calendar year.

Why don't you just admit you're wrong?

He was awarded it on 1st December, for 2008

Happy now?

Ronaldo is best. LOLZ

On-topic - JDV should be offered a one year contract with the option of a further year (or two) if he plays an agreed amount of games in that season.