Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Postma wants to play for Aberdeen

Postma wants to play for Aberdeen

Published: 23/04/2008

DUTCH keeper Stefan Postma today pleaded for a chance to shine for Aberdeen.

Dons boss Jimmy Calderwood knows Postma will be a free agent this summer and has been linked with a move for him.

However, Calderwood claims to have another keeper in his sights but could still turn to Postma as an alternative.

The 31-year-old is out of contract at the end of the season when he will leave Dutch club Den Haag.

“I haven’t spoken to anyone at Aberdeen but have heard rumours they are meant to be interested,†said Postma.

“But I am keen to speak to them and moving to Scotland certainly appeals to me.

“Aberdeen have a wonderful history and some fantastic players from Holland have played for them.

“I’d love to be the next one.

“Jimmy Calderwood is a very highly rated coach in Holland so it would be great to work with him.â€

Postma enjoyed a four year stint in English football with Aston Villa and Wolverhampton Wanderers and is keen on a return to Britain.

He could even be reunited with former Utrecht team-mate Karim Touzani at Pittodrie.

However, he has already held preliminary talks with two Dutch clubs but wants move out of Holland.

He added: “Playing in the Premiership for Aston Villa was a great experience.

“I also thoroughly enjoyed my time at Wolves so feel I’d be suited for a move to Scotland.

“I also try to read about Scottish football as much as I can on the Internet and watch Sky Sports as well.

“But I’ll just have to wait for something to happen.â€

Calderwood has already been linked with several other players as he begins his search for fresh talent.

He’ll definitely need to bring in a keeper after clearing the way for Derek Soutar to leave at the end of the campaign.

Steve Lovell, Richie Byrne, Dave Bus, Barry Nicholson, Jonathan Smith, Dan Smith, Greg Kelly, Josh Walker and Sone Aluko are all also leaving.

Jackie McNamara has now severed ties with the Pittodrie club after failing to settle in the North-east.

In 2005, an English ex-girlfriend of Postma's offered for sale on eBay a tape of their sexual activities, claiming in tabloid articles that these were bizarre and kinky. Postma out-bid a British newspaper for the tape, and all was thought to be ended. However, in October 2006 the tape was released on a number of Dutch websites, one of which took 40,000 hits in one hour and as a result fell over. The clip later featured on Dutch national television, but was widely criticised due to its hard core content [4], where in an act of pegging, the footballer and his girlfriend are engaged in male-passive anal sex using a "strap-on".

I get it now  :thumbsup: