Wednesday 1 May 2024:  kick-off 7.05pm

Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

31 minutes ago, Panda said:

Think Rico should apologise to anyone he talked out of betting on Hearts -1

Robson in his post-match interview is going to dine out on that first 30 minutes, but the following 60 was the same as the rest of the season.

Thankfully I had already stuck money on before he said that. Easy money. 

Hearts were shite today and not in the game today until VAR got involved. Like Wednesday neither were fouls. 

Like Wednesday Robsons subs cost us the game. Taking Barron off was the act of an incompetent buffoon much like it was on Wednesday. He should be sacked but won’t. 

As for the recruitment team they have 4 days to get in wingers. Suspect they won’t. 

2 hours ago, OxfordDon said:

Season is officially a dud.   On the plus side, Panda is now a tenner up.

I don’t see it that way. Go on a run like last year and fourth very realistic. Third is tough but you never know. Hearts have been shit of late, we should have taken them today, var fucked us.
the sooner we punt Robson the better. Today we showed we’re capable, Robson gets in the way. Doing more harm than good based on what we’ve seen this year. We’re not the kind of club that we can allow a rookie manager to make so many mistakes to learn and grow. 
get two wide players in, Campbell or baccus, and give a new guy the chance to salvage a season.

good cup run is also not unrealistic, rangers and Celtic aren’t world beaters this year. New guy, new energy, and salvage a season, much like last year.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, manc_don said:

We’re winning fuck all. Not with this clown in charge. You say the sooner we get rid the better, but that won’t happen until the end of the season at best I reckon. Maybe Bonnyrigg will do us a favour…

Dunno, the jungle drums are beating. 

Maybe the club feel better that a win over Dundee quietens the noise, but we then have the Old Firm back-to-back. 

Robson seems genuinely well liked by everyone at the club and that makes sacking him difficult. But surely even his biggest fan is baffled at some of the decisions.

I think he'll get the Dundee game, but we're one bad result/performance away from the end. And I think that's coming in the next three games.

5 minutes ago, Panda said:

Dunno, the jungle drums are beating. 

Maybe the club feel better that a win over Dundee quietens the noise, but we then have the Old Firm back-to-back. 

Robson seems genuinely well liked by everyone at the club and that makes sacking him difficult. But surely even his biggest fan is baffled at some of the decisions.

I think he'll get the Dundee game, but we're one bad result/performance away from the end. And I think that's coming in the next three games.

Perhaps, Dundee is no gimmie, we’ll lose both old firm games and we’re now three more games closer to the end of the season. I’d argue get a new guy in asap, the longer we wait the harder qualifying for Europe becomes. Money matters, it’s costing us keeping Robson, no Europe and recruitment becomes harder too.

49 minutes ago, OrlandoDon said:

Perhaps, Dundee is no gimmie, we’ll lose both old firm games and we’re now three more games closer to the end of the season. I’d argue get a new guy in asap, the longer we wait the harder qualifying for Europe becomes. Money matters, it’s costing us keeping Robson, no Europe and recruitment becomes harder too.

I agree with you. I don't see Robson lasting long term, and so you could say he's essentially back to being an interim boss.

But I'll be surprised if he's sacked before the Dundee game. Maybe the club will surprise me.

It's a shame, I like him and I wanted him to be given a chance. But he hasn't developed and I think he needs to go and do an Ian Murray, Duncan Ferguson and Scott Brown and take on a Championship job.

Everyone wanted to Robson to succeed but reality is it was always unlikely he would given turnover of players in the summer and number of games to negotiate. This season screamed out for an experienced manager to be brought in. That failures on the FMB. 

Robson however has not helped himself with his stubbornness over tactics and selection of players. We have been a brutal watch for most of the season which with the players we have should not be happening. We look a poorly coached team. To be on less points after 20 games than we were last season should be enough to see the FMB act but not convinced they will. 

• Like 1

I see there's chat from ABZ that the FMB were surprised the fans weren't happy with how the season had been thus far. What world are they living in? Failed in Europe, didn't show up for the LC, shite in the league and SC? remains to be seen.

54 minutes ago, manc_don said:

I see there's chat from ABZ that the FMB were surprised the fans weren't happy with how the season had been thus far. What world are they living in? Failed in Europe, didn't show up for the LC, shite in the league and SC? remains to be seen.

If the fmb had been honest with supporters, told us that they were giving a young manager a chance to learn improve and asked the fans for a bit of patience. Perhaps if they'd said that this season would be largely a free hit to bed in some players and a system, because the turnover in the past few windows has meant an imbalanced squad with a lottery in the window that would likely result in a squad a little below par. If they'd said that they wanted to design a structure around inexperienced managers with a strong background team that would hold that manager to account, whilst giving him a sounding board for advice. 

They didn't say, or do, any of those things. They got us an inexperienced manager and asked him to do the role of an experienced manager in a season that saw us have our largest number of fixtures in a long time. The fmb should be aware that the fans aren't happy with the fmb.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, manc_don said:

Five wins out of the last nine - including beating Frankfurt. Not long ago been in a cup final, and a favourable draw that presents a good chance of a Scottish Cup quarter-final.

Last team to beat Rangers at Ibrox too.

The FMB are more likely to give Robson a new contract than sack him.