The new Aberdeen Keeper?

Well possibly in a few years time  :thumbsup:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/tayside_and_central/7363689.stm

Goalie scores twice in one match

A schoolboy goalkeeper has turned to scoring goals as well as saving them - by hitting the back of the opposition's net twice in one match.

It is thought that Sean Fitzgerald, 11, could have made history during the match against Broughty United.

He kicked the ball from his end, then watched it bounce twice before going into the net at the other end. He then repeated his wonder shot.

The youngster plays for Carnoustie Panmure Boys Club Under-12s. He is also part of Aberdeen FC's Youth Development Academy.

Sean told the BBC Scotland news website how he managed to score his goals.

"My dad said to kick it up to the forwards, so I kicked it as far as I could," he said.

"With a bit of the wind it took a bounce over the strikers and then it took another huge bounce and bounced over the goalkeeper and into the back of the net.

"I was astonished at what I did. My dad was quite jealous, so I did the exact same thing again.

"I was just amazed at what I can achieve as a goalkeeper."

In a reversal of the norm, the strikers then had to run down the length of the pitch to jump on Sean's back and congratulate him.

The Burnside Primary School pupil is a Dundee United fan ( :hammer: ). His favourite player is Sean Dillon - because they have the same name and he feels Dillon is a great defender.

Father, Michael Fitzgerald, said he was "speechless" when his son scored the goals.

He said: "A cross between jubilation and a little bit of embarrassment.

"More embarrassed for the other goalkeeper, because goalkeepers aren't supposed to score from that far."

However the youngster is confident he can score even more goals.

He said: "I'd need to have a bit of the wind. We live beside the sea on the east coast so it's usually quite windy down here.

"So whenever I've got the wind behind me I'm going to always have another try to see if I can get another one of those goals."

_44594766_sean_fitzgerald_226170.jpg

An arab and pictured with Sally McMoist! .........as long he develops and is one of ours, who cares. Well done loon!