Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Lee Mair to sign pre-contract

Guest Johnny Mac

Nobody else think he could do a good job at left back? Better than Byrne i would have thought, and a safer defensive option than Foster when up against the bigger teams.

Anyone would be better than the Byrne!

Give the guy a chance, I'm sure he'll do a good job for us!

Guest efan_ekoku

Not sure about Lee Mair like. Another injury prone player. And this comes not long after Jimmy saying he wanted to sign wingers. I can only presume that he fears for losing Anderson or Hart who both have a year to go on their contract and he may look to cash in on them if contract talks stall in the summer

As much as I don't rate Lee Mair as a potential AFC first-teamer, with him being able to play right-back as well as in the centre, we have to remember we don't have effective cover for Hart at right-back.  I'd stick my neck out and suggest JC has moved to Mair as an alternative to his previous target, Greig Shields.

We should however be setting our sights higher.

As much as I don't rate Lee Mair as a potential AFC first-teamer, with him being able to play right-back as well as in the centre, we have to remember we don't have effective cover for Hart at right-back.  I'd stick my neck out and suggest JC has moved to Mair as an alternative to his previous target, Greig Shields.

We should however be setting our sights higher.

I'm sure JC would be IF WE HAD ANY FU**ING MONEY!

Guest efan_ekoku

Looks like he's being signed as a replacement for both David Donald and Gary Dempsey. Have to admit, I've never seen him play in midfield, and I'm not exactly enthusiastic about that prospect.

I've never seen him in midfield either but if it prevents Severin going to centre half and gives us good cover in a few positions then it'll be of benefit. If Diamond does stay, then hopefully it can be a kick up the back side for him to go back to just being a defender and nothing else as he was when he first came on the scene, not a centre half who thinks he can take on the world himself

Guest highriggsdon

I don't understand why everyone is so worried either. The entire season has been spent complaining that we have a squad that is too small, JC looks to sign a player to give us extra cover in several positions and everyone is annoyed? He's not going to be on big wages so what is the problem?

I think a lot of people are concerned that he's either not very good, or very injury prone. And some people will be worried about the stigma of us signing a player who can't get a game for Dundee Utd. Those complaints may or may not be fair/accurate, but the reaction is understandable I'd say.

I think a lot of people are concerned that he's either not very good, or very injury prone. And some people will be worried about the stigma of us signing a player who can't get a game for Dundee Utd. Those complaints may or may not be fair/accurate, but the reaction is understandable I'd say.

Aye a risk for a player plagued with injury but hopefully will prove to be a good addition.

Will be good for a bit of depth in the squad.

I seriously hope Zander stays though, he'll come good for Aberdeen.

At last some sense that i have seen when i quickly browsed through this.

He WILL be better than Clark IF playing in midfeild.

You guys moan about not having depth in the squad and as soon as Jimmy tries to add a bit depth you guys go away on one!

Give the lad a chance, i personally think its an average signing not the best but not the worse.

Just calm down here.  8)