Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Wright's 'Headbutt'

Been listening to the Radio all afternoon. How many times did the mention this after the game? Even had to bring on the boy he clashed with to stick the knife in. I know the journals didn't help earlier in the week but this is not on!

I can smell another Rico coming on...

Guest swaddon

I don't know about the incident apart from what I've read on Donstalk, but if the referee took no action, then it can't have happened.

I've always respected the decisions of referees. ::)

He didnae exactly help himself by telling the press he was an aggressive player.

He deserved to be booked today but he will undoubtedly pick up more bookings than he deserves, particularly given the standard of refereeing in this country. The guy today was atrocious but tbh was about the same standard as every other cunt we've had over the last few years....where do these guys learn to referee?

I don't know about the incident apart from what I've read on Donstalk, but if the referee took no action, then it can't have happened.

I've always respected the decisions of referees. ::)

Miles off the ball.  Linesman might have had a chance to see it but although the ref was, as usual a cunt, it wasnae his fault he missed it.

He didnae exactly help himself by telling the press he was an aggressive player.

He deserved to be booked today but he will undoubtedly pick up more bookings than he deserves, particularly given the standard of refereeing in this country. The guy today was atrocious but tbh was about the same standard as every other cunt we've had over the last few years....where do these guys learn to referee?

I take it you mean the ref and not TW?

If the referee, linesmen and fourth official all missed the incident then if Motherwell decide to ask for an appeal, can the SPL use video evidence to punish Wright? I'm pretty sure they can and so I expect him to be banned for the Rangers game if serious enough!

No doubt the SPL disciplinary committee will be able to meet at short notice whereas it usually takes about 3-4 months for an OF player...

Guest swaddon

There was no mention in the Sunday Post of the incident. Mind you, I haven't read the Sunday Mail yet, so I suppose it will be back page news on there.

For those not there, it all started when a ball was lofted into the box and the keeper caught it in the air with Wright and a defender charging in. The keeper then makes a fud of himself by throwing himself to the deck to get a freekick, as the contact was minimal and with upper bodys not legs. Wright is nae happy (as any player should be) and tells the cunt exactly what he thinks face to face. They were right next to each other, but Wright never moved his head at any point and the keeper never went doon like he had been touched (giving his performance 10 seconds before, hes nae against going doon like a fairy).

For those not there, it all started when a ball was lofted into the box and the keeper caught it in the air with Wright and a defender charging in. The keeper then makes a fud of himself by throwing himself to the deck to get a freekick, as the contact was minimal and with upper bodys not legs. Wright is nae happy (as any player should be) and tells the cunt exactly what he thinks face to face. They were right next to each other, but Wright never moved his head at any point and the keeper never went doon like he had been touched (giving his performance 10 seconds before, hes nae against going doon like a fairy).

I thought it was later when he was squaring up to Craigen.  Craigen certainly looked round and gesticulated toward the linesman as if something had happened

I thought it was later when he was squaring up to Craigen.  Craigen certainly looked round and gesticulated toward the linesman as if something had happened

Right I have just got up and realised after reading a match report it was Craigen and nae the keeper incident......missed the one they are talking about then  :doh:

Craigan was on the Radio after being hunted down by the BBC to explain what happened. From what I gathered between shouts at the radio he said that he 'did the boy a favour' by moving his head away from an on-coming headbutt!

Don't remember anybody from the BBC asking Duffman if he though the Novo takle was a bit harsh?

Knives out...

Guest swaddon

The Sunday Mail says it was an attempted headbutt, and journalists never get it wrong.

I'm not condoning violent conduct, but if Tommy really wants to stick the nut on some players, he should wait until next Saturday. Especially if Novo is playing.

I was watching the pair of them (Wright and Craigan) as the 'incident' happened. Wright DID move his head towards Craigan, and Craigan avoided contact by moving backwards. Craigan could quite easily have stood still and fell over once contact had been made. Fair play to him.

http://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/Article.aspx/794647

New Don Wright in the clear over clash

By Charlie Allan

Published: 19/08/2008

THE SFA won’t take any action against Aberdeen striker Tommy Wright for having a go at Motherwell defender Stephen Craigan.

The new Don was involved in an off-the-ball incident with Craigan during Aberdeen’s 1-0 SPL victory at Fir Park.

It was believed the incident has been missed by referee Steve Conroy and the SFA were planning to use video evidence to conduct their own investigation.

But the SFA have been forced to shelve that because Conroy has cleared Wright of any wrong doing in his report.

An SFA spokesman said: “The referee said he saw what happened and that he felt no action was needed.

“That is the end of it as far as we are concerned.â€