Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Just Back From Game

Difficult game for me as I went with my nephews so had to control the swearing......I never realised how often I swore at the football until I tried not to.

Anyway

Much better performance than last week but still lacking badly out wide however.

First the negatives.

Zander at RB was a disaster and it was a blessing in disguise when he went off.  Foster wasn't great but he was a hell of alot better than diamond

Duff, in a 20min spell in the 2nd in particular was atrocious.  How many times did mulgrew have good possession only to find Duff standing on the half way line making no attempt to get into the space behind their FB?

In the same 20min spell we seemed to be terrified of crossing the half way line (duff again the main culprit) and again we seemed terrified to shoot.

On a similar note, as said above, we are chronically lacking out wide and JC desperately needs to pull a rabbit (or preferably a winger with pace and skill) out the hat before 31st August

Finally Diamond injured...how long will he be out as although he was terrible today we will need him at the back

Now the good points

Superb result, and a badly needed boost to our confidence.  You could see the lift the team got when we went 1-0 up.

Mulgrew, good performance all round and superb finish.

The defence (after diamond went off) was reasonably solid and considine and seve did a decent job.

Kerr looked better in the middle of the park and should be a good signing.

Tommy Wright.  Finally someone that will get stuck in, and was unlucky not to score.  Likely to get sent off vs Rangers but may also bag a goal.

Superb result against a Well side that should be top6 again this year.

Final, and I'm afraid, negative point.  Booing our side 60mins into our 2nd game of the season really is pretty pathetic.  Take a look at yourselves guys, especially as it was otherwise a pretty good atmosphere, and an improvement on recent trips to fir park.

Final, final, well done to the Motherwell fans for their anti OF 5% banner.

Yes they must be see other posts somewhere

anyway which of the new signings impressed you most

Thought Kerr looked decent in the middle. Confident in posession and always in space to get his teammates out of trouble. Was hugely impressed with Mulgrew. Not only a perfect free kick, but brilliant on the ball, and picked out some excellent passes.

The most disappointing thing about today was the lack of penetration up front. Mackie, for me, was abysmal. Never once looked like he was interested in running in behind the defence, or to lock onto a Miller flick. Miller himself was quite poor, although showed some brilliant touches. Wright looked the part for me. Always eager, always 100% committed, and loves a challenge. Would have scored but for a last ditch block. We really need some good wingers.

Can't argue with the result though, much needed. Bring on the filth.

Positives - We won, Seve, Considine and Mulgrew all looked good and Wright looks enthusiastic.

Negatives - Way we played. Very negative with 10 men behind the ball for most of the match and our one attacking option seemed to be just to punt the ball long at Millers head. If we continue in this style I will struggle to justify the money to go for very little entertainment in return.

Also have to say that Wright needs to watch his challanges as from todays evidence he is a red card waiting to happen. With a squad as small as ours we cannot afford to have a player who will end up spending large parts of the season sitting in the stand suspended.

Its interesting to hear someone who has confidence in the backline when Diamond is not in in it, that quite reassuring.  Especially as it seems thart Calderwood has done his usual and rushed him back from injury. I hope he isnt out for a long spell.

As per usual, it appears the tango man is trying to paper over cracks by forcing players out of position instead of replacing them properly by using a player who he thinks must have the experience to cope with a sudden change of position.  I firmly believe that this doesnt work as it does not create a ptoper understanding between players.

With regards to the next game, its almost a cert now that the hun WILL get a pen, judging how well the SFA's increased bribes are working for the infirm and that Wright will be the escape goat, being banished to the stand for eternity after some make believe atrocity.  His card will be marked by the officials al la Lee Richardson.

Wasn't there today but thought he was MOTM last week, and from what been reading here it sounds like he had another good performance today.

I thought he played well against Caley, but I was more impressed with him today than I was with him last week. He was really comfortable on the ball, had a couple of good runs and was very composed when asked to defend - almost the anti-Foster.

Final, and I'm afraid, negative point.  Booing our side 60mins into our 2nd game of the season really is pretty pathetic.  Take a look at yourselves guys, especially as it was otherwise a pretty good atmosphere, and an improvement on recent trips to fir park.

I think they were lucky they made it to 60 mins without getting booed, the football on display was atrocious! Are we meant to wait until we get hame and type into the computer we are disgrunted and dont like the football we saw or wait until the end of the season and say something? Like fuck if I am, they need to sort themselves out and Calderwood needs to think about his tactics.

That game was horrendous if we play like that I wont be going much this season.

I think they were lucky they made it to 60 mins without getting booed, the football on display was atrocious! Are we meant to wait until we get hame and type into the computer we are disgrunted and dont like the football we saw or wait until the end of the season and say something? Like fuck if I am, they need to sort themselves out and Calderwood needs to think about his tactics.

stop being so bloody hysterical.

I don't have a problem with booing the team, I have done it many times, but to do it during our first away match of the season is hardly going to have any positive benefit.  Surely away from home we should be backing the team to the hilt rather than booing them as the battle away against what was the best of the rest last season.

It wasn't a great performance but it was only our second away win in 2008 and our first away win against any "top6" side in fucking ages.

By all means boo at the end of the match if you have to, but for me 180mins into the season it is a bit early to get the knives out, particularly given we always start poorly (but that is a differnet discussion)

We were nil nil FFS, I'm no going to say it was sparkling football but we weren't getting beaten and Motherwell looked to be playing a similar game to us, although they did play better passing football in the middle, well, first half anyway.

Second half we showed up and despite being played in a very very tough position for him, Duff did ok for me, played at left wing? He had no chance with some of you! He kept the ball well and made the bye line a few times, already and improvement on Smith last week.

Defensively we looked much more solid, Seve and Consi cleared their lines, Consi looking a bit more like Der Kaiser than Der Shizen of last week, even Foster weighing in with some good tackles and interceptions.

McDonald got involved, made some very good runs if poor decisions with the ball and Kerr was vastly improved, worked like fuck but nosebleeds a plenty when he could see the goal.

Miller was OK but needed someone running off him and Mackie was very isolated a lot of the time wide ride (FFS Jimmy!).

Young made a difference too in the middle (I dunno if that says more about the current squad or Young though) a bit more composed and made a tackle or 3, better use of the ball going forward against one of the better midfields last season.

Finally, Tommy Wright will fucking kill you! 

We were nil nil FFS, I'm no going to say it was sparkling football but we weren't getting beaten and Motherwell looked to be playing a similar game to us, although they did play better passing football in the middle, well, first half anyway.

Do you expect me to be positive when I have a killer hangover? No, boooooooooooooooo. There were positives  - I thought Condidine looked very good at the back. Is that better?

Do you expect me to be positive when I have a killer hangover?  

From the nonsense you were texting last night i'm not surprised!

At the end of the day it's 3 points on the board, and although i couldnt make it yesterday meaning i have no idea just how bad or good we were i can guarantee next weekend will see us playing some decent football

From the nonsense you were texting last night i'm not surprised!

I sent you a pic of some paps, hows that nonsense  ???

BRING ON THE RANGERS, BRING ON THE RANGERS, BRING ON THE RANGERS! But then I remembered the last time we sang that at Fir Park, we got pumped 3-0 at Ibrox...

Second half we showed up and despite being played in a very very tough position for him, Duff did ok for me, played at left wing? He had no chance with some of you! He kept the ball well and made the bye line a few times, already and improvement on Smith last week.

Defensively we looked much more solid, Seve and Consi cleared their lines, Consi looking a bit more like Der Kaiser than Der Shizen of last week, even Foster weighing in with some good tackles and interceptions.

McDonald got involved, made some very good runs if poor decisions with the ball and Kerr was vastly improved, worked like fuck but nosebleeds a plenty when he could see the goal.

Miller was OK but needed someone running off him and Mackie was very isolated a lot of the time wide ride (FFS Jimmy!).

Young made a difference too in the middle (I dunno if that says more about the current squad or Young though) a bit more composed and made a tackle or 3, better use of the ball going forward against one of the better midfields last season.

Finally, Tommy Wright will fucking kill you! 

This the latest chick TF ;D