Wednesday 1 May 2024:  kick-off 7.05pm

Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

I’m laces to eat in Aberdeen

Madbadteacher

A thread about Radars appeared on my FB today. Great place to eat as a student in the 1980’s.

Got me thinking, there was a place on Schoolhill, probably in the late 1980’s or 90’s that I used to love getting a burger in, either chili or barbecue. Anyone else recall this?

Right hand side going uphill from George St. Can’t remember what it was called, anyone’s able to help?

19 hours ago, Madbadteacher said:

A thread about Radars appeared on my FB today. Great place to eat as a student in the 1980’s.

Got me thinking, there was a place on Schoolhill, probably in the late 1980’s or 90’s that I used to love getting a burger in, either chili or barbecue. Anyone else recall this?

Right hand side going uphill from George St. Can’t remember what it was called, anyone’s able to help?

I mind Radars being on the right hand side going up Schoolhill. Sure it was next door to Rickson's Hair Salon back in the day.

Was the place you're thinking of further up on the right hand side by any chance or is my memory more pickled than I thought mate, after all we're talking 40 plus years ago 🤣

9 hours ago, BigAl said:

Unless I am mistaken there has been two locations for Radars, Schoolhill and Belmont St, but then again I left Aberdeen in 1982 to carry out missionary work.

Yep, that's right. Thank god for your missionary work, the world is a much safer place these days.

35 minutes ago, Slim said:

You thinking of Littlejohns? Early 90’s would fit for that. 

On the left if you're going from art gallery to marischal college. I assumed "going uphill form George Street" meant that direction. Given that the end of George Street is the bon accord centre, it's kind of in a dip, so uphill could refer to marischal college direction or art gallery direction. We'll let @Madbadteacher off for his inconcise description, given his last memories were of radars, which closed about thirty years ago. 

8 hours ago, RicoS321 said:

Yep, that's right. Thank god for your missionary work, the world is a much safer place these days.

On the left if you're going from art gallery to marischal college. I assumed "going uphill form George Street" meant that direction. Given that the end of George Street is the bon accord centre, it's kind of in a dip, so uphill could refer to marischal college direction or art gallery direction. We'll let @Madbadteacher off for his inconcise description, given his last memories were of radars, which closed about thirty years ago. 

If you go from George St to Marishal College that’s Upperkirkgate, no inconsistency here.

Edited by Madbadteacher
To add

1 hour ago, Madbadteacher said:

If you go from George St to Marishal College that’s Upperkirkgate, no inconsistency here.

Very true. The inconsistency only occurs when you don't mention upper kirkgate or marischal college. So we've ruled out littlejohns then as it was right hand side going uphill from Dode st in the other direction. Are we talking pre bon accord centre? On the right hand side going uphill from back wynd you have St Nicholas Kirk, then st Nicholas centre then the car park and the toilets. There wasn't much else prior to the new buildings from memory. St Nicholas was 1985, I don't remember what was there before either. Unless you were eating in Dixon's?