Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

The Official thank you Barry Nicholson Thread.

Just wanted to give a thank you to Barry (which will not be seen by him but care much!)

Good to see a player non local give everything for the team, althoguh he had a bit of a sticky start he showed that the team did mean a lot to him, and was good to see a player celebrate passionately whether he scored against Caley Thistle or the huns.

Should have made the Scotland squad at some point in the last two years as he's been a lot more consistent than Hartley etc.

Definitely replaceable ability wise, but maybe not replaceable passion and commitment wise.

Good luck Barry wherever you go, you deserve it.

As much as I would love to agree, I just canny. Fucking horrible seeing your foot at a 90 degree angle to your knee. :(

Oocha. I mind back at Tynecastle in 95 when we needed to win to stay up, I was only 7 years old, Dodds scored his second, massive bounce, nae back to the seats in the away end back then, everyone landed on me, turned to look at my dad & he just screamed "fucking come on" at me, while smiling and left me to grin and bear it. Cunt. But I wouldn't have changed it for anything!!

Oocha. I mind back at Tynecastle in 95 when we needed to win to stay up, I was only 7 years old, Dodds scored his second, massive bounce, nae back to the seats in the away end back then, everyone landed on me, turned to look at my dad & he just screamed "fucking come on" at me, while smiling and left me to grin and bear it. Cunt. But I wouldn't have changed it for anything!!

brilliant dive by Shearer for the first, and brilliant ball from the Grunter for the second. What a bounce.

No one can fault the commitment that Barry Nic has given Aberdeen during his time here. Sorry to see him go, but at the end of the day nothing stays the same forever, and we've lost better players then him before.

No one can fault the commitment that Barry Nic has given Aberdeen during his time here. Sorry to see him go, but at the end of the day nothing stays the same forever, and we've lost better players then him before.

Agreed, I wish him all the best. Just would've been nice if he'd announced he was leaving quicker.

Thank you for being a good professional and giving everything to the AFC cause whilst in the employ of club.

You did the job you were paid to do well, and to the best of your abilities, and that is all you can ask of a footballer - and a lot more than you get from a lot of them these days.

Hope you get the contract you want in England and do well there.

Peace out Barry.

Guest bloo_toon_red

Maybe the fouth place finish, the extra £150k or so generated from it should be put to some use to make him a slightly improved contract offer?  If the rumours are to be believed, AFC upped their offer to Lee Miller at the 11th hour and Nicholson being a key player surely deserves the same courtesy.

From a purely professional point of view I wish him well.  But from a red-tinted point of view I think he's making a big mistake in leaving for Championship mediocrity.  As such, I'll weigh my thoughts moreso on the latter.

Maybe the fouth place finish, the extra £150k or so generated from it should be put to some use to make him a slightly improved contract offer?  If the rumours are to be believed, AFC upped their offer to Lee Miller at the 11th hour and Nicholson being a key player surely deserves the same courtesy.

From a purely professional point of view I wish him well.  But from a red-tinted point of view I think he's making a big mistake in leaving for Championship mediocrity.  As such, I'll weigh my thoughts moreso on the latter.

I heard a rumour...