Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Some shit dutch team managed by Scott Calderwood vs Aberdeen

width=249 height=212http://www.afc.premiumtv.co.uk/javaImages/5c/d8/0,,10284~3725404,00.jpg[/img]

The Aberdeen team to play fourth division side DZC 68' tonight at Sportpark, in the South of Doetinchem is as follows:

Probable line-up: Bossu, Foster, Mulgrew, McDonald, Considine, Severin, Pawlett, J Smith, Miller, Maguire, de Visscher subs: Langfield, S Smith, Mair, Kerr, Stewart, Mackie, Paton.

The team had a light training session this morning. Then after lunch the players rested ahead of the game tonight. Trialist Lecsinel Jean-Francois is still not 100% fit so it is unlikely he will be risked. Duff and Diamond are also both out however there was better news for Jimmy Calderwood as Lee Mair did train this morning and could take a place on the bench tonight.

width=249 height=212http://www.afc.premiumtv.co.uk/javaImages/5c/d8/0,,10284~3725404,00.jpg[/img]

The Aberdeen team to play fourth division side DZC 68' tonight at Sportpark, in the South of Doetinchem is as follows:

Probable line-up: Bossu, Foster, Mulgrew, McDonald, Considine, Severin, Pawlett, J Smith, Miller, Maguire, de Visscher subs: Langfield, S Smith, Mair, Kerr, Stewart, Mackie, Paton.

The team had a light training session this morning. Then after lunch the players rested ahead of the game tonight. Trialist Lecsinel Jean-Francois is still not 100% fit so it is unlikely he will be risked. Duff and Diamond are also both out however there was better news for Jimmy Calderwood as Lee Mair did train this morning and could take a place on the bench tonight.

That'll be the only person who thinks it's good news then. Useless bastard.

5-0. Jamie Smith.

A few goals, hat trick from Maguire.... against a team that, to be fair, is likely about the quality of a bunch of lads in the Duthie Park. 

Still, it's games like this that let them form understandings.... when they can knock the ball about and play to the game-plan, rather than chasing the game like we did against Peter-feckin-heid.

Hope to christ we can find a central defender before the start of the season. And by 'defender' I'm not just talking about some substandard journeyman who gets found out at SPL level.

Pretty much. It's one of those games that they're damned if they do, damned if they don't. Win 5-0 (for example) and folk say "we shouldn't be playing that shit, we should beat them easily so what have we learned etc", and if we don't scud them, it's "JMG! We're shite, we're getting relegated etc".

Good to get a few goals, the games in Holland will get tougher, let's hope this stands them in good stead.

Hope to christ we can find a central defender before the start of the season. And by 'defender' I'm not just talking about some substandard journeyman who gets found out at SPL level.

I see Mulgrew played centre hallf tonight, so wouldn't surprise me if he starts the season there.

:doh:

My thoughts exactly. We get what promises to be our first decent, natural left back since Davie Robertson, and we play him in the centre... meaning we still don't have a decent, natural left back in the left back position.

I'd think the club was having a laugh if it was anyone but Jimmy in charge.

Calderwood saved our arse, bless him, but he does do some awfy, awfy retarded shit.

Yaaaaaaaaaaas/Booooooooooooooo, we've won/lost against some lower league pish/unknown Dutch pish/Champions' League-winning pish !!

I hope that [trialist A] gets to fuck, and [youngster X] went to my school and acted the cunt so despite his goal/hat-trick/stellar performance he can get to fuck/Dundee/Neptune.

I'm never getting a season ticket again/thinking fucking hell it's only a fucking pre-season friendly for fuck's sake.

:hammer:

Fuck knows where he seen it but the match report on Redweb says he played at left back with Foster at right back and Seve and Considine in the centre of defence.

Yeah thats what confused me! talk about jumping on the complaint bandwagon!

The defence put out tonight sounds reasonable, obviously i have no idea how they played though.

Swapping diamond for considine and keeping it settled could lead to a fairly solid backline next season!

The defence put out tonight sounds reasonable, obviously i have no idea how they played though.

Swapping diamond for considine and keeping it settled could lead to a fairly solid backline next season!

Aye good een.. ye were jokin right?

Guest swaddon

It could more likely lead to relegation. I'm sure Considine will turn out to be a decent player, but Diamond is the best defender at the club, and to leave him out would be stupid. Unless you just mean putting Considine in whilst Diamond recuperates from his injury.

Anyone listen to Calderwood's interview? He sounds really angry becasue we didn't score anymore and he uses 'sloppy' about 5 times!

That is because he's a bell end.

No matter who the opposition is, Maguire knocking in some goals can only be a good thing. 5 goals from forwards is also a good sign. Little acorns and all that.

Confidence.  As alluded to by Kowalski further up.  Pre-season really starts here.  Starting off with tough games Man Utd, Dundee wasn't a particularly good idea.  Early games should be solely about building up fitness and confidence.  Cliche of the day #1: You don't begin your training for a marathon by running a marathon.