Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

First game of the 08/09 season

If You Could Chose the Opening Game who would it be against and why?

Personally Hibs away on a nice sunny day, fill the whole stand behind the goal and we would be in for a cracking game, Hibs and us always seem to make a good go of things and it's never a dull game.

If You Could Chose the Opening Game who would it be against and why?

Personally Hibs away on a nice sunny day, fill the whole stand behind the goal and we would be in for a cracking game, Hibs and us always seem to make a good go of things and it's never a dull game.

I'd go with that, mainly because I'm in Edinburgh over the summer :thumbsup: Might have to avoid the trashy locals though  ;)

Guest swaddon

My preference would be not to indulge inane irrelevant discussions. Who cares? Why care?

Because there's no domestic football for the next two months, and we need something to talk about to fill the void.

St Mirren at Pittodrie gets my vote. Every year we start off without winning one of the first two games there's always a wave of panic that spreads through the support and the team and leads to more nervy performances at the start of the year than it should.

Good point, and I totally agree. Last season we only got 2 points from the first 4 games, (I had just typed albeit it was against top 6 opposition, but then remembered the jambos were 8th this season!  :rofl2:) and quickly the crowds nerves transferred to the team.

A home game v anyone but the bigot brothers would be my preference, especially as our first game for the last 3 seasons has been away.

Did we not work out last year that they just swapped the order of the fixtures around from the previous year? That would make our first game vs Falkirk.

Doesn't really bother me who we get as long it is on a Saturday at 3pm

Hear hear  :thumbsup: