Wednesday 1 May 2024:  kick-off 7.05pm

Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Dons vs well

Another game we need to win. Not playing against Dundee was a complete pain the arse, let alone a financial hit for the fans. There is a bit of a gap developing between us and the others above us. The volume of games means we’ll need to start using the squad more but intrigued to see how we do that. Their form is pretty poor, albeit they have a lot of draws of late.

out

bed

travelling

travelling

1-0 dons, miovski

No wins in 15 for Motherwell so this is definitely one we should be looking to win comfortably especially at home. Not going to bother saying we should switch away from the 5 at the back as we know Robson won’t. Hopefully McKenzie is ready to start as not convinced at all by McGarry. Be interesting to see if Barron is picked again or if the days off will see Shinnie back in. Out again as work ruling out mid week games for the foreseeable. 

oot

work

hopefully finished in time to watch stream. 

flat

3-0 Miovski Sokler and McGrath. 

37 minutes ago, Slim said:

Wouldn’t be surprised if the game was called off with a yellow weather warning in effect.

Think it's supposed to be fine by mid afternoon, but just took a drive to stonehaven and the roads are wild due to the wind. Don't know what it's like further south, but it'll certainly be a rocky trip up from weegieland. 

1 hour ago, Panda said:

Let's go 4-3-3 and go at them tonight.

IMG_5133.thumb.jpeg.bbf5242138471fa2925302c487faf1f5.jpeg

There's a part of me hopes Barron leaves in January in order to prevent you from continually suggesting playing him alongside Clarkson. In fact, I think you're lineup ideas should be subject to a restraining order.

You could quite easily have thrown those 11 players into a 4-2-3-1 too, albeit with McGrath in an unfamiliar position, but you have to take it too far.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, RicoS321 said:

There's a part of me hopes Barron leaves in January in order to prevent you from continually suggesting playing him alongside Clarkson. In fact, I think you're lineup ideas should be subject to a restraining order.

You could quite easily have thrown those 11 players into a 4-2-3-1 too, albeit with McGrath in an unfamiliar position, but you have to take it too far.

It's actually a 4-1-2-2-1 if you want to get really into it.

Paying homage somewhat to Xabi Alonso's 5-2-2-1 / 3-4-3 at Bayer Leverkusen, but tweaked because we don't have Jeremie Frimpong, and because I demand Clarkson, Shinnie and Barron all play together.

Merry Christmas.

6 minutes ago, Jute said:

Right decision to call it off but now leaves us with 4 games to fit in between 19th July and 13th April. International break also takes away potential match dates. Wonder if we could get some of clubs to play in the winter break. 

We won't need to if they're extending the season for us.