Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Celtic v Aberdeen

It's going like this:

Pass-pass-pass-hoof. Celtic knock it about until we intercept it, and then it's back to the pass-pass-pass-hoof.  Rivetting stuff.

ps cheers Slim.

Hmm, wish I could watch it meself, but my efforts have so far proved fruitless. Pm's would be greatfully received.

Just in from the game, decided last minute to go. Had to sit amongst the unwashed  :(  But We played quite well today. I have faith once more. Although I think Young should have been hooked at half time with Aluko coming on too late. I was write behind the severin shot and really had to bite my lip. So unlucky. Also, we really need to keep Miller. Get an intelligent striker alongside him, and we'll have no bother. The boys did well after last weeks shambles.

Stand Free  :thumbsup:

Just in from the game, decided last minute to go. Had to sit amongst the unwashed  :(  But We played quite well today. I have faith once more. Although I think Young should have been hooked at half time with Aluko coming on too late. I was write behind the severin shot and really had to bite my lip. So unlucky. Also, we really need to keep Miller. Get an intelligent striker alongside him, and we'll have no bother. The boys did well after last weeks shambles.

Stand Free  :thumbsup:

How many Aberdeen fans were there?

Cant believe anyone could be bothered to go after last week.

How many Aberdeen fans were there?

Cant believe anyone could be bothered to go after last week.

I'd say nothing more than 200. Very few indeed. But I was happy to be there. Just in the wrong end  :( I could have sworn they sung the simmy song as well. Only heard it go...who's that lying on the floor, looks like (i thought they said durrant) to me....

i heard 300 from some folk.

the commentating on that feed was enough for me head to the pub at half time!  Wonder what team those folk supported?

"There no way that was a foul in a million years" as nicholson was scythed down.

Aye, but do you mind Northsound's commentary.

McDiarmid: "And it's another disastrous goal for Dundee!"

Shinie: "There's no way we should be letting goals in against teams like this!"

Brines has admitted he made a mistake with our disallowed goal.

fat lot of good that does us.

DISALLOWED GOAL

Tuesday, 22 Apr 2008

Disallowed goals can often be contentious decisions that rely on split second judgement by the officials in charge of the match. Iain Brines made such a decision this weekend during the match between Celtic and Aberdeen when he ruled out a late goal by Diamond for handball. After reviewing the decision again on television, Iain Brines now concedes that this was an incorrect call.

Speaking today, Iain Brines said:

"In the final minute of the match, Aberdeen were attacking within the Celtic half of the field of play. The ball was on the left wing and was crossed into the packed Celtic penalty area. From the angle I had adopted I observed the Aberdeen player Diamond jump to meet the ball and I believed he used his hand to aid the ball's flight beyond him.

"Immediately I blew my whistle awarding a free-kick to Celtic. The majority of players reacted to the whistle by stopping - the exception being Diamond who placed the ball into the Celtic goal.

"On reflection and having had the opportunity to view the incident via television, I fully accept that I called this incident completely wrong. Having adopted the position I did, it didn't allow me to gain the best view of what happened during the incident. It is clear that the goal should not have been disallowed."

Commenting on the decision, Hugh Dallas of the Scottish FA Referee Development Department said:

"Refereeing a match requires our officials to rely on their judgement and positioning to make decisions as they see them within a split second. Sometimes errors are made and it is right to admit when you have made an incorrect call.

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/whistleblower.cfm?newsid=3894

"From the angle I had adopted I observed the Aberdeen player Diamond jump to meet the ball and I believed he used his hand to aid the ball's flight beyond him."

Well I believed in the Tooth Fairy and Santa Claus for a good few years and other people believe it's right to go blowing up buses and the London Underground.  Doesn't make it fucking right does it Iain?

Surely you have to see something actually happening or have one of the other officials see it before you can chop off a goal or send someone off?

Hugh Dallas said:

"Refereeing a match requires our officials to rely on their judgement and positioning to make decisions as they see them within a split second. Sometimes errors are made and it is right to admit when you have made an incorrect call.

Dallas certainly agrees.

There's nothing to stop a referee saying that he 'believed' anything happened and not being able to get away with it.

Fucking shocking.