Sunday 12 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Hibernian v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Eredivisie

Panda

https://www.espn.co.uk/football/story/_/id/38478635/ajax-feyenoord-abandoned-fans-throw-flares-field?platform=amp

Ajax-Feyenoord abandoned after the home support take umbrage to being 3-0 down.

I actually considered missing my flight home on Friday from Frankfurt, and instead getting a train to Amsterdam and going to this. In the end the price of last minute trains & hotels was extortionate. Gutted I missed it, love a good meltdown.

I was lucky enough to be at Feyenoord v Celtic on Tuesday before going to Frankfurt. 

Genuinely one of the best atmospheres I've ever heard. Some place De Kuip.

We got there two and a half hours before kick-off and already there were big queues at all the turnstiles. Then 90 minutes before kick-off the stadium was full, the DJ playing all these dance tunes on the tannoy with everyone in the stadium bouncing along to them.

During the game, any time the Celtic fans started chanting, the whole stadium just drowned them out. Even during half-time it didn't stop.

Will definitely be back for another game.

• 1 month later...
On 27/10/2023 at 13:41, Panda said:

Ajax now second bottom of the league with just one win. 

A lot of Ajax fans also not happy with Jay Gorter (remember him?), who is now injured, but has been their goalkeeper for most of the season after their first choice was injured.

Funny really, I didn’t even remember him leaving. Was unlucky imo, but seemed decent enough. Maybe we were his level? Wild the start of the season Ajax have had though, did not see that coming.

• 5 months later...

Feyenoord winning 6-0 not really doing them much good as they are still 9 points behind PSV. 

Ajax are currently 6th 7 points behind the last of the European places which is currently filled by AZ. Cannot remember last time Ajax were not in Europe. 

33 minutes ago, manc_don said:

Really has been a terrible season for Ajax.

Looks like the last time they failed to qualify for Europe was 90/91 season?

Thought it had to be something like that. 

1 hour ago, manc_don said:

Really has been a terrible season for Ajax.

Looks like the last time they failed to qualify for Europe was 90/91 season?

Well that's our glamour pre-season friendly sorted.

The 1983 v 1987 ECWC winners. There's not a stadium big enough to host that fixture.