Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

I never thought I could hate Willie Johnston more, but it turns out I can...

Johnston would eventually head back home, returning first to Rangers, then moving to Hearts. But the final years of his career were dogged by controversy. His most shameful act came during his stint at Ibrox, when he stamped on John McMaster's head; the Aberdeen player needed the kiss of life as a result. "I'm not proud of that," he says today. "It's no excuse but I thought he was Willie Miller. Miller was a great player but he was a hard man and deserved some of his own treatment back. Unfortunately I got the wrong player."

What a fucking cunt of a human being.

Guest swaddon

Any player who goes out to deliberately hurt a fellow professional is an evil cunt. Miller might have been a 'hard man', but there's no way he would have done anything like that. He let his football do the talking when it came to playing the huns.

Alright fellow Dons ?

Just home from afternoon/evening on the piss in the Weeg to log on here and read this. I personally was at this game where "Junkie" Johnstone attempted to murder McMaster by STAMPING on his throat. I was at that game, at the time I was fucking raging about it, almost thirty years on I'm still fucking raging.......how dare these fucking erseholes go on about about the Simmie incident as the start of the hatred between the two clubs... this preceeded it by at least seven years.....that CUNT Johnston would have been charged with attempted murder had it happened on the streets. I personally hope he rots in hell, but only after dieing a very slow painful and public death, the happening of which I will celebrate even more than the passing of Margaret Thatcher :wave:

Hateley, Hurrlock, Brown, Goram and all...none of them come close....this wankstain is the champion of all Hun bastards

Alright fellow Dons ?

Just home from afternoon/evening on the piss in the Weeg to log on here and read this. I personally was at this game where "Junkie" Johnstone attempted to murder McMaster by STAMPING on his throat. I was at that game, at the time I was fucking raging about it, almost thirty years on I'm still fucking raging.......how dare these fucking erseholes go on about about the Simmie incident as the start of the hatred between the two clubs... this preceeded it by at least seven years.....that CUNT Johnston would have been charged with attempted murder had it happened on the streets. I personally hope he rots in hell, but only after dieing a very slow painful and public death, the happening of which I will celebrate even more than the passing of Margaret Thatcher :wave:

Hateley, Hurrlock, Brown, Goram and all...none of them come close....this wankstain is the champion of all Hun bastards

Amen bro!

"I tried to murder the wrong man", says WJ.

I'm sure it's happened to all of us....

Guy lying prone on the deck, and you reckon it's someone you don't like, so you try to murder him.  Then, and we can laugh about this later, you realise it's a case of mistaken identity and you've just attempted to murder the WRONG guy!

Haaaahaaaa.. och, was I nae affronted wi myself for THAT mix up?

Any player who goes out to deliberately hurt a fellow professional is an evil cunt. Miller might have been a 'hard man', but there's no way he would have done anything like that. He let his football do the talking when it came to playing the huns.

That's the thing, there is a huge difference between hard and dirty, and Miller was never a dirty player.  And there's an even bigger difference between hard and attempted murder.

"Miller was a hard man and deserved some of his own treatment back" - Cunt.

Tell me of one occasion when Miller has done anything like stamping on someone's throat/head to use in the argument that this was "his own treatment back".

::) ::)::) ::)

Johnston, you're just a bastard.  :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer:

"I tried to murder the wrong man", says WJ.

I'm sure it's happened to all of us....

Guy lying prone on the deck, and you reckon it's someone you don't like, so you try to murder him.  Then, and we can laugh about this later, you realise it's a case of mistaken identity and you've just attempted to murder the WRONG guy!

Haaaahaaaa.. och, was I nae affronted wi myself for THAT mix up?

Kelt ye cunt, this is nae the sort of thing I should be laughing at!!

His most shameful act came during his stint at Ibrox, when he stamped on John McMaster's head; the Aberdeen player needed the kiss of life as a result. "I'm not proud of that," he says today. "It's no excuse but I thought he was Willie Miller. Miller was a great player but he was a hard man and deserved some of his own treatment back. Unfortunately I got the wrong player."

So it is actually an excuse. Arsehole.

Johnston would eventually head back home, returning first to Rangers, then moving to Hearts. But the final years of his career were dogged by controversy. His most shameful act came during his stint at Ibrox, when he stamped on John McMaster's head throat; the Aberdeen player needed the kiss of life as a result. "I'm not proud of that," he says today. "It's no excuse but I thought he was Willie Miller. Miller was a great player but he was a hard man and deserved some of his own treatment back. Unfortunately I got the wrong player."

Just one of the incidents before the Simmy tackle not mentioned in the weegie media  :hammer:

Alright fellow Dons ?

Just home from afternoon/evening on the piss in the Weeg to log on here and read this. I personally was at this game where "Junkie" Johnston attempted to murder McMaster by STAMPING on his throat. I was at that game, at the time I was fucking raging about it, almost thirty years on I'm still fucking raging.......how dare these fucking erseholes go on about about the Simmie incident as the start of the hatred between the two clubs... this preceeded it by at least seven years.....that CUNT Johnston would have been charged with attempted murder had it happened on the streets. I personally hope he rots in hell, but only after dying a very slow painful and public death, the happening of which I will celebrate :wave:

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Pity they never got their way over this ;)

Revealed: Argentinians wanted to jail shamed Scotland star Willie Johnston

Dec 30 2008 By Kevin Schofield

AN Argentine lawyer tried to have Scotland star Willie Johnston jailed for up to three years for taking drugs during the 1978 World Cup, it was revealed yesterday.

He wanted the shamed player extradited back to Argentina to face trial.

Last night, the stunned star told the Record: "It's unbelievable. I didn't exactly murder someone or commit some terrible crime, so I think it's well over the top."

Foreign Office papers published today under the 30-year rule also reveal how a dozen disgruntled Scots fans were arrested for unfurling a banner which read: "F*** the SFA."

And Britain's top diplomat in Argentina blamed "complacency and lack of professionalism" for Scotland's dismal performances.

Ex-Rangers star Johnston was banned after a random dope test found traces of a banned substance in his system. It was the low point of Scotland's disastrous 1978 campaign.

The winger, then with West Bromwich Albion, was bundled on to a flight back to the UK by SFA bosses. He was banned from international football for a year, but never played for Scotland again.

Hugh Carless, Britain's charge d'affaires in Buenos Aires, said that following his "humiliation", the SFA had "wisely packed Johnston off on the first flight home".

But in a message to the Foreign Office in London on June 13, 1978, he tells how the scandal also sparked a diplomatic row.

He wrote: "An Argentine lawyer has demanded Johnston's extradition on the grounds that the use of drugs by sportsmen to boost performance is a crime punishable by imprisonment of between one and three years.

"Both FIFA and the Argentine ministry of foreign affairs claim that they have no grounds for interfering with the due process of law.

"They have, however, agreed to seek legal advice on whether a case such as this falls within the competence of the Anglo-Argentine extradition treaty."

Last night, Johnston said: "This is the first I've ever heard of any request to have had me extradited. I can't believe the guy behind it was serious - he was probably looking for publicity."

Johnston, now 62, took two Reactivan cold remedy tablets to relieve his hay fever before Scotland's game against Peru.

They contained the illegal stimulant fencamfamin - which saw him sent home and handed a year-long FIFAban.

Speaking yesterday at the Port Brae pub in Kirkcaldy, Fife, which he runs, he said: "I'd no idea the substance was banned - if I had known, then obviously I wouldn't have taken it.

"When it happened, it was the worst day of my life. It was terrible for me, my family and everyone I knew."

When told he could have faced three years in jail, Johnston laughed, saying: "It could only happen to me. Maybe if I'd gone back to Argentina, I could have stayed with Maradona or Kempes.

"It was a nightmare at the time but 30 years have gone by and it's all in the distant past now."

The secret files also reveal 12 disgruntled Scots fans were arrested after unfurling a banner in an Argentinian restaurant which said: "F*** the SFA."

Angry locals took offence and called the police.

Carless wrote: "They were taken into custody for a couple of hours by the police, who evidently mistook the identity of the SFA."

Those supporters were the lucky ones - their time in jail meant they missed Scotland's draw with Iran.

The documents also reveal diplomats urged the SFA, then led by Ernie Walker, to hold peace talks with the Tartan Army.

On June 9, Carless wrote: "The Scottish fans remain bitterly disappointed. We are suggesting to the SFA that they seek a means of communicating with their fans and give them an opportunity to air their grievances.

"It would seem the poor Scottish performance was due to complacency and lack of professionalism."