Author Topic: Dons v Hibs  (Read 3479 times)

Offline KennyFuckinPowers

• Star Striker
  • Rating: 13
  • 2 Kinds of trouble in this world, living, dying.
Re: Dons v Hibs
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2019, 08:40:32 PM »
I wouldn't have said we started playing after Main got sent off, we were still shit for a good while after he went, but we put a good fight for the last 10 minutes.

Well, we certainly made more of a fist of things, we created more chances. But that was down to Hibs and Heckingbottom's " Game Management ". I think we have been extremely fortunate not to have been on the end of a few more doings like we got at Ibrox last week, as lets face it, St Mirren should have scored more than they did in the 1-0 defeat, Livingston certainly should have as well, but today, Doidge missed 4 1 vs 1's, absolutely criminal.

We are rank rotten, we have no redeeming features and even when we do have everyone fit, I am not sure McInnes would pick the best 11, just my opinion. I have went completely off the man and have a strong disliking for him, shame how it's petering out. For talking sake, if we lose our next 2 games and are also put out of the Scottish Cup, we will be lucky to make top 5, maybe top 6, sad state of affairs really.
It's a math class, the whole deal. Just like every math class, there's a clown in the front, and everybody hates this clown because he raises his hand, he's answering all the questions. What do we do? Move on. Just fucking move on, ready or not. He's deciding we got to move on, he knows his math, I hadn't even figured out about Santa Claus yet.

Offline Jute

• Club Legend
  • Rating: 17
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2019, 09:51:09 PM »
Should have taken the train up this morning being cancelled as being a sign and just went to the independence march instead. Abysmal game of football between two piss poor teams. Thought we robbed Hibs today and we could have had no complaint if we had lost 3-1 today. Thought both red cards were correct at the time. Might change my mind when I see them on tv. Main is a truly awful footballer. I have no idea what possessed McInness to sign him. I wish I had the will power to stop going as getting absolutely no enjoyment from watching us just now.

Online manc_don

• Administrator
  • Rating: 77
  • Not a Jafa
« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2019, 08:27:59 AM »
Should have taken the train up this morning being cancelled as being a sign and just went to the independence march instead. Abysmal game of football between two piss poor teams. Thought we robbed Hibs today and we could have had no complaint if we had lost 3-1 today. Thought both red cards were correct at the time. Might change my mind when I see them on tv. Main is a truly awful footballer. I have no idea what possessed McInness to sign him. I wish I had the will power to stop going as getting absolutely no enjoyment from watching us just now.

Seems like there are a few of you Jute but  I wonder how long you and the others can hold out. Club is alienating its fan base and it doesn't even realise it.

Saw a stat somewhere, we have the second lowest stats for shot taking. Doesn't surprise me in the slightest.

Offline BigAl

• SAGA Subscriber
  • Administrator
  • Rating: 204
« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2019, 03:10:28 PM »
Seems like there are a few of you Jute but  I wonder how long you and the others can hold out. Club is alienating its fan base and it doesn't even realise it.

I've been very quiet on here of late and there's a very good reason for that.
Now whilst I'm not quite calling for McInnes's head on a pitchfork, I have to say that with each passing week my interest is lessening.
Pretty sad to say that over fifty years on from my first game and by christ I've witnessed some utter shite during that time.
Steve warm his seat up

Offline TheDeeDon

• First Team Regular
  • Rating: 16
« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2019, 12:41:48 PM »
I forgot to mention towards the end of the game on Saturday when the scores were level, that Hibs had just had a chance, but Joe saved us and then McKenna was telling him to hold off playing the ball and just to keep it. Joe told McKenna to get his arse up the field and try and get a winner.

It was in injury time, but I liked that from Joe. Gets a bit of stick for being the Captain, but I thought that spoke volumes about his attitude. 

Offline RicoS321

• Captain
  • Rating: 74
« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2019, 01:43:56 PM »
I forgot to mention towards the end of the game on Saturday when the scores were level, that Hibs had just had a chance, but Joe saved us and then McKenna was telling him to hold off playing the ball and just to keep it. Joe told McKenna to get his arse up the field and try and get a winner.

It was in injury time, but I liked that from Joe. Gets a bit of stick for being the Captain, but I thought that spoke volumes about his attitude.

I thought McKenna was asking for it short, but you're likely correct. Joe was immense at the weekend. Easy to say that the boy missed 4 sitters, but Lewis is the best keeper in the league (full stop) at one-on-ones by a mile. Covers every gap and players must hate coming up against him. I don't like him being captain because of his position on the field, but he's a fantastic example. To add, I thought McKenna was good at the weekend too.

Offline Tyrant

• Administrator
  • Rating: 118
« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2019, 11:13:36 AM »

I feel this stick is (or should be) aimed more at McInnes for making him the captain. I doubt many (if any) believe that Joe's personality rather than the position he plays in prevents him from being the ideal captain.