Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

nae Foran

So he rips the piss out of the club when Ebbe was here by refusing to behave in terms of boozing and fechting when invited over for a trial, and now he rips the piss again by asking for Billy-big-boy wages when he's only ever achieved the square root of fuck all.

I can honestly say that I am over the moon that we haven't signed this arrogant wee twat, and feel sorry for the Southend fans who were so delighted at the thought he might be leaving. Still, if that means the £50k can be used towards a player of the standard we should be aiming for, so much the better.

That said, I fully expect JC to be back in for him next year when his contract expires.

So he rips the piss out of the club when Ebbe was here by refusing to behave in terms of boozing and fechting when invited over for a trial, and now he rips the piss again by asking for Billy-big-boy wages when he's only ever achieved the square root of fuck all.

I can honestly say that I am over the moon that we haven't signed this arrogant wee twat, and feel sorry for the Southend fans who were so delighted at the thought he might be leaving. Still, if that means the £50k can be used towards a player of the standard we should be aiming for, so much the better.

That said, I fully expect JC to be back in for him next year when his contract expires.

Obviously, aye. But the thing is I can't see any alternative that JC has in mind being any better. :(

If he's demanding too much, fuck him. I'm glad we've said allegedly said get tae fuck to him. The cream of the crop players can demand decent wages. The rest need to do with what the clubs can offer them, or risk being stuck on the dole queue (or with Plymouth Argyle). Foran never has and never will be the cream of the crop. Maybe he was a handy player for Shamrock Rovers ... but if he's trying to milk AFC for all they're worth, he can get tae fuck.

Should put the money to good use and get a QUALITY player like Maybury wrapped up and ready for another couple of seasons at Pittodrie.

I would love it if we kept Lovell, we just have to find a way of motivating him so he looks interested, maybe a goal bonus or something.

I don't think he'd stay if we offered to double his salary after the way he's been treated by Calderwood.

Taken from AB Mad. Not holding my breath on this one:

“Our Euro 08 target is Adrian Cristea, apparently a right winger come striker from Romania. He is the one of the reasons why the Foran deal is off, although injury concerns and wages were obviously also an issue. Apparently scouted during the same trips that highlighted the Slovak guy and he too is very highly rated. Talks are ongoing with the club and we hope to speak to the player when Romania exit Euro 08.

Despite being an international with European experience his wages would appear to be less than Forans. Which is why we are really struggling to get deals tied up as quickly as we'd hoped. The money available elsewhere is just huge. We still look good for two deals were we were spending a bit of cash but virtually all the deals involving free agents have not gone as planned.

Also, don't be surprised if we lose another first team player during close season as we have been sounded out about fees for one of our big names (not Maguire).â€

Was thinking United may want to take him now that Levein is there.  Can't see it being Jamie Smith as he's too injury prone. Won't be Miller as he's just signed a new deal. Zander?

Zander would be my bet if anyone is to move on.

If this speculation is true, (and I realise it IS speculation)  that if Zander is "lured" away, then big, big questions need to be asked where milne is taking this club.  Nothing in the close season so far has mage me rush out to buy a season ticket.  Foran ounds like a proper greedy prick, only interested in lining his pocket whilst able to play, so fuk im, Were better off without.  2 goals since leaving murderwell?  We have plenty of miss firing strikers already bleeding us dry thank you very much.

If this speculation is true, (and I realise it IS speculation)  that if Zander is "lured" away, then big, big questions need to be asked where milne is taking this club.  Nothing in the close season so far has mage me rush out to buy a season ticket.  Foran ounds like a proper greedy prick, only interested in lining his pocket whilst able to play, so fuk im, Were better off without.  2 goals since leaving murderwell?  We have plenty of miss firing strikers already bleeding us dry thank you very much.

I have just heard from a well-informed chum of mine that Celtic have already contacted AFC about a possible swap involving Riordan and Zander.

Don't shoot the messenger: I reckon it's unlikely, but the person I've heard this from is usually absolutely spot-on when it comes to stories about the Tims.

Thing is Zander could easily be worth £2million or even more by xmas time depending on how well we do, Riorden is a ned that hasn't been playing for the best part of a year, he also got home sick and moved back to edinbourgh and Glasgow is only 30 minutes away or so, so what would he be like living 3 hours away?

If Zander goes we have a defence of Considine, Seve, Mair, Touzani and Foster to chose from, i predict us shipping atleast 2 goals agame.