Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Jared Hodgkiss

Ours for a nominal fee in Jan if we want him according to Mowbray in today's Express.

Wonder if we'd play him if he were to sign ::)

We're no playing him just now so I guess not.

Mair currently merits his place in the team, whether that is at RB is another matter.

I like Hodgekiss thus far though, seems a decent player and one that can play some decent football but maybe given our current defensive frailties playing a CH out there isn't an altogether bad idea.

When you think about why would he actually want to sign for us on a contract when he isn't getting a game. Probably better sitting on the bench for WBA or playing reserve football for them than sitting on our bench.

Similarities to Josh Walker I think.

When you think about why would he actually want to sign for us on a contract when he isn't getting a game. Probably better sitting on the bench for WBA or playing reserve football for them than sitting on our bench.

Similarities to Josh Walker I think.

I don't think he's big enough for top flight in England though Al, and I also have a feeling that JC doesn't think he's big enough for us either.

I don't think he's big enough for top flight in England though Al, and I also have a feeling that JC doesn't think he's big enough for us either.

Good point BB although he played Hodgekiss at Tynecastle so he must reckon he is capable of handling himself at a place like that.

I would be keen for JC to sign him but similarly I wouldn't be devastated if he didn't.

We're no playing him just now so I guess not.

Mair currently merits his place in the team, whether that is at RB is another matter.

I like Hodgekiss thus far though, seems a decent player and one that can play some decent football but maybe given our current defensive frailties playing a CH out there isn't an altogether bad idea.

Mair hasn't put a foot wrong at right back so far, I've been impressed with his willingness to support the wide midfielders.

I'm not sure I'd like to see Hodgkiss at the club on a permanent basis, he's decent back up for Mair but that's about all. Too many times I've seen him being torn a new arsehole from an opposition winger, he's good going forward but he's very suspect defensively.

Maybe not for top flight in England, but certainly for Scottish football. I'll raise you Stuart Kennedy and Stewart McKimmie, neither of whom were any taller than Hodgkiss.

Good point BB although he played Hodgekiss at Tynecastle so he must reckon he is capable of handling himself at a place like that.

I would be keen for JC to sign him but similarly I wouldn't be devastated if he didn't.

Pretty much how I feel.

However, if we think in terms of investment, if we pay roughly £40k then I think we could more than make that back.

Speculate to accumulate and all that.

Maybe not for top flight in England, but certainly for Scottish football. I'll raise you Stuart Kennedy and Stewart McKimmie, neither of whom were any taller than Hodgkiss.

Seriously? When I saw Hodgekiss at Killie, I could have sworn he was the smallest footballer I've ever seen in my life. Says on Wiki that he's 5'8, I have to say I doubt that.

I can't really say about Kennedy but McKimmie was fantastic in the air for his height, and was basically a world class full back.

Seriously? When I saw Hodgekiss at Killie, I could have sworn he was the smallest footballer I've ever seen in my life. Says on Wiki that he's 5'8, I have to say I doubt that.

I can't really say about Kennedy but McKimmie was fantastic in the air for his height, and was basically a world class full back.

I was thinking that myself, not quite as short-arsed as Smith or Maloney but he is a dwarf.

Dan Smith ;)

Certainly is, possibly the fastest player i've seen in the flesh too. Fast as fuck.

Well, it's between him and Andy Roddie, anyway...

I saw Real Madrid vs. Malaga about 5 years ago and got to see a Carlos free kick.

I remember reading MARCA the next day and it said the strike was something like 104mph.

• 4 weeks later...

According to someone on MAD he has left/is leaving the club after this weekend. Shame that really, don't think he's played badly since he was with us, despite being short!

Thought we got the loan spell extended for the season late last year ???