Soutar fears for Hampden place

[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Aberdeen keeper Derek Soutar fears his latest error could wreck his Hampden dream. His blunder led to a Falkirk equaliser in Mondays SPL clash. Now Soutar is praying boss Jimmy Calderwood will not drop him for the semi final clash.

He did fuck up but in my opinion is far more reliable than clangers. Soutar to start!

I'd go soutar for this one as i dont think he's done anything to warrant being dropped.  Mind you he didnt the last time either but JC was right to make the change given clangers performance against dnipro.  When it comes down to it i reckon clangers is a better shot stopper than Soutar, can see him playing in the final providing we dont fuck up on sat.  Personally its not a decision i envy calderwood having to make.

Guest Caroline B

He's got to stick with Souter for this one. All in all apart form his wee blunder against Falkirk, he hasn't done too many things wrong. One mistake shouldn't be held against him. Time will tell.

I'm all for bringing in a new keeper anyway in the summer. We need someone who can help organise the back lot into conceding less goals.

Haha! I had to vote Winters. I'll never forget his save against Kanchelskis. Priceless!

I mind watching that final in a pub in Edinburgh. Some innocent bystander happened to wander in half way through the match and said "who's that shite in goals for Aberdeen?"

I turned around and said "Robbie Winters"

He said "Robbie Winters? The striker????!"

At that point, he started cheering for Aberdeen.

I hate when an outfield player goes in goal and everyone cheers when they make a save, like it's the best save ever, regardless of how shite it actually was.   :hammer:

that save reekie mentions was an absolute BLINDER.  I would have cheered that if leighton or snelders made it.  Going by the fact a "striker" made the save made it all the better.

It's just stoopit!  If it's a genuinely good save, fairy nuff, but it's usually nae and folks just mak the maist o it because it's an ootfield player.

Any save is a good save for an outfield player who suddenly finds himself in goals. Robbie showed a lot of guts to do what he did that day as does any player in that situation, they deserve a cheer for every save they make.

that save reekie mentions was an absolute BLINDER.  I would have cheered that if leighton or snelders made it.  Going by the fact a "striker" made the save made it all the better.

I wiznae referrin to that save in particular, just talkin in general min  :thumbsup: