Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

SoS article: When the world woke up to Fergie's heroes

Start a new topic then............  Not that hard is it?  :hammer:

I think everyone would have seen my Pulp Fitba from January by now, wherein my reasons are contained. Just wondered how vociferous defenders of our wonderful Milne can say the club is in decline, when staunchly defending the man in charge whenever anyone dares to question his motives and his record.

My opinions have been exhaustively documented and I've dealt with the abuse from the ostriches many times. Knock yersel oot. It's not too difficult is it?

Excellent reading although I can’t help thinking that McGee should be our manager rather than the large orange one.

"aggression all over the park, leaders all over the park…..." what we would do for some of that….. ;D

maybe it's just me and my bro but I couldn't be arsed reading that either.

They are all words I have read before in a different order of course but I just can't muster up the energy to read it or scan it for that matter. Any pictures? or perhaps someone could explain the whole thing in the form of mime.

If the article wiz sung by an obscure musician, with the music played on the ribs of a wildebeest*, wid it mak a difference tae ye?

*that's a deed wildebeest  ;)

He was a monumental tight arse, when did HE ever spend any of HIS money on the Dons? If he was around today, he'd be absolutely hammered for his tight-fistedness.

When has ANY Aberdeen Director/Board member spent their money on the club?

I've heard that Milne has spent his own cash, but that's never been substantiated, and I for one don't believe that for one second.  I'd like to see some evidence to support that highly dubious claim.

I well remember the board saying it would put 750,000 into the transfer fund, it never materialised.  Then there was talk of them putting 300,000 of their own cash into the transfer kitty, and that never materialised either.

The board is tremendous at saying they intend to do this or that, then nothing whatsoever happens.

Training Ground, never happened.

New Stadium, talking about it for as long as I can remember... well over a decade, and the most they've achieved is a drawing of what a new stadium looks like.

Youth Academy, never happened. In fact the production of young talent through the Pittodrie youth system has been a dead duck for years, with one or two very rare exceptions.

Links with African clubs to "Bring in the cream of young African talent". Laughed at at the time, and proven to be a joke.

Links with Egyptian clubs at the beginning of this season.  How's that working out for us?

Promise to fill the team with the best young Scottish players.  We'll, we've got Scottish players, but they're hardly 'the best'.

And so on and so forth....

Also, right after the Semi v QotS, Calderwood announced that his budget was going to be REDUCED.  I would have taken it that IF he had reached the final then his budget would have been INCREASED (possibly), but any budget would have remained static in the event of failure to progress to the final.  We were very clearly told that it would be reduced, not remain static.

The club has been in decline for years, and I don't believe that the ship has been steadied.  Our results on the park have improved under JC, but the team's performance (apart from this season) has little impact upon the increasing debt of the club, which continues to mount each year (apart from this season).

The ship got a little bail out this year with three very good cup runs and a top 6 finish... but the CLUB  still sinking under the weight of the debt. 

Let's not forget that.

When has ANY Aberdeen Director/Board member spent their money on the club?

I've heard that Milne has spent his own cash, but that's never been substantiated, and I for one don't believe that for one second.  I'd like to see some evidence to support that highly dubious claim.

I well remember the board saying it would put 750,000 into the transfer fund, it never materialised.  Then there was talk of them putting 300,000 of their own cash into the transfer kitty, and that never materialised either.

The board is tremendous at saying they intend to do this or that, then nothing whatsoever happens.

Training Ground, never happened.

New Stadium, talking about it for as long as I can remember... well over a decade, and the most they've achieved is a drawing of what a new stadium looks like.

Youth Academy, never happened. In fact the production of young talent through the Pittodrie youth system has been a dead duck for years, with one or two very rare exceptions.

Links with African clubs to "Bring in the cream of young African talent". Laughed at at the time, and proven to be a joke.

Links with Egyptian clubs at the beginning of this season.  How's that working out for us?

Promise to fill the team with the best young Scottish players.  We'll, we've got Scottish players, but they're hardly 'the best'.

And so on and so forth....

Also, right after the Semi v QotS, Calderwood announced that his budget was going to be REDUCED.  I would have taken it that IF he had reached the final then his budget would have been INCREASED (possibly), but any budget would have remained static in the event of failure to progress to the final.  We were very clearly told that it would be reduced, not remain static.

The club has been in decline for years, and I don't believe that the ship has been steadied.  Our results on the park have improved under JC, but the team's performance (apart from this season) has little impact upon the increasing debt of the club, which continues to mount each year (apart from this season).

The ship got a little bail out this year with three very good cup runs and a top 6 finish... but the CLUB  still sinking under the weight of the debt. 

Let's not forget that.

Can't argue with your points, but similarly, I've heard shite being spoken about how much money Milne has put in to the club, without seeing the evidence. He paid significantly less for his shares per share than he asked us to pay, raising millions for him to fucking squander.