Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

EE: McGhee loses plot

Aberdeen FC boss: I’ll play defender Ifil as striker

McGhee reveals shake-up plans

By Charlie Allan :wave:

Published: 02/03/2010

ABERDEEN FC boss Mark McGhee today revealed he is considering playing Jerel Ifil up front to add some muscle to his strikeforce.

Aberdeen FC haven’t won a match since main target man Lee Miller moved to Middlesbrough in January for £600,000.

McGhee is contemplating asking defender Ifil to fill in until he’s able to sign a new striker.

To read what Mark McGhee said about Jerel Ifil, pick up a copy of today’s Evening Express or read our digital edition now

Considering he has the touch of a rapist, how on earth is this going to work?

Guest ally s

Hmmm very strange.  I wouldn't object if he threw Ifil on as a striker with about 15 minutes left in a game we were losing. 

Did Jimmy forget to take his tactical tombola to Rubgay park?

Tabloids will be going to town on us tomorrow when they steal that article. Laughing stock? Us?

Sometimes you wonder why managers like McGhee (and JC before him) ever open there mouths to the press.

I think he may have. He balmed the strikers for Saturdays defeat in the Retard this morning and even praised the midfield for their effort.

http://sport.stv.tv/football/scottish-premier/aberdeen/160889-mcghee-blasts-rubbish-strikers/

McGhee blasts ‘rubbish’ strikers

Aberdeen manager Mark McGhee slams strikers in latest episode from Pittodrie

Aberdeen boss Mark McGhee blamed his strikers for his side’s defeat to Hearts at the weekend and branded Steven MacLean and Darren Mackie “rubbishâ€. The Dons made it eight games on the trot without a win after Saturday’s 1-0 defeat to Hearts and McGhee placed the blame firmly on the attacking duo.

"Our two strikers were rubbish at the weekend and that had an effect on our whole performance,†said the manager whose side has won only seven from 26 games.

"I told them I was disappointed with them and that they must do much better if they want to feature in our remaining games.

"The winning goal came from losing the ball up front and we kept doing that throughout the game. If the strikers want to stay in the team they have to earn their places and not just by scoring goals.

"Steven won't like me saying this because he came here on loan to play regularly. But he hasn't played nearly as well in the last three games as he did against Celtic and that has badly affected the team's displays.

"It might seem harsh to put this on him but I am only saying it because I know that he has the ability to do a lot better for Aberdeen and himself. It is the same with Darren who had worked hard to convince me that he was the best strike partner for Steven.

"I don't have a lot of options but if I don't get more from them I will have a look at replacing one or both of them."

Did they even get one decent ball on Saturday?

Great idea however McGhee should've announce it just before a home game cos attendance are bound to increase

I'd gladly pay to watch Ifil at CF, Langfield ar right back, Mackie in goal, McDonald in centre midfield etc, would be good for a laugh  :o

Nah, in fairness though this must've been taken oot of context or something, surely  ???

Great idea however McGhee should've announce it just before a home game cos attendance are bound to increase

I'd gladly pay to watch Ifil at CF, Langfield ar right back, Mackie in goal, McDonald in centre midfield etc, would be good for a laugh  :o

Nah, in fairness though this must've been taken oot of context or something, surely  ???

:lolabove::thumbsup:

i could have told him Mackie was mince before he came here ;)

seriously though for him to blame the strikers for the defeat at the weekend, and not to have a go at our midfield, who in recent weeks have probably done fuck loads more damage to our season than the front to is insane!

i'm telling you, he's cracked ::)

We never lost the ball up front when Hearts scored - our captain passed it across goal from not much outside our penalty box and Hearts intercepted  >:(

I would be raging if I was McLean getting singled out like that when he says nothing about KERR  >:D  :hammer:

On the bright side the futher Ifil is from our goal the better.

:lolabove:

We never lost the ball up front when Hearts scored - our captain passed it across goal from not much outside our penalty box and Hearts intercepted  >:(

I would be raging if I was McLean getting singled out like that when he says nothing about KERR  >:D  :hammer:

Well Mclean WON'T be here after the summer!

MM, i'm all for you giving the players a hard time when they're playing shite, but why not try and single out the RIGHT FUCKIN PLAYERS >:(