Wednesday 1 May 2024:  kick-off 7.05pm

Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Dons vs Saints

Well after the disappointment (again) of a euro home fixture, have to pick ourselves up for bottom of the side st. Johnstone. If we set up a la Ross county, we should be fine, but I’d like to close this game out early. They haven’t really done much this season, but it has a banana skin feel to it. Would be a shame to not build on the positivity, but suspect rotation will be key here. Hopefully Robson makes the right calls and changes it early if he needs to.

out

bed

bed

bed

1-0 dons, Barron

Tend to agree this may be the game to rest shinnie. Barron clarkson and McGrath is a little lightweight, and while polvara is bigger he’s not got the battling qualities. When we getting introduced to or dadia? I’d even consider Hayes in there for an hour then bring on fresh legs.

3-1 - miovski sokler and ruby!

1 hour ago, Elgindon said:

Game could become doubtful.Most reports saying pishing rain right up till kickoff the morn

Has pittodrie ever had a game cancelled due to rain? Storms maybe, and snow/ice obviously, but I can't remember a rain cancellation. Usually pretty good for drainage. 

3 hours ago, RicoS321 said:

Has pittodrie ever had a game cancelled due to rain? Storms maybe, and snow/ice obviously, but I can't remember a rain cancellation. Usually pretty good for drainage. 

I only one that came close to being called off that I can think of was game against Huns where McCoist “accidentally” kicked Theo’s head in. That was torrential for hours but after inspection from the ref was played but it must have been close. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kowalski said:

Weather has been abysmal. Hope it’s on but they’ll surely have needed to have some covers down on the pitch. 

Been a lot of chat about this online over the last day. Sounds like there  have been very few games that have been called off due to rain? Hoping the drainage holds. With a chocka fixture list, we don’t want to add to it at an inconvenient time.

1 hour ago, wokinginashearerwonderland said:

He’s away to get two weeks off, the next game is not until 21 October. 

Aye, in conditions like these you need folk that are piling in to the challenges. It's what the spectators come to see. Not Clarkson fairying around with his fancy passing.

2 hours ago, wokinginashearerwonderland said:

He’s away to get two weeks off, the next game is not until 21 October. 

Very true, didn’t consider that! Doesn’t mean he won’t tire, especially with heavy ground today.
win and assuming the Huns go on and win we’re 4 points off third. If we can be third or fourth by Xmas and ideally fix the squad/midfield in that window we certainly cannot complain. Hopefully that’s our bad run out the way and we maintain consistency as we appear to have found.

Team as expected. MacKenzie/Hayes and Clarkson/Barron were the two midweek subs around the hour mark, and Robson has now started with that side.

You don't want to make too many changes when you're on a decent run and you've got an international break to rest a few players anyway.

Edited by Panda

Team pretty much as I would have gone with although would probably have considered switching Duk for Sokler. St Johnstone have looked pretty rotten in highlights I have watched and this should be a game we are putting away with the minimum of fuss. 

oot

flat

stream

flat

3-0 Miovski, Jensen & Duk

Interesting to see vinnie there. He offers something different, width higher up the field that nobody else can do (Hayes did but the pace isn’t there any more.) Not a bad option to have, provided he’s not expected to be a wing back. Do not like seeing others shoehorned wide.

happy with Barron in, clarkson is off form, Barron has been a positive this season. still shooting for 3-1, although in all honestly would prefer a win and a shutout, need to be defensively solid and consistent.

16 minutes ago, OrlandoDon said:

I don’t know the rules….looked in line to me??

They said he was leaning offside on commentary but not convinced. Poor first half overall. Lack of width in first half an issue. Would have liked us to go to 4 at back and brought on Duncan or Besuijen.