Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

STILL HURTING

Its now Tuesday morning and I am still hurting like a bastard from Saturdays result, I take it everyone is feeling the same ?

Luckily I am on holiday from work and don't have to suffer the abuse from all the huns & tims at my work.

Is it not now the time for the board to get their fingers out of their arses and make a determined effort to get Nicholson, Miller & Maybury signed up as soon as possible also with some signs/promises of some decent influential/positive summer signings. All we get is Jimmy moaning about what this cup defeat has done to his signing budget.  Fuck That !  C'mon Wiggy you owe it to the fans by way of an apology, fork out with some cash and try and make it up to us !  Surely the loss of a good few more fans of the attendance will be more costly in the long run ! and if you really are an Aberdeen fan too, then surely you want to see your club do better than this !

I may be in the minority here, and going by a lot of the posts on here I think this is very much the case, but I wasn't even angry on Saturday, so by now it has completely faded away to a vague memory.

At the time, I couldn't believe what I was watching, but I think reality kicked in during the game. The side that was out there on the park had a lot of weaknesses all over the park, and I think getting to the final and qualifying for Europe would have been heavy duty papering over cracks.

This result should have started alarm bells ringing about the work that needs done over the summer, and the coming seasons to save what, not that long ago, was looking like a decent side - and that might not have happened had we won.

I was disappointed with the result, yes, and perhaps not having people take the piss about it has helped, but there is no point dwelling on it. There have been doubts over the quality of the team for months, Saturday simply confirmed it for me. Work needs to be done, and it needs to be done now.

Nicholson, Miller and Maybury were part of the team that most people are slating for their performance on Saturday (and recently in general). Why do you want them to sign?

God AFC fans are fickle.

I agree with chunk too. Yeah I was disappointed, I'd have loved a final, but I wouldn't have loved getting pumped 5-0 by Rangers unless we somehow made an effort for the first time in 5 months. People are taking this way too seriously in my opinion, it's not our worst result ever. If this happened in the first round, aye, maybe, but it was a semi final where effort and desire is more important than skill, they wanted it more, simple. We got beaten 4-3, not 4-0, 2-0, 7-0. It was close, they scored and we came back 3 times, given we're not prolific goalscorers that's quite good. At least we didn't completely crumble after the first goal and did try to fight back.

Someone keeps trying to tell me it was worse than the CIS semi. Well, no I don't think it was. That team didn't even try to fight back, just sat back and accepted it. Might not feel like we did on Saturday but the goals suggest otherwise.

I may have to avoid reading posts about the game for a while...I can't imagine what Hat is like just now.

And if we got back into Europe there's no guarantee we'd qualify for the groups again, we'd probably get pumped by some Latvian team and then we'd be back where we are now.

People are taking this way too seriously in my opinion, it's not our worst result ever. If this happened in the first round, aye, maybe, but it was a semi final where effort and desire is more important than skill, they wanted it more, simple. We got beaten 4-3, not 4-0, 2-0, 7-0. It was close, they scored and we came back 3 times, given we're not prolific goalscorers that's quite good. At least we didn't completely crumble after the first goal and did try to fight back.

Sorry Sneckie but I disagree. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion of course, but at the end of the day Queen of The South are a 1st Division team who have only gone full time this season, and in a Cup Semi Final which is being shown live accross the nation,with the carrot of a European place being dangled, if the players in a professional team like Aberdeen can not raise their game and use their superior skill & fitness to beat such a team then we have very serious problems which need to be sorted as a matter of urgency !

Sorry Sneckie but I disagree. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion of course, but at the end of the day Queen of The South are a 1st Division team who have only gone full time this season, and in a Cup Semi Final which is being shown live accross the nation,with the carrot of a European place being dangled, if the players in a professional team like Aberdeen can not raise their game and use their superior skill & fitness to beat such a team then we have very serious problems which need to be sorted as a matter of urgency !

Agreed.

It wasn't only the result that bothered me, it was the performance and effort put in.

If you can't get motivated when you have a chance of Europe next season and a cup final at your national stadium then you shouldn't be making a living from it.

1 Rangers 30 49 75

2 Celtic 32 51 71

3 Motherwell 32 3 52

4 Dundee Utd 33 10 50

5 Hibernian 33 9 50

6 Aberdeen 33 -10 44

7 Falkirk 33 -4 42

8 Hearts 33 -6 42

9 Inverness CT 33 -17 36

10 Kilmarnock 33 -12 33

11 St Mirren 32 -26 33

12 Gretna 33 -47 7

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 Hamilton 34 33 72

2 Dundee 34 29 68

3 St Johnstone 34 14 55

4 Dunfermline 34 -6 48

5 Queen of South 33 4 46

6 Partick 33 7 45

7 Livingston 34 -10 36

8 Clyde 34 -20 34

9 Morton 34 -24 31

10 Stirling 34 -29 21

QOS are 11 league places behind us, this is not the worst result ever although it did feel like it at the time.  If Rangers had been put out of the cup by Gretna it would have been an upset and the huns would have been pissed off, but it certainly wouldn't have been the worst result in their horrible history.

It's a sore one, but we get over it and move on to next season.  I agree with DON 71 in as much that the alarm bells should be ringing in the Board room.  The squad needs some quality additions, and that means loosening the purse strings a bit.

I get up and all I can think of Saturday, walking to the bus all I can think of is saturday, on the bus all I can think of is saturday, get to work try and review a paper - and all I can think of is Saturday.

This just wont go away.

Sneckie luckily for you, you have something far more important coming up which is drawing your attention away, get off DT and study more  :thumbsup:

Guest ally s

Saturday is still very fresh in my mind.  The pain is still very much there and it's not fading in the slightest. I suspect I'll still be feeling down by the end of the season.

I get up and all I can think of Saturday, walking to the bus all I can think of is saturday, on the bus all I can think of is saturday, get to work try and review a paper - and all I can think of is Saturday.

This just wont go away.

Sneckie luckily for you, you have something far more important coming up which is drawing your attention away, get off DT and study more  :thumbsup:

Oh yes, I just can't wait until Friday. ::)

You're all drama queens you know.

Guest Caroline B

Life's a bitch sometimes aint it?

It's done and dusted now. Lets see what the club (board, manager and players) do about it.

Meanwhile, there are 5 matches to go, a European Championships to watch and holidays to go on. Life.....goes on.  ;D

All this hurting nonsense smacks of melodrama and oneupmanship to me.

It's a bit like the hangover thread, everyone trying to prove something about how drunk they were.

It's now officially Tuesday and time to dry your eyes. 

Well said that man...

Nicholson, Miller and Maybury were part of the team that most people are slating for their performance on Saturday (and recently in general). Why do you want them to sign?

God AFC fans are fickle.

Bollocks. You're believing the press a bit much there.  Most folk have said that the only players to come out with any credit on Sat are Miller and Nicholson.  Aberdeen fans aren't fickle (well certainly no more than any other set of fans).  Good performances are acknowledged, poor ones criticised.  Repeated poor performances will always attract abuse, the odd good one may deflect that for a while but it's hardly as if seve, soutar, maguire, mackie etc etc have sudenly become targets for the boo boys.

I agree with chunk too. Yeah I was disappointed, I'd have loved a final, but I wouldn't have loved getting pumped 5-0 by Rangers unless we somehow made an effort for the first time in 5 months. People are taking this way too seriously in my opinion, it's not our worst result ever. If this happened in the first round, aye, maybe, but it was a semi final where effort and desire is more important than skill, they wanted it more, simple. We got beaten 4-3, not 4-0, 2-0, 7-0. It was close, they scored and we came back 3 times, given we're not prolific goalscorers that's quite good. At least we didn't completely crumbleafter the first goal and did try to fight back.

Nonsense!

It was precisely BECAUSE it was a semi that it hurts so much.  Atleast if we had got to a final we would have had a chance, no matter how slim, of winning the bloody thing.  Again it was the manner that irks.  A flukey 1-0 defeat would have been annoying but, yes, these things happen.  Shipping 4(four) goals to an average 1st division side shouldn't happen, ever.

Someone keeps trying to tell me it was worse than the CIS semi. Well, no I don't think it was. That team didn't even try to fight back, just sat back and accepted it. Might not feel like we did on Saturday but the goals suggest otherwise.

could it be that Queens were in fact shit, hence it was fairly simple to grab a goal.  Shame we couldn't be arsed to actually try and win the game once we got on level terms.

I may have to avoid reading posts about the game for a while...I can't imagine what Hat is like just now.

And if we got back into Europe there's no guarantee we'd qualify for the groups again, we'd probably get pumped by some Latvian team and then we'd be back where we are now.

Of course there wasn't. And in all likelihood we would have been pumped out before the group stages, just as we thought we would do this season.  But again we now have absolutely no chance of doing anything in europe as we haven't qualified.

I was furious on Saturday.  However I quickly realised that it was just yet another case of afc fucking us over.  Build us up to let us down again. 

tbh the thing that really hurt was not the manner of the defeat, not the shambolic defending, not the mind boggling persistence with McNamara, nor the ineptitude of Captain Seve.

No the thing that hurt was the realisation that Saturday was a stepping stone to our best chance of winning a trophy in 8, maybe 13 years.  Fuck knows when that will come around again.  It becomes increasingly apparent as long as we get top 6 and a bit of money from a cup run now and again the club don't give a fuck about actually winning something. Shame some fans seem to feel the same

Guest bloo_toon_red

All this hurting nonsense smacks of melodrama and oneupmanship to me.

It's a bit like the hangover thread, everyone trying to prove something about how drunk they were.

It's now officially Tuesday and time to dry your eyes. 

You don't know how easy you've got it though.

Think how bad I felt after mizer snapped at me following my auntie's stroke.  Bawling my eyes out I was.  Beat that.

So folk aren't allowed to be pissed off at results now or only until a given time after the match?  ::)

To me it just sounds like another thousand or so fans becoming apathetic to the cause, when performances like that are just swept under the already thread-bare red carpet.

see the crowds next season.

Nae cunt gives a fuck, and haven't for some time.

We are just another Motherwell, Killie, Falkirk, United etc etc etc

And BTR's Auntie.....how's about it?

And Mizer - if all ye can think about is last Saturday's result ye need to get another hobby (or smack habit  ;))

Good news is I have had no sad thoughts about Saturday this afternoon  :thumbsup: (Mainly because I have lost an important excel spreaedsheet  :hammer:)

Long may it continue  8)