Author Topic: St Mirren Away - Scottish Cup QF.  (Read 1448 times)

Offline Jute

• Club Legend
  • Rating: 17
Re: St Mirren Away - Scottish Cup QF.
« Reply #20 on: February 29, 2020, 11:02:35 PM »
Shite game but right result. Fuck paying to watch football like that every week.

Offline CtS

• Captain
  • Rating: 118
  • In like Flynn.
« Reply #21 on: February 29, 2020, 11:25:28 PM »
Wasn’t pretty, hope we get St Johnstone in the draw tomorrow. I just rounded off a good evening by watching highlights of the huns getting pumped at tynecastle again.  ;D

Our name’s on the cup  :thumbsup:
<< Be young, have fun, taste Christian. >>

Offline SeeBass

• Star Striker
  • Rating: -133
« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2020, 12:10:28 AM »
Just realised Mr Cosgrove has three penalties in three Scottish Cup ties hope he doesn't miss the decisive spot-kick in the Final shootout!!!

Offline manc_don

• Administrator
  • Rating: 77
  • Not a Jafa
« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2020, 04:28:15 AM »
Just realised Mr Cosgrove has three penalties in three Scottish Cup ties hope he doesn't miss the decisive spot-kick in the Final shootout!!!

Shhh don’t say things like that seebass!

Managed to catch some of the game, was awful but main was incredibly unlucky not to score. Great play and on another day the linesman would have kept his flag down. Right decision regardless. Part of me obviously hopes for st Johnstone, but they’re a niggly team.

Onwards to the next round, and, no huns at hampden  :D  :rofl:

Offline BigAl

• SAGA Subscriber
  • Administrator
  • Rating: 205
« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2020, 11:59:08 AM »
Three times I've been to watch us at Paisley this season and three absolute fucking soakings if my memory serves me right.

As others have said, it wasn't pretty but it was effective.
Not making excuses but conditions (accept it is the same for both teams) were fucking horrific last night.
Can't agree with Goodwin on this occasion, I thought that we did more than enough to merit the win and did what had to be done on a difficult night against a team reasonably high in confidence.

Wasn't sure in live time that Main's goal should have been disallowed and still not sure having seen it on TV.

Anyway onwards and upwards and another trip to Hampden beckons.
Could this be our year ?
Steve warm his seat up

Offline KennyFuckinPowers

• Star Striker
  • Rating: 15
  • 2 Kinds of trouble in this world, living, dying.
« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2020, 02:13:01 PM »
Was definitely a shite game, but conditions played a part in that. Thought we started very well, something we haven't done in a long time, but scoring early meant game management early, and that suited St Mirren, who forced one save from Lewis, so whilst it suited them, they failed to create anything meaningful at all really.

Fantastic finish from Ferguson, Kennedy, in flashes was excellent, he seems to be coming out of his shell now and hopefully he can keep that up, defensively we were absolutely fine also.

Another Semi, which isn't an achievement in itself, but at least we're there and giving ourselves a chance.
It's a math class, the whole deal. Just like every math class, there's a clown in the front, and everybody hates this clown because he raises his hand, he's answering all the questions. What do we do? Move on. Just fucking move on, ready or not. He's deciding we got to move on, he knows his math, I hadn't even figured out about Santa Claus yet.

Offline tom_widdows

• Captain
  • Rating: 40
  • Miserable Cúnt & Architectural Killjoy
« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2020, 05:18:38 PM »
Tic away it is then  ::)
I'm a man, and as a man I crave disappointment.

That's why I support Aberdeen Football Club & Scotland.

Offline Elgindon

• Star Striker
  • Rating: 25
« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2020, 06:21:20 PM »
 Rather play them now than the final personally.Think we've a wee chance in a one off against todays Celtic,with the added carrot of meeting a team as mediocre as ourselves in the final   :thumbsup:
« Last Edit: March 01, 2020, 07:07:32 PM by Elgindon »

Offline Panda

• Bench Warmer
  • Rating: 8
« Reply #28 on: March 02, 2020, 01:39:54 AM »
I was strangely quite happy we got Celtic, that's who I wanted. Part of it bravado as I thought we'd get them anyway so was pre-empting it a bit, but Billy Dodds was saying on the radio how everyone wants to avoid Celtic until the final. Not for me, I don't see how beating them in a final is any easier than a semi - id rather beat them ASAP. The build up to a final when it's not Celtic you're facing is a lot more fun than everyone thinking we'll get beat.

Also, Celtic have started 2020 on fire but they were never going to keep that going until summer, especially with the sheer volume of games they've got. They've already began to show cracks against Copenhagen and even in a lacklustre performance at Pittodrie.

Even on a bad day they have winners in their side that can pull them out of a hole so we'll still need our best performance of the season to do it, but maybe they're dropping in form slightly just as we're beginning to find ours, and maybe by April we'll be meeting at just the right time.

Plus, if we do beat them, a cup final v either of the Edinburgh sides will be electric.

Offline Kowalski

• Global Moderator
  • Rating: -12
« Reply #29 on: May 19, 2020, 05:49:17 PM »
So I may have missed it but I haven’t seen anything that says the Scottish Cup has been declared null and void yet? Is there still a chance we might play the semi?

Offline tlg1903

• Captain
  • Rating: 56
« Reply #30 on: May 19, 2020, 07:29:21 PM »
Sportsound have said a few times that the sfa have said the competition will be completed.  Last I've heard on it.
Decided to start a football blog, feel free to have a read here.

http://foxintheboxon.blogspot.co.uk/?view=flipcard

Offline BigAl

• SAGA Subscriber
  • Administrator
  • Rating: 205
« Reply #31 on: May 20, 2020, 11:21:39 AM »
Sportsound have said a few times that the sfa Peter Lawwell have said the competition will be completed.  Last I've heard on it.

Fixed that for you ;)
Steve warm his seat up