Sunday 12 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Hibernian v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

League Cup 23/24

Away to Stirling Albion. They pumped St Johnstone 5-0 on Saturday so must have something about them, need to be wary but a tie we should be looking to sail through.

Can't find Utd's tie listed anywhere, I'm sure the draw will be updated soon 😇

To be played the weekend of the 19th/20th.

Edited by wee toon red

Game with Stirling to be on a Friday night, but not on TV.

It's because Stirling Uni playing Gartcairn on the Saturday and they use Forthbank. Other choice was Sunday but Alan Burrows has explained on Twitter that gave Aberdeen less time to prepare for the EL play-off. 

Full fixtures (note it appears Hearts and Hibs both at home at the same time).

Friday August 18

Stirling Albion v Aberdeen (7.45pm)

Saturday August 19

Airdrieonians v Ross County (3.00pm)

Livingston v Ayr United (3.00pm)

Rangers v Greenock Morton (Live on Viaplay, 12.30pm)

St Mirren v Motherwell (3.00pm)

Sunday August 20

Hibernian v Raith Rovers (2.00pm)

Heart of Midlothian v Partick Thistle (2.00pm)

Kilmarnock v Celtic (Live on Viaplay, 3.00pm)

3 hours ago, Panda said:

Game with Stirling to be on a Friday night, but not on TV.

It's because Stirling Uni playing Gartcairn on the Saturday and they use Forthbank. Other choice was Sunday but Alan Burrows has explained on Twitter that gave Aberdeen less time to prepare for the EL play-off. 

Facebook morons are going into meltdown, blaming SFA for the Friday night time without being on TV. I'm glad DT is here to keep me sane and tell us how it is

13 hours ago, Reekie_Red said:

Facebook morons are going into meltdown, blaming SFA for the Friday night time without being on TV. I'm glad DT is here to keep me sane and tell us how it is

It's also Stirling Highland Games next to the stadium that day and Stirling had asked for and been given an away league tie as the council don't want them playing at home while the highland games are on. I'm assuming they must draw a much larger crowd even for a league game than the uni does.

• 2 weeks later...

Are we doing a separate match thread for Stirling or just extending this one?

It's a good fixture to have because we'll likely have McGarry making his debut and McDonald, and possibly Williams, getting minutes after injury.  So good to have them doing it here rather than away to (likely) Hacken.

That said, be harsh to drop Duncan after a promising showing v Celtic. But I guess with two games a week coming up there'll be plenty of game time for everyone. Would like McGarry and McDonald to get 45 minutes at least in what is essentially a second pre-season for them.

9 hours ago, Panda said:

Are we doing a separate match thread for Stirling or just extending this one?

It's a good fixture to have because we'll likely have McGarry making his debut and McDonald, and possibly Williams, getting minutes after injury.  So good to have them doing it here rather than away to (likely) Hacken.

That said, be harsh to drop Duncan after a promising showing v Celtic. But I guess with two games a week coming up there'll be plenty of game time for everyone. Would like McGarry and McDonald to get 45 minutes at least in what is essentially a second pre-season for them.

Was going to start a new thread in all honesty, but actually quite like the simplicity of it, so quite happy to keep this one unless there's a desire for it's own separate thread?

12 minutes ago, manc_don said:

Was going to start a new thread in all honesty, but actually quite like the simplicity of it, so quite happy to keep this one unless there's a desire for it's own separate thread?

So now that we're a big European team we start disrespecting the league cup? The equivalent of putting out a second string team in my opinion.

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, manc_don said:

Shame, probably would have been the perfect time to test him, but that does make sense. Last thing we'd need is for him to pick up a knock by being thrown in too quickly.

Maybes ayes, maybes naws.  We are going to need to be on our toes against Stirling I think.  Also it shows him he has to fight for his place.  Robson basically said its not worth risking the injury. 

If MacDonald is back in it will be interesting to see which fb will be moving out of the three.  You would think Devlin as Mackenzie is doing well and left footed but Robson does seem to like Morris and I'm not sure he wants to drop him in a game where he could get on the ball plenty. 

Would expect a couple of changes tonight with maybe Sokler and Dadia getting a run maybe even Besuijen. As long as we approach this in a professional manner we should get through.

In

Lift through

Away stand

Lift back to Capital.

3-0 Sokler, Clarkson and Duk

Spare ticket for tonight if anyone is looking for one.