Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

3 players in on trial

That'll be the EE shown up again. Not only second to the Dons exclusives but not even doing ther research before copying it straight off of the internet!

Don't know anything about these players but the keepers record is pish, hardly played a game in years. The Dutch striker has been offered around numerous teams who've said no but seems like a nutter, something we could do with. Davids looks like he is a decent young player and if it is LB he plays he can't be any worse than our other efforts over the years.

Jimmy Calderwood told RedWeb about each of the players.

Redan - "I knew him from Holland and he did well in Holland under Martin Jol. He was captain there for a while, he's a good kid, very strong and he did well in training this morning."

Davids - "he's a left sided central defender who comes highly recommended. He'll need to get used to the pace of the game here in Scotland but he certainly can play."

Busso - "He speaks good English having been with Walsall, Darlington and Gillingham and he did very well in training."

Jimmy also said "I'll be speaking the both Maybury and Duff's agents possibly later today, they both want to stay and we'll see what happens. Training was great today and we had a few of the guys back including Jamie Smith which was a tremendous boost for everyone."

Busso - "He speaks good English having been with Walsall, Darlington and Gillingham"

Thats good at least he'd be able to understand the abuse that he would probably get.

"Training was great today and we had a few of the guys back including Jamie Smith which was a tremendous boost for everyone"

I think i know one person whose going to be playing next thursday. Why doesnt he let him rest over the summer so he can HOPEFULLY get rid of all his injury problems and start a new season fresh

Busso - "He speaks good English having been with Walsall, Darlington and Gillingham"

Thats good at least he'd be able to understand the abuse that he would probably get.

"Training was great today and we had a few of the guys back including Jamie Smith which was a tremendous boost for everyone"

I think i know one person whose going to be playing next thursday. Why doesnt he let him rest over the summer so he can HOPEFULLY get rid of all his injury problems and start a new season fresh

That's the first thing I thought too.  :-\

Boss Jimmy Calderwood told the Dons' website: "He is a left-sided central defender who comes highly recommended.

He'll need to get used to the pace here but can certainly play

How many times are we going to have to read this before JC realises that average Dutch players don't fit into our style of football ?

Unless... we play dutch fitba? Last Scotland game I went to, we got beat 6-0. This dirge week in, week out, excepting a handful of "where the fuck did that come from" performances this season, can only be bettered.

Yes I know, pedanticists, pedantictiles, pedanticalicists, pedants, pedanticalicismics, top dutch v average dutch.

Unless... we play dutch fitba? Last Scotland game I went to, we got beat 6-0. This dirge week in, week out, excepting a handful of "where the fuck did that come from" performances this season, can only be bettered.

Yes I know, pedanticists, pedantictiles, pedanticalicists, pedants, pedanticalicismics, top dutch v average dutch.

Pimps, pedarists, paeodophiles...... ;D

Dons wipe slate clean for Redan

By Paul Third

Published: 17/05/2008

Aberdeen manager Jimmy Calderwood says trialist Iwan Redan has arrived at Aberdeen with a clean slate.

The Dutchman joined countryman Sevanja Davids and French goalkeeper Bertrand Bossu on trial at Pittodrie yesterday.

Calderwood was quick to defend Redan, who was freed by Willem II after butting Belgian team-mate Kristof Imschoot during a cup match against De Graafschap at the end of the 2006-07 season.

The 27-year-old, who spent five months on loan with Cardiff last season, last played during the winter at RBC Roosen-daal in the second tier of Dutch football.

Calderwood has followed the player’s career closely and is willing to give him a chance to redeem himself in Scotland.

He said: “He was breaking through into the first team at RKC Waalwijk under Martin Jol when I came to Scotland.

“He was doing really well under Martin at RKC but when he left, Redan moved on to Willem II and was captain at one time for them.

“He had an argument with one of his colleagues and in Holland you get a mark against you which you can never get rid of.

“He is a good kid and is very strong.

“If he can get back to the form he showed under Martin when there was talk of a big move, he will be absolutely fabulous.â€

Redan and 27-year-old French goalkeeper Bossu impressed in their first training session yesterday, but Calderwood admitted Davids, a relation of Dutch great Edgar Davids, who has been freed by Feyenoord, will need to get to grips quickly with the pace of training if he wants to impress.

He said: “Feyenoord have a fabulous youth system and Davids has come highly recommended.

“He is a left-sided centre half and we will have a look at him.

“The big goalkeeper has been at Darlington, Walsall and Gillingham.

“He is 6ft 7in and has a north-east of England accent due to the time he has spent in Britain.

“Redan and the goalkeeper did really well this morning which didn’t surprise me, but Sevanja was caught out by the pace of training as the boys were really sharp.

“Dutch lads like to think they can get a bit of time on the ball and, while he can play, he hasn’t trained for two weeks and he needs to adjust to the pace.â€

Calderwood is also stepping up efforts to keep Stuart Duff and Alan Maybury at the club.

Both players are keen on staying, but Calderwood fears agreeing financial packages could be a stumbling block.

How many times are we going to have to read this before JC realises that average Dutch players don't fit into our style of football ?

Most players struggle to fit into the pace of British football, it's not just a problem that we have.

• 2 weeks later...