Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

If he's in the keepers line then he is offside.

Rule has been changed you have to either touch the ball or block a players movement now to become active and therefore offside. Think the rule is crap though as any player standing in box will effect the way the defending team sets itself up.

Guest swaddon

I saw the incident twice on the news this morning, and I don't know the exact offside rule as it is nowadays, so I can't be certain if he was offside or not. But the goal wasn't given, so there's no point in the huns moaning about it. Do they want the game replayed or something? We can probably fit it in at the end of the season, unless they are in another European final... oh, wait, I just remembered.

Rule has been changed you have to either touch the ball or block a players movement now to become active and therefore offside. Think the rule is crap though as any player standing in box will effect the way the defending team sets itself up.

I absolutely agree with you, the new rule is f*cking stupid, doesn't make any sense and to be fair to refs, it makes a hard job even harder.

Not seen the incident on TV yet, but my first reaction was that he wasnt offside but Boyd was. However we got that decision, the rest during the day were all for the huns. One thing that has not been mentioned or was shown on TV was a trip on Mackie as he ran across the box to try and tackle a hun on the other side of the box.

The second half can be summed up by the guys behind me

Guy 1 "The hun has settled for a draw"

Guy 2 "Which one, Smith or Calderwood?"

I've just watched Dean Aston be flagged and given offside without touching the ball. It happens 20 times a game.

The rule doesn't make any sense, they still adhere to the old rules at times, whilst in others they go by the new rule.

It's f*cking stupid and has created a grey area.

from redweb:

Fuck me - there's never any of this outrage when a decision goes against another team!!!

So it looks like the bias isn't just from the referees - it's from the Glasgow Press too!  :o Who would have thought  ::)

Exactly. Do you think there would have been the same outcry if Hibs had been denied a last minute winner at ICT, or United at Motherwell!!