Author Topic: McInnes & Docherty  (Read 10533 times)

Offline manc_don

• Administrator
  • Rating: 78
  • Not a Jafa
Re: McInnes & Docherty
« Reply #60 on: November 05, 2019, 07:19:11 PM »
Well said Rico.

We are in the situation that our Chairman and a few others always wanted and they will be happy to see us spanked by the OF on a regular basis with the return of Helicopter Sundays being one that will see Milne and Co crack one off in the boardroom with exitement.

If we can beat most team below us, which we will most weeks, bar the usual blips and stay comfortable in the top 6 and get Euro qualifiers most years then McInnes has a job for life, another trophy win will get him the keys to the City.

I want to see McInnes gone, but really what for as we won't replace him with anyone with the balls to have a real go at the OF and break their dominance, it will just be more of the same at best or another few years trawling the bottom of the league.

The whole set up of our game is a mess.

Pretty much summarises how I feel.  My thoughts are now moving to that we need a foreign manager.  One that doesn't have any inferiority or historical respect for the two cheeks. Finding a Scot to do that is nigh on impossible, from the UK, I don't think they'd have the balls.

It all kinda makes you feel hopeless because this is exactly what we knew would happen and our chairman was complicit on the outcome.

Offline LA-Don

• Star Striker
  • Rating: 23
« Reply #61 on: November 05, 2019, 08:50:14 PM »
Personally I don't think Milne is happy to see or wants us spanked by the old firm. I think he's a fan who wants the team to do well but his ambition differs to many of us. Success to him is business success with the hope of the team doing well, but financially secure, assets etc. is a must to him. I think he's happy with top 6 and the occasional cup final as he has seen us much worse, but I don't really see him as wanting us to get belted and wanting old firm success.

Greater risk leads to greater reward. Milne took risks and nearly put us out of business. He won't go there again hence the acceptance of mediocrity on the pitch.

Offline Ten Caat

• Midfield Maestro
  • Rating: 33
« Reply #62 on: November 05, 2019, 11:03:19 PM »
I've heard talk (absolutely nothing substantiated so don't take anything as gospel) that Milne is pretty close to being ready to walk away, selling pretty much all of his shareholding. Cormack will take over as chairman and a few of the present board will be leaving (booted??) as well. To be replaced by Americans. And once the new stadium is up there will be genuine investment in the team to try to break the dominance currently held by Celtic (sevco ana but they've won hee haw as yet)

Make of it what you will

Offline TheDeeDon

• First Team Regular
  • Rating: 18
« Reply #63 on: November 06, 2019, 07:12:14 AM »
I've heard talk (absolutely nothing substantiated so don't take anything as gospel) that Milne is pretty close to being ready to walk away, selling pretty much all of his shareholding. Cormack will take over as chairman and a few of the present board will be leaving (booted??) as well. To be replaced by Americans. And once the new stadium is up there will be genuine investment in the team to try to break the dominance currently held by Celtic (sevco ana but they've won hee haw as yet)

Make of it what you will

I've heard Milne has wanted out for years, but no acceptable offer has been made.

I'm not so sure on Cormack, something doesn't quite sit well with me about him. I would love to see how we are ever going to compete with the cheeks under the set up we currently have in Scotland with everything geared towards supporting a stong and stable Rangers and Celtic, with their financial clout being in far in excess of ours and Celtic being even further in front of everyone.

Youth is the future for us and it hasn't really worked out on that front under DM in his near 7 year tenure. OK he has signed Ferguson and Cosgrove who I think would be worth decent money (for us) if we were to sell, but nobody else has set the world on fire on the youth front which and it will be harder to find young talent in future due to the way the big clubs around the world have scounts everywhere looking for exactly the same thing.

Maybe Cormack and any potential investors will change the whole attitude of the club for the better and demand more from our managers and not see finishing third as KPI for whoever is in charge of the team at that time.

Offline RicoS321

• Captain
  • Rating: 75
« Reply #64 on: November 06, 2019, 11:57:51 AM »
I've heard Milne has wanted out for years, but no acceptable offer has been made.

I'm not so sure on Cormack, something doesn't quite sit well with me about him. I would love to see how we are ever going to compete with the cheeks under the set up we currently have in Scotland with everything geared towards supporting a stong and stable Rangers and Celtic, with their financial clout being in far in excess of ours and Celtic being even further in front of everyone.

Youth is the future for us and it hasn't really worked out on that front under DM in his near 7 year tenure. OK he has signed Ferguson and Cosgrove who I think would be worth decent money (for us) if we were to sell, but nobody else has set the world on fire on the youth front which and it will be harder to find young talent in future due to the way the big clubs around the world have scounts everywhere looking for exactly the same thing.

Maybe Cormack and any potential investors will change the whole attitude of the club for the better and demand more from our managers and not see finishing third as KPI for whoever is in charge of the team at that time.

According to "dons together" Cormack's vision seems to be some sort of second tier European type thing. I think we'll see significant changes in the world of fitba over the next 5-10 years to create some sort of European class system for fitba. I think he's expecting (based on nothing, just my reading having never spoken to him or heard him speak in person) a european league that we'd play more games in, with a reduced Scottish league. It's a guess like, based on reading between the lines on the club's strategy document. It would avoid having to address the situation of the scum, plus do exactly the same to the teams below us that the scum have done to us by creating an ever-expanding wealth gap.

Offline TheDeeDon

• First Team Regular
  • Rating: 18
« Reply #65 on: November 07, 2019, 06:58:11 AM »
According to "dons together" Cormack's vision seems to be some sort of second tier European type thing. I think we'll see significant changes in the world of fitba over the next 5-10 years to create some sort of European class system for fitba. I think he's expecting (based on nothing, just my reading having never spoken to him or heard him speak in person) a european league that we'd play more games in, with a reduced Scottish league. It's a guess like, based on reading between the lines on the club's strategy document. It would avoid having to address the situation of the scum, plus do exactly the same to the teams below us that the scum have done to us by creating an ever-expanding wealth gap.

So really football is going the same way as society itself, in developing class sytems to aspire too, with those at the top not wanting to give way to those under them.

If Cormack is going to take in American investors that will come at a price and our game will change in ways that will be almost unrecognisable to what we currently know, some of which will be good and some will be alien to most of us.

I suppose we will just have to see what happens, but I do reckon if Cormack comes in above Milne it could spell the end of DM.

Offline BigAl

• SAGA Subscriber
  • Administrator
  • Rating: 204
« Reply #66 on: November 07, 2019, 08:08:00 AM »
https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/derek-mcinnes-targeted-stoke-city-20827889

Mmmm, I wonder  ???
Probably shit as in The Retard and no directly attributable quotes whatsoever.
Steve warm his seat up

Offline Ten Caat

• Midfield Maestro
« Reply #67 on: November 07, 2019, 09:28:15 AM »
https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/derek-mcinnes-targeted-stoke-city-20827889

Mmmm, I wonder  ???
Probably shit as in The Retard and no directly attributable quotes whatsoever.

Their main target is Michael O'Neill. I suspect the quoted odds for McInnes of 28/1 is a more accurate reflection of his chances than what the Retard are making out.

That said......I hope Stoke miss out on all their targets and DM lands it by default. Getting him out the door and getting paid compo on top would be a gargantuan Brucie bonus

Offline BigAl

• SAGA Subscriber
  • Administrator
« Reply #68 on: November 07, 2019, 10:51:03 AM »
Odds shortened to 6/1 on Paddy Power and BetFair

All down to paper talk  ???
Steve warm his seat up

Offline BigAl

• SAGA Subscriber
  • Administrator
« Reply #69 on: November 07, 2019, 11:32:27 AM »
Looks like he'll be going nowhere.

Sky Sports reporting official approach for permission to speak to Michael O'Neill
Steve warm his seat up

Offline wi_09

• Bench Warmer
  • Rating: 4
« Reply #70 on: November 07, 2019, 11:37:41 AM »
Someone on Wiki is jumping the gun and already has Stoke recorded as one of his teams managed.

Teams managed
2007–2011   St Johnstone
2011–2013   Bristol City
2013–2019   Aberdeen
2019–           Stoke City

Offline BigAl

• SAGA Subscriber
  • Administrator
« Reply #71 on: November 07, 2019, 11:43:17 AM »
Someone on Wiki is jumping the gun and already has Stoke recorded as one of his teams managed.

Teams managed
2007–2011   St Johnstone
2011–2013   Bristol City
2013–2019   Aberdeen
2019–           Stoke City

Ok own up lads.
Who was it  :)
Steve warm his seat up

Offline tlg1903

• Captain
  • Rating: 52
« Reply #72 on: November 07, 2019, 01:19:04 PM »
The can approach fai as much as they want but I can't see mon taking the stoke job.  2bh I'm not sure DM would take the Stoke either
Decided to start a football blog, feel free to have a read here.

http://foxintheboxon.blogspot.co.uk/?view=flipcard

Offline Ten Caat

• Midfield Maestro
« Reply #73 on: November 07, 2019, 04:07:23 PM »
O'Neill would minimum double his NI salary at Stoke. He'd be mad not to take it.

McInnes would have no choice but to accept it if offered. He would be finished as even a candidate down south if he turned it down

Offline manc_don

• Administrator
  • Rating: 78
  • Not a Jafa
« Reply #74 on: November 10, 2019, 06:34:45 PM »
Who knows, at this rate, he might build his stock high enough for someone to take him seriously  ;D

Offline rocket_scientist

• Club Legend
  • Rating: -193
« Reply #75 on: November 11, 2019, 12:14:53 PM »
I'm not so sure on Cormack, something doesn't quite sit well with me about him.

That's instinct talking. Time will tell how accurate your instinct was about him.
Ancient Sound, Modern Noise