Jump to content

League Cup Season 2024/25


Recommended Posts

Draw takes place tomorrow (Wed 29th).

Take one from each pot, who do you fancy ?

I'll go for Livingston, Ayr (ten  minutes on the train for me), Kelty Hearts and East Kilbride (want to turn the rooster man over and get revenge for putting me through hell @ Darvel)

 

Pot 1 : Dundee - Aberdeen - Hibernian - Motherwell - St Johnstone - Ross County - Livingston - Dundee Utd.

Pot 2 : Raith - Partick - Airdrie - Morton - Dunfermline - Ayr - Queens Park - Inverness.

Pot 3 : Arbroath - Falkirk - Hamilton - Alloa - Montrose - Cove - Kelty Hearts - Queen of the South.

Pot 4 : Annan - Stirling - Edinburgh City - Stenhousemuir - Peterhead - Spartans - Dumbarton - East Fife.

Pot 5 : Forfar - Elgin - Bonnyrigg Rose - Clyde - Stranraer - East Kilbride - Buckie Thistle - Brechin City

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hate the thought of being in the group stages of this. Need to get back into Europe asap. 
 

Apparently teams from pot 2 and 4 would be played at home and 3 and 5 away. 
 

Not seen Aberdeen play Spartans, Edinburgh City, Kelty, Bonnyrigg or East Kilbride so any of them will do. Also not seen Aberdeen play at Cove so that would be decent as well. Would be interesting to see if we got to play at Meadowbank if we drew City as I know they really struggled to cope with Falkirk this year. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, BigAl said:

I'll go for Livingston.

We just got rid of them and their shite pitch. I’d happily never play them ever again.

Wouldn’t mind Dunfermline and Arbroath. Not fussed about the rest.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, STFU_Donny said:

We just got rid of them and their shite pitch. I’d happily never play them ever again.

Wouldn’t mind Dunfermline and Arbroath. Not fussed about the rest.

 

We can't play Livi.

Had a senile moment

My bad as we are both pot one. I inadvertently put them in pot two meaning we would be playing them at Pittodrie.

Will just wait for the draw now.😉

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, BigAl said:

We can't play Livi.

Had a senile moment

My bad as we are both pot one. I inadvertently put them in pot two meaning we would be playing them at Pittodrie.

Will just wait for the draw now.😉

 

That’s a relief! 
 

Hoping for Arbroath at Gayfield. The Steak and Black pies are great! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, STFU_Donny said:

That’s a relief! 
 

Hoping for Arbroath at Gayfield. The Steak and Black pies are great! 

Even in summer it can be freezing at that ground and not even the great steak and black pudding pie makes up for the frost bite. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, Jute said:

Even in summer it can be freezing at that ground and not even the great steak and black pudding pie makes up for the frost bite. 

I’ve only been once - last January when they played Motherwell in the cup. The first half was fine but midway through the second half it hit me. Fucking freezing. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, wokinginashearerwonderland said:

Bring on Dons, Caley, Cove, Peterhead and Buckie.  North East tour 🥳

Less likely now as the draw is no longer regionalised but that would be decent. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So Airdrie and Dumbarton @ Pittodrie

Queens and EK away

Assume the East Kilbride game will be switched to one of Motherwell, Hamilton or Airdrie grounds 🤔 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, BigAl said:

So Airdrie and Dumbarton @ Pittodrie

Queens and EK away

Assume the East Kilbride game will be switched to one of Motherwell, Hamilton or Airdrie grounds 🤔 

Sure they moved one of their cup games to Hamilton a while back.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

All four of our games in the section are either being shown live on Premier or are being streamed by Premier Sports.

Works for me as no chance of getting a ticket for the East Kilbride game despite being a deserving, loyal supporter of advanced years 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...