Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Who'll take the blame...

if we don't bring in the players we need (RB and CB for starters) by the end of the transfer window?  It's been obvious for months that we've needed to replace Michael Hart and Russell Anderson, yet it's still not happened.

So who's to blame?

1. Jimmy Calderwood

2. Willie Miller

3. The board

4. Darren f*cking Mackie

Guest swaddon

There's still almost a week left until the window shuts, so there's no need for finger pointing just yet. And if we don't sign these players, then no-one should be blamed; we can't just click our fingers and expect decent players to sign for us. We have a budget to work to, and you can't get great quality for little money all of the time.

Blame is useless as a tool for change. It simply allows us to attribute fault without the authority to act to punish.

sup·port·er Pronunciation[suh-pawr-ter, -pohr-] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation

–noun

1. a person or thing that supports.

2. an adherent, follower, backer, or advocate.

Shift focus dude before you eat yourself from the inside out  :thumbsup:

Funny how you say that yet begin a thread wishing to apportion blame for something that has, as yet, not happened.

::)

That's why in the first post I ask, "Who'll take the blame if we don't bring in the players we need (RB and CB for starters) by the end of the transfer window?"

Is that okay?

We do need a right back first and foremost, everyone's aware of that.  So if we don't bring in anyone, who's responsible?  I'm just curious who the pessimists will blame after reading a similar thread elsewhere about Man. United in which Sir Alex is being blamed for the lack of signings this summer.

Hopefully Calderwood blames Tommy Wright, and Wright turns round and does a Crawford, but hopefully does a better job of it that Crawford did!!!!!

Why must there always be someone to point the finger at?

Perhaps it's down to a whole host of reasons far outwith our understanding?

Maybe it is just down to one person and it's all his fault?

But what exactly are we going to gain from a lengthy witch hunt where we finally corner the individual(s) and collectively stand there going "it's his fault!"?

Will people actually feel any better because of this?

Nothing will change down at Pittodrie as a result of those findings and we haven't even got to the point where the window is closed.  Even after it is we can still sign players who are out of contract so it's hardly time to start sharpening the pitchforks.

I blame the people who create threads that start pointing fingers before the transfer window closes!

:wave:

I'm just curious as to who will take the flak, and for what reason they'll take the flak.  See Caledonia's post for example.  He wants us to splash the cash even though this is one of the reasons why the club is f*cked just now.

Some people's logic is bizarre.

Hud on. In my honest opinion this is a shocking thread. Ive said it before on here but some people are just to negative. They are always looking for someone to blame at the club when we dont sign ronaldo or win the champions league.

I imagine that its difficult to attract players to a club where the biggest attraction on match day are the gulls. We cant offer big wages so most players we want would have to take a massive paycut.

Does anyone actually know for a fact that JC's not actively looking for players?

Why must there always be someone to point the finger at?

Perhaps it's down to a whole host of reasons far outwith our understanding?

Maybe it is just down to one person and it's all his fault?

But what exactly are we going to gain from a lengthy witch hunt where we finally corner the individual(s) and collectively stand there going "it's his fault!"?

Will people actually feel any better because of this?

Nothing will change down at Pittodrie as a result of those findings and we haven't even got to the point where the window is closed.  Even after it is we can still sign players who are out of contract so it's hardly time to start sharpening the pitchforks.

Thats what I said, only with a little less despair. :P