Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

25 Years on Sunday

On Sunday, it will be 25 years since the infamous win at the Ullevi Stadium. What will you be doing to celebrate?

Moi? I'm nowhere near either Aberdeen or Gothenburg. But I plan to be sitting in my Aberdeen top for the evening, quaffing a RED wine (perhaps Spanish, hehe) and wading my way through You Tube, watching Aberdeen victory after Aberdeen victory throughout the years. I think I'll start with Copenhagen, then work my way back to last season's climax against Rangers. Then the 3-2 league win over the huns a couple of years ago. Then a HUGE jump back to 2001 for the Shellick game at Pittodrie at Xmas. Then back to some of the "Jess Magic" games from the mid nineties. And finally ending up with game after game of stonking results in the 80s for the Dons over pretty much every single team we faced.

We might not've been giants, but we were the best!

I'll be recovering from a hangover after watching us win 5-0 the day before.

No plans to do anything special.  Hey, it was nice but I was only 2 at the time and it made no significant impact on me.  Just a nice pot to look at really and useful for getting it right up other teams.

There is a bit of the Lisbon Lions syndrome with regards to how much we milk it.

I'll be recovering from a hangover after watching us win 5-0 the day before.

No plans to do anything special.  Hey, it was nice but I was only 2 at the time and it made no significant impact on me.  Just a nice pot to look at really and useful for getting it right up other teams.

There is a bit of the Lisbon Lions syndrome with regards to how much we milk it.

(I have no problem with the Lisbon Lions......good luck to them)

To those who witnessed our triumph, it will be never just a nice pot. That whole season was a phenomenal time for AFC, one which really doesn't seem 25 years ago, and should never be forgotten. We'll never have that again, so I have no problem enjoying a wee bit of nostalgia on Sunday.

I'll be at the "do" on Friday in Aberdeen.....can't wait.  ;D

Never realised the significance of this weekend, probably because I'm distanced from the hype.  But I was actually invited to Gothenburg this weekend and turned it down.....

I might have made more of an effort had I realised and capitalised on a bit of good old fashioned nostalgia!

Think I'll just rake out my copy of the Centenary DVD and roar at Hewitt sticking it away (again) instead.

I think I'll celebrate it by having my first tattoo done. 11051983 possibly, or the Dons badge on my heart. Or I might just put on white jeans and white shoes and AFC top and jump in a fountain like I did that night. Then drink lots and get off with a tall blonde Swedish lassie. I might even argue with a cunt in a taxi queue at 5 in the morning and then sleep on an airport floor. Could then go to Radars with a massive hangover, and come out to Union Street to see the team in a bus. Happy memories. I forgot all that lot. Cheers.

Guest swaddon

I will maybe watch the Glory of Gothenburg video if I can be bothered to get the video player out, and I will probably spend the evening watching the DVD of the game, starting it at 7:45pm because I'm that sad.

I will maybe watch the Glory of Gothenburg video if I can be bothered to get the video player out, and I will probably spend the evening watching the DVD of the game, starting it at 7:45pm because I'm that sad.

I'll be trolleyed by then.

Think it'll be Team of the Decade for me, not watched it in ages.

Don't agree with that at all. The Lisbon Lions have get togethers/dinners every 5 years, it has been said that this will be the last set of events marking what was a remarkable achievement.  But then, even in times like this, celebrating the pinnacle of our football club, some folk are still miserable bastards.

Don't agree with that at all. The Lisbon Lions have get togethers/dinners every 5 years, it has been said that this will be the last set of events marking what was a remarkable achievement.  But then, even in times like this, celebrating the pinnacle of our football club, some folk are still miserable bastards.

I was at the Glory of Gothenberg dinner 5 years ago. It was really sad to see a former Don who played the full game that night, having recently split up with his missus and temporarily out of a (fitba) job. He looked like a wrecked man. Willie Miller's speech was just awful. The food was guff, and the killer, Charlie Allan was good crack. Honest.

Was not tempted to go this year and was pleased to hear this will be the last big commemoration event. Wouldn't mind one last one in 2033 though.

Ach it's nae often I'm a miserable cunt. :thumbsup:

It's just lost on me as I wasn't aware of it at the time.  When I heard about it, it was already history.  If I was the same age as some of you auld bastards on here  (;)) and had some proper memories of the day, I'd probably be more excited about it.

Ach it's nae often I'm a miserable cunt. :thumbsup:

It's just lost on me as I wasn't aware of it at the time.  When I heard about it, it was already history.  If I was the same age as some of you auld bastards on here  (;)) and had some proper memories of the day, I'd probably be more excited about it.

;)

It was 2 days shy of my 4th birthday, so I'm not that much older than yourself - the only things I remember from it is Hewitt scoring, Miller collecting the cup and my next door neighbour coming in before it to give me and my brother sweets to eat while watching the game - but regardless, a football club is nothing without it's history and that's the most important day of ours. What would Hearts/Hibs/Utd fans give to be celebrating the 25th anniv. on Sunday of their team beating Real Madrid in European final?

it'll also be exactly 17 years on Sunday since something else happened to us that changed the shape of our future massively. One date, two huge matches that have probably become the most talked about games within our support. Heaven and hell.

Guest swaddon

it'll also be exactly 17 years on Sunday since something else happened to us that changed the shape of our future massively. One date, two huge matches that have probably become the most talked about games within our support. Heaven and hell.

Did you have to bring that up?

Guest bloo_toon_red

It was 2 days shy of my 4th birthday

On a similar note, it was one day after my third, so this Sunday I'll be celebrating most likely with a couple of paracetemols and plenty of fluids as I get another year closer to 30.

Tommy that uses these boards was there as he likes to remind everyone about.  Also i know my uncle was there, i have a photo of him on the ferry leaving ABerdeen.

As for sunday, depending on what the weather is like i will either be outside or inside wishing i was born in the 70s.