Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

The missing pieces??

So, what positional signings do we still need? Here's what we have in my opinion -

GK - Langfield

RB - ?

CB - Diamond

CB - ?

LB - ?

RM - McDonald

CM -Seve

CM - Kerr

LM - ?

F - Miller

F - Smith

Subs - Bosso, Considine, Mair, Foster, Dan Smith (is he still here?), De Visscher, Duff, Young, Mackie, Mcguire, plus all the young boys who'll be fringe players. That makes 17 (16 if Dan's gone) first team players which, in my opinion, means we need at least 5/6 more first team players. Obvious priorities are a forward, left midfielder, and the three defenders. Starting to have major concerns that the defence will be a shambles again this year.

Apart from Gow, any grapevine rumours?

bit worried that we havnt even heard a mention for a strike partner for miller yet, think that should be a priority also getting some experiance in the defence after hart left we kind of lost it at the back.

after that we need a winger, and a box to box midfielder, im hoping seve will be punted sooner rather then later. Think kerr will be a good signing but seve really isnt a good partner for him in midfield.

So, what positional signings do we still need? Here's what we have in my opinion -

GK - Langfield

RB - ?

CB - Diamond

CB - ?

LB - ?

RM - McDonald

CM -Seve

CM - Kerr

LM - ?

F - Miller

F - Smith

Subs - Bosso, Considine, Mair, Foster, Dan Smith (is he still here?), De Visscher, Duff, Young, Mackie, Mcguire, plus all the young boys who'll be fringe players. That makes 17 (16 if Dan's gone) first team players which, in my opinion, means we need at least 5/6 more first team players. Obvious priorities are a forward, left midfielder, and the three defenders. Starting to have major concerns that the defence will be a shambles again this year.

Apart from Gow, any grapevine rumours?

I reckon Jeff will be playing more of a part this year. Calderwood has been talking him up and has managed to keep him away from McDonalds this summer, and of course, he's been flying in training...

From the EE today -

Calderwood said: “Getting a striker is now at the top of our agenda. We will also sign two more defenders and another who can play in a variety of roles and that will be that."

So that makes Bosso, McDonald, Kerr, plus another 4. Maybe we add the 17yr old Irish kid. Were we not told we'd be signing 10/11 from JC or Miller and this was before we sold Touzani?

Here we go again.... no doubt we'll hear new signings include Lee Miller, a fit Jamie Smith, De Visscher who is fit now and like a new signing blah blah blah.

I just wish JC/Miller would shut up rather than promise and fail to deliver. I know people complain when there is no noise/gossip but to me silence is the best way. Any time we hear xxx number of players will be signed it never happens and the fans just get pissed off or feel let down.

I just wish JC/Miller would shut up rather than promise and fail to deliver. I know people complain when there is no noise/gossip but to me silence is the best way. Any time we hear xxx number of players will be signed it never happens and the fans just get pissed off or feel let down.

Where did they PROMISE to bring in 10 players?

Don't have the time to find the exact article but I'm pretty certain either JC or WM said we'd be bringing in 10/11 players this summer. Hence this has been the number many refer to when we discuss signings.

Find the time.  ;)

The key word is PROMISE

I'm pretty sure that was just after the QoS debacle where he threatened to ditch most of the team. I could be wrong though.

Heat of the moment maybe?  :-\

From the EE today -

Calderwood said: “Getting a striker is now at the top of our agenda. We will also sign two more defenders and another who can play in a variety of roles and that will be that."

So that makes Bosso, McDonald, Kerr, plus another 4. Maybe we add the 17yr old Irish kid. Were we not told we'd be signing 10/11 from JC or Miller and this was before we sold Touzani?

Here we go again.... no doubt we'll hear new signings include Lee Miller, a fit Jamie Smith, De Visscher who is fit now and like a new signing blah blah blah.

Sorry.. did what with Touzani?

Ach at least we got him off the wage bill.. though I had expected Touzani to have more of a role this season...

Aye but that doesn't make me feel any better because he probably wasn't on that much and what's the likelyhood of his replacement being as able?

I would have thought that figure would have taken a rise by now. I mean we needed 5 maybe 6 more players before the departures of Mcnamara, lovell, nicolson, soutar, byrne and touzani we still havnt replaced clark, hart or anderson as of yet. Plus you can also add in the loss of aluko maybury, bus and walker from the squad.

Apart from Kerr coming in i have yet to see any improvement in last seasons squad. our first game is on saturday our team should have already been built or at least taking shape by now in preperation for a pre-season together. Instead what we are going to have is the same as last season a couple of last minute signings and no idea what our best team is but the time the ICT game comes around.

I would have to side with Stoney here. I'm also of the opinion that we require 5 or 6 new players of a decent standard. A good striker to play with Miller in my opinion is a must. Cant rely on Miller soley for our goals. Mackie and Maguire just aint up to the task in my opinion. Miller also picks up stupid bookings here and there so no doubt he will be suspended at times and also injured as he takes a fair share of whacks from the opposition. I would also even consider a loan deal for a striker or even two!

I would also like to see three defenders come into the club, a centre half, and a left and right back. What happened with McNamee??? Did he opt to stay with Coventry?? He would be ideal for right back and Mulgrew or similar for the left back berth. Onother left sided player should be a priority as well to give the side a bit of balance especially in the midfield.