Wednesday 15th May 2024:  kick-off 7.45pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Livingston

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

(League Cup) County v Dons

Being 4-0 up on aggregate from the first leg we can send the kids up to this one...

In all seriousness I have the fear for Wednesday. As well as we played on Sunday, 4-0 flattered us and County had plenty of chances of their own. But a repeat performance should hopefully see us through to another Hampden semi.

I imagine it'll be the same side but someone (Hayes most likely) replacing McGarry. He might freshen it up a little with Clarkson in for McGrath, and Polvara back in for someone.

I'm gonna say 1-2 Aberdeen after extra-time. A nervy night.

Our record there is more in our favour than not, of the last five, we’ve won two and drawn two. Relatively close affairs so I think your guess is probably pretty close. I can see him sticking as close to that starting XI as possible. But it’s been nice seeing him make changes early. Definitely not the McInnes school of thought.

2-1 dons, AET, miovski and sokler

I've come to the conclusion Robson's hesitancy to make subs prior was due more to do with what he had available on the bench.  Fully expect a bit more rotation for Wednesday but feeling fairly good about that given what we have available to come in.  Polvara starting against county is a probable for me, he was likely in Robsons thoughts to bring on on Sunday but then mcgarry got injured.  Any word on how he's doing btw? 

Defo a tricky place to go and I hoping we get through it without any more injuries.  County are not scared to get their hatchet man on and at home will likely be more aggressive.  Possibly a night for one of Sokler or Gueye to come in for Miovski maybe?  I know it's a bold move given recent form but we need to be giving these boys a chance at some point. Also we have to go to Mordor on Saturday and I defo want bojan fully fit for that one.

I defo think we will win and I think we will do it in the 90.  Reckon it could be quite a fun cup tie 2bh.  3-1 dons, no idea on scorer cos no idea who will start up top.  

We are in no situation to consider squad rotation. Until we have consistent form and rhythm we only rotate if players are off form or injured. No clue what to expect from this game, although positive is that we’ve played two decent games in a row. Cup game is still a one off, hope we show up.

mackenzie in for mcgarry and same other 10. Hayes and clarkson to provide the spark off the bench, plus I hope duk has turned the corner.

1-0 us, miovski.

11 hours ago, OrlandoDon said:

We are in no situation to consider squad rotation. Until we have consistent form and rhythm we only rotate if players are off form or injured. No clue what to expect from this game, although positive is that we’ve played two decent games in a row. Cup game is still a one off, hope we show up.

mackenzie in for mcgarry and same other 10. Hayes and clarkson to provide the spark off the bench, plus I hope duk has turned the corner.

1-0 us, miovski.

What a load of nonsense, Robson rotated for the county game on Sunday and that worked out just fine. We might have lost against Frankfurt but it was a good performance and no-one would have batted an eye if he made no changes against county. 

3 hours ago, tlg1903 said:

What a load of nonsense, Robson rotated for the county game on Sunday and that worked out just fine. We might have lost against Frankfurt but it was a good performance and no-one would have batted an eye if he made no changes against county. 

Did he rotate? Or did he just drop Clarkson and McKenzie for a mix of poor performance and tactics? I'd have said it was the latter. I'd be inclined to keep the same team with Hayes (if fit) in for McGarry. I guess that could be classed as rotation, but it's not really. I'd say that changing out three or four players for non tactical reasons would be rotation. Say Sokler and Gueye starting. I'd agree with OD, that that level of change would be undesirable.

1 hour ago, wokinginashearerwonderland said:

The modern day fitba player can easily manage two games in a week.

They can, and I agree with the overall point. However, they can't manage two games a week for half a season with European travel too, and we'll likely see injuries if we try to. It's probably always a question of identifying the positions that do less running (centre backs, fullbacks in a flat five like we played against Frankfurt and perhaps might against the Hun and the number ten are probably the lightest load) and the positions where the cover is not a huge drop off in level (or a well protected position). It'll also be a case of perhaps restricting minutes too. I'd say Hayes could come in tomorrow with a view to playing McKenzie at the weekend. Controversially, I think we could take Duncan in for McGrath with little drop off too (I really think he'll suit playing behind the strikers). Clarkson for Duncan if things aren't going well at halftime. If things are going well then look to swap Polvara for Barron and Sokler for Miovski on sixty minutes, with Gueye for Duk a bit later (to give Sokler the chance to play with Duk). I'd say that Clarkson, McGrath, Hayes are probably players that you want to be cautious with and that our squad allows us to be. I think the rest of the squad are too big a drop off to risk in a cup game.

56 minutes ago, Panda said:

If we're going to rest players then do it at Ibrox. Sacrilege I know, but County in the cup and Helsinki in Europe are more important.

Ooft, controversial! I'm not sure our confidence is at such a sufficient level to do that just yet. As much as it makes sense.

13 hours ago, tlg1903 said:

Not nonsense at all, we cannot afford to juggle and rotate, we need to find form and that means playing together. One or two changes is not squad rotation. As mentioned already, if it ain’t broke roll it back out. Especially when it went well against the same opponent we play tomorrow.

7 hours ago, Panda said:

If we're going to rest players then do it at Ibrox. Sacrilege I know, but County in the cup and Helsinki in Europe are more important.

Why is Helsinki important? I don't disagree about the Hun, but our European games are basically a free hit against teams that are probably better than us. I'd say that staying in the race for third is as important than the cash for a win in Europe. 

Meant to get a bit wild and wet down here but looking ok (but wet) in Dingwall.

Weve a decent record up there,assume McKay will make changes for this game,and hopefully Robson has made some preps for what he might do.We should be too strong/confident after Saturday you'd hope

Oot -  3 - 1 Dons      Duk hattrick