Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Last game of the season - how will it go?

So far this season:

4/10/08

Aberdeen 1-2 Hibs

15/11/08

Hibs 2-2 Aberdeen

21/03/09

Hibs 0-0 Aberdeen

Dons home record this season: 5th best in the league - 29 points (1.61 points per game)

Hibs away record this season: 4th best in the league - 22 points (1.22 points per game)

Dons last 8 games: D D W L L D D L - 7 points

Hibs last 8 games: D D D L L W D D - 8 points

Dons last 5 home games: D W W L D - 8 points

Hibs last 8 away games: L W D D W - 8 points

--------------

Its going to be a tight game going on that.

of course i want us to win, but i could see sumthin bad hapenin  :-\  hibs game is gona be realy tough , i also thnk rangers could get a good run for their money from united. The main thng we need is to hav a bit o luck on our side and a solid perfomance from the team.  ;)

I think the huns will win, and I'm hoping for a storming 90 minutes from the dons at Pittodrie like we had against Rangers in 2007.  Big crowd, everything to play for, I'm feeling confident.

Bring them on.  :thumbsup:

I suspect Hibs will be too much for us and we'll end up with another draw.  I also have little faith in the huns beating the arabs, although it is probably more likely now they know any win will see them Champions.

We do however have a pretty good record of final day victories in recent years, and hopefully with a near capacity crowd we can do it again.

Hibs have sorted their defence out and with riordan and fletcher potent up front.  The fact we have home advantage is massive, accompany that with we actually have something to play for i think we will sneak it.  I think the huns will sneak it too.  No getting away from the fact that its going to be a tense afternoon.

Up until this season I'd have seen nothing but a glorious arse kicking of anyone visiting Pittodrie and the results going our way elsewhere.  This season I've turned into Stoney/SteveW/RTYD and have no faith in the Dons.

My prediction is firmly based on what this season has felt like:

We'll not win the must win game and United will pick up points against the Old Firm.

:hammer:

calderwood marvels at the spurned opportunities

Dons plan party in the last chance saloon

By Paul Third

Published: 20/05/2009

Aberdeen have squandered chance after chance to dominate the chase for a place in European competition – but manager Jimmy Calderwood insists his men will not fail with their final opportunity on Sunday.

The Dons have not won a game in the post-split fixtures, but still remain on the verge of qualification for Europe going into the final game of the season.

But Aberdeen’s failure to close the gap on Dundee United has been matched by the Arabs’ inability to pull away.

If United fail to take a point at home to Rangers on Sunday, the Dons can claim the final place in the Europa League on goal difference if they beat Hibernian.

With that glimmer of hope still remaining, Calderwood wants his players to fulfil their obligation at Pittodrie.

He said: “We have still got a chance, but it’s our last one. Weeks have gone by and I’ve said we have to win or we’re out of it and we have not got the result but somehow stayed in the hunt.

“But this time, there will not be another chance. I’m disappointed our chances of finishing third have gone, but if fourth is still there we will push for it and this is a must win game

“We’ve had so many chances it’s incredible, but we know what we have to do on Sunday.â€

The Dons manager is relieved to have avoided a final-day meeting with the title-chasing Old Firm, but he does not expect any favours from former Don Mixu Paatelainen and his in-form Hibernian players.

He said: “It’s going to be some finish. Luckily enough there will be no conspiracy theories surrounding the game we are involved in.â€

Cant see us beating hibs but saying that, when we go out to win games we look very good, plus we always seem to win when we have too, if we go out and take the game to hibs we will win. On the other hand i cant see rangers winning at tannadice they looked shit against us on saturday - if we were two nil down at half time im convinced we would have won a point if not more. They looked gash once weir got tired and we actually ran at them.

Any heres hoping we can do it, if not they we should all still be happy that calderwood will get his jotters :)

:thumbsup:

Reckon we'll win vs HIVs.

Reckon Huns will lose to United

Shellick vs Pink Huns I couldnae gie a flying fuck about.

Inverness to get relegated. Although it's impossible, I'd LOVE to see Killie going down. They've LONG overstayed their welcome in the SPL.

Mathematically, Helen Mirren aren't safe yet. But it would require Falkirk to win by 4 clear goals, and Helen to lose before they went down. Hence, I reckon ICT don't have the bottle to stay up this season, especially against a Falkirk side who thrive on scrapping ... not to mention the ICT squad isn't exactly on happy terms with one another.

Rangers:

They have the title in their graps, it doesn't matter what Celtic do they just have to win (unlike last year where I don't think they believed Celtic would drop points). They will push UTD aside comfortably because their supporters will not accept them losing the title at this stage.

2-0 win

Aberdeen:

Hibs have played well in the top 6 but the last game of the season is always a pretty dull affair for a team with little to play for. Their minds will be on holidays and fighting on Lothian Road. Hibs will not sit deep and try to counter attack us, they will relax and try to play football to see out the season on a high. Our recent problems at Pittodrie have been because teams have sat in and defended and we are shit at breaking them down. We will benefit from an open game.

As Calderwood says, this is the last go at Europe. We can piss away chance after chance in the league, we can fuck up against inferior opposition in the cup but there is always another opportunity, particularly this season with so many other sides being poor. However, this is it. No more chances. A cup final. A 'Copenhagen' if you like. Last few years we have handed out some destructive performances on the final day against better opposition that Hibs and teams with something to play for.

3-0 win.

Job done, dust out the passports.  :ultras: :ultras:

Cant see us beating hibs but saying that, when we go out to win games we look very good, plus we always seem to win when we have too, if we go out and take the game to hibs we will win. On the other hand i cant see rangers winning at tannadice they looked shit against us on saturday - if we were two nil down at half time im convinced we would have won a point if not more. They looked gash once weir got tired and we actually ran at them.

Any heres hoping we can do it, if not they we should all still be happy that calderwood will get his jotters :)

:thumbsup:

What like the last hearts and utd games?

Reckon we'll win vs HIVs.

Reckon Huns will lose to United

Shellick vs Pink Huns I couldnae gie a flying fuck about.

Inverness to get relegated. Although it's impossible, I'd LOVE to see Killie going down. They've LONG overstayed their welcome in the SPL.

Mathematically, Helen Mirren aren't safe yet. But it would require Falkirk to win by 4 clear goals, and Helen to lose before they went down. Hence, I reckon ICT don't have the bottle to stay up this season, especially against a Falkirk side who thrive on scrapping ... not to mention the ICT squad isn't exactly on happy terms with one another.

I reckon ICT will do enough to stay up. Falkirk have been pretty wank this season. Having said that, they've won their last two games against Inverness, and Pressley is suspended, so that can only be a good thing for them.

I like having ICT in the league. I think its good for the SPL to have another team from outside the central belt. Plus, I haven't been for years and would like the opportunity to go!