Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Todays transfer news (get ready for this one)

He's good if I remember right, would have seen him play I'm sure. Nae a very tall guy seem to remember him being fast but don't know why.

I'm pretty sure he had a spell on loan at Dundee Utd the season before last and didn't impress much.

EDIT: Season 2002-3 it was (man I'm getting auld).  Alex Smith signed him based on his performances for Scotland U-21.

LB Cummings, LM Mulgrew, CF Smith would work for me.....

I'm pretty sure he had a spell on loan at Dundee Utd the season before last and didn't impress much.

EDIT: Season 2002-3 it was (man I'm getting auld).  Alex Smith signed him based on his performances for Scotland U-21.

LB Cummings, LM Mulgrew, CF Smith would work for me.....

Is he left back? I had him pictured at right back, probably remembering Bournemouth defending, rather than attacking then.

• 2 weeks later...

According to MAD we've been inquiring about Don Cowie and he's rejected a new contract with them. If true, think he would be a great addition. The right age, puts in a very good shift and chips in with a few goals.

Is he not a centre mid as well though? With McDonald and Kerr coming in, as well as already having Severin, do we really need another player for that position?

Is he not a centre mid as well though? With McDonald and Kerr coming in, as well as already having Severin, do we really need another player for that position?

Yes, however was it not quoted in the papers that Severin will be playing a more defensive role? Clearly his best is past him and I don't think he has the pace or the patience for a role in midfield anymore. A guy can dream ;)  :thumbsup:

Yes, however was it not quoted in the papers that Severin will be playing a more defensive role? Clearly his best is past him and I don't think he has the pace or the patience for a role in midfield anymore. A guy can dream ;)  :thumbsup:

Would rather we signed a centre half than another centre midfielder. If this is true, then it kind of backs up the view that JC is like a dog with a bone, once he gets it in his head he wants someone he just keeps going for them regardless of whether we actually need them or not.

Tango said in yesterday's paper that he's not interested in Warren Cummings.

Thank god for that, cos he was arse.

Would rather we signed a centre half than another centre midfielder. If this is true, then it kind of backs up the view that JC is like a dog with a bone, once he gets it in his head he wants someone he just keeps going for them regardless of whether we actually need them or not.

I do agree with you completely about JC, which frustrates the hell out of me usually, but I think that Cowie would actually add something to our team. We are crying out for a winger and centre half.