Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

JC: Aberdeen will get it right at Fir Park

I think its fairly common for holding midfielders who are slowing up in the later stages of their careers to drop back into central defensive roles. Its also fairly common for lightweight CBs with youth and speed on their side to operate in FB positions from time to time when injuries in small squads bite. As for players in the Foster/Clark catagory they have always had a flexible role in the squad and when budgets are tight and squad sizes are under pressure it makes sense to use these types of players where you need them most.

While I agree that JC makes some crazy tactical/positional decisions in games, I agree with ST that its a little hysterical to claim that it goes on endlessly.

I think its fairly common for holding midfielders who are slowing up in the later stages of their careers to drop back into central defensive roles. Its also fairly common for lightweight CBs with youth and speed on their side to operate in FB positions from time to time when injuries in small squads bite. As for players in the Foster/Clark catagory they have always had a flexible role in the squad and when budgets are tight and squad sizes are under pressure it makes sense to use these types of players where you need them most.

While I agree that JC makes some crazy tactical/positional decisions in games, I agree with ST that its a little hysterical to claim that it goes on endlessly.

Good post.  :thumbsup:

JC won't get it right all of the time, especially considering the players at his disposal, the size of squad he has to work with, and the fact there's not much between most sides in the SPL.  We've lost to ICT for the first time and the JMG mob are foaming at the mouth.  ;D

Funny how your wee brother doesn't correct your spelling mistakes though.  :thumbsup:

Good post.  :thumbsup:

JC won't get it right all of the time, especially considering the players at his disposal, the size of squad he has to work with, and the fact there's not much between most sides in the SPL.  We've lost to ICT for the first time and the JMG mob are foaming at the mouth.  ;D

Funny how your wee brother doesn't correct your spelling mistakes though.   :thumbsup:

Its amazing what a few chinese burns and dead legs in our youth can do  ;)