Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Dutch Police Move Dons Game, Crowd trouble worries

Aberdeen's game with Go Ahead Eagles has now been moved from Saturday to Friday night by police for fear of crowd trouble after big fighting with Dutch fans at recent testemonial.

Seems a bit strange to move it to a Friday night though!!

As i've mentioned before, Go Ahead Eagles have a firm that like to give it a go (tried it against Ajax a few years back). Deventer Hooligans. Still i'm surprised the Dutch police have moved this though since they do near enough fuck all about other fixtures. Why not move the spurs feyenoord game???

As i've mentioned before, Go Ahead Eagles have a firm that like to give it a go (tried it against Ajax a few years back). Deventer Hooligans. Still i'm surprised the Dutch police have moved this though since they do near enough fuck all about other fixtures. Why not move the spurs feyenoord game???

Cause Feyenoord play Celtic on Sunday aswell.

And Celtic play Spurs on Friday in Rotterdam aswell.

I know, but i'd say there would be a much higher chance of trouble there than at our games + I just detest Feyenoord  :thumbsup:

Think the Spurs/Aberdeen link may well have the cops worried and getting us to play at same tie as them solves a few problems.

Nobody at AFC knew about this, they also heard it on the radio(Northsound?)

They are trying to contact the team out in Holland to see if they know.

You would think with our Director of Football out there enjoying a free holiday that he may have filtered the news back to the club for them to let the fans know!!

You would think with our Director of Football out there enjoying a free holiday that he may have filtered the news back to the club for them to let the fans know!!

http://www.afc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/clubNewsDetail/0,,10284~1353543,00.html

Aberdeen's pre season match with Go Ahead Eagles planned for this coming Saturday is likely to be moved to Friday night, under instruction from the dutch police.

Discussions are currently taking place to finalise details of the game, and we'll post them on RedWeb as soon as they are confirmed.

Think that is in Bristol though!!

http://www.goalzz.com/main.aspx?region=-1&dd=2&mm=8&yy=2008

Roosendaal v AZ Alkmaar

Club Top Oss v Vitesse Arnhem

Or down into Germany for:

Eintracht Frankfurt v Kaiserslautern

Borussia Munchengladbach v Valencia

St Pauli v Stuttgart

Werder v Trabzonspor

Either that or just hit the pub!!

Stop spouting shite - Aberdeen have no intentions of travelling to the Spurs game - too busy hoorin and getting early night for trip down to Deventer

Excellent plan - we'll all go to Deventer anyway on the Saturday and do their bar!!! ha ha  ;D

(...just kidding)

You over there with a false passport?  :wave:

Guest Schapenneuker

I just posted this on AFC-Chat. there's a fair chance that the game might not go ahead at all...

http://www.ga-eagles.nl/

According to the GAE website, the match has been cancelled by the local council in Deventer......this isn't unusual for Dutch games.

IF.....and it seems to be a big IF....the game goes ahead, it'll now be played on Friday evening at the ground of SV Terwolde, with a 19.30 kick off.

Terwolde is a wee village about 3 miles to the north west of Deventer.

The decision will be made Wednesday morning at the latest.

What an absolute nut for the lads who are travelling specially for this game. ....it's absolutely typical of Dutch football though.

The reason they still have a hooligan problem is because the authorities refuse to take on the troublemakers directly, and instead do things like this which inconvenience all the decent fans.

Result ? The arseholes are still out there and the decent fans drift away from football because they get fed up with it all.

Baws, again.