Wednesday 1 May 2024:  kick-off 7.05pm

Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Well vs Dons

Given our current form, I’m not overly confident for this one. He league table makers for frustrating viewing after yet another failure to capitalise on anything around us. Something needs to change and it’s certainly linked to the excuses that keep getting pedalled by the man in charge. He more than us needs a result of some sort over the next week. I know Robson mentioned he should have rotated the team, guess it may come now.

surely we don’t see Duk. It just isn’t happening for him this season for one reason or another. Will we ever see sokler given any real mins? 

out

bed

work

work

3-1 them, miovski

Would rather stick pins in my eyes.

A big fat 

OUT

Have bought and paid for Hampden on Saturday so will go to that although already I'm thinking along the lines of what I'd be better doing

Have absolutely zero belief that Robson and Agnew are up to the task in hand.

Goes without saying I hope I'm proved wrong

Have to hope Robson has learned from Sunday and the hoofball is dropped from our tactical plan. From his comments about freshening things up post match I expect there to be changes to the line up. What they will be only Robson knows. Can’t see him moving away from 3-5-2 though. Motherwell are on a poor run and have not won in their last 5 matches. They will be looking at us a way of ending that run. 

Too busy with work is the excuse I am putting up for not going but really it’s because I just don’t want to pay money to watch us just now. 

oot

work

flat

work

1-0 Miovski 

Clinging to the hope that Robson has the lightbulb moment that turns his and our season round(and because I cant be arsed with another managerial faff). Going against the grain,I think Robson is intelligent,so scratching my head at why were in the pickle we are. Thought if we could stumble along to the January window,we might be able to fill a few of the remaining gaps,but theres a hints of a rapid nosedive before then,unless he's able to do something with what he's got. 

Oot

Prediction - Robbos rampant Reds to run riot.  0 - 5   Williams x3,Gueuye,Rubezic bullet 🥃🥃 💉😵‍💫

Edited by Elgindon

It's not that far for me and usually I'd happily take the boys up. However nothing points towards a decent performance coming.

It's cold, there's another storm due and I could use the cash to buy tickets for December activities. 

If the wee one guilts me into it and we are pish again I'll be raging.

15 hours ago, Jute said:

Have to hope Robson has learned from Sunday, PAOK, St Johnstone, Helsinki, the first half at Ibrox, the abomination that was Hearts, and St Mirren, and the hoofball is dropped from our tactical plan.

FIFY

Surely the penny will drop eventually. If not, I fear Robson is broken and needs sent away and returned in 7-10 days with new parts.

I want the return of the version of Robson that took over in February.

Interim Robson > permanent Robson.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Panda said:

FIFY

Surely the penny will drop eventually. If not, I fear Robson is broken and needs sent away and returned in 7-10 days with new parts.

I want the return of the version of Robson that took over in February.

Interim Robson > permanent Robson.

It was always thus. Quite sure this was a reason why we were all nervous about him getting the gig permanently.

Turned on a bit late, but in plenty of time to see the goal. Great ball in from Devlin. Well done McGrath. Deserved. Clarkson passing look good and the setup looks better. Basically going with the proven successful 5-4-1, but pushing the two wide players forward into a 3-4-2-1 it looks like (much like Scotland often play). It's a good solid setup and brings out the best of McGrath and Polvara. 

1 minute ago, RicoS321 said:

Turned on a bit late, but in plenty of time to see the goal. Great ball in from Devlin. Well done McGrath. Deserved. Clarkson passing look good and the setup looks better. Basically going with the proven successful 5-4-1, but pushing the two wide players forward into a 3-4-2-1 it looks like (much like Scotland often play). It's a good solid setup and brings out the best of McGrath and Polvara. 

I agree with this, it seems a better formation for us at the moment but makes a mockery of the money spent on strikers. 

9 minutes ago, Kowalski said:

I agree with this, it seems a better formation for us at the moment but makes a mockery of the money spent on strikers. 

That's okay though. Buying the strikers made complete sense given we generally play a two. The fact that they've turned out to be not good enough is part of the lottery of the transfer market (although I would say that the lack of variety in those strikers is poor). The worst thing we've done this season is to try and play Duk into form. 

Fantastic second goal from Dons legend Nicky Devlin. He's ace. Such a no brainer of a signing and already had more assists and goals than McRorie last season. 

Great half. Miovski, McKenzie, Shinnie, Clarkson, McGrath and Devlin been good, with no poor performers. We're first to every ball and passing it on the actual playing surface. 

Motherwell look gash. The ref has let the game flow.

• Like 1