Author Topic: McInnes & Docherty  (Read 11564 times)

Offline tlg1903

• Captain
  • Rating: 55
Re: McInnes & Docherty
« Reply #40 on: October 28, 2019, 10:16:52 AM »
I think the insipid performance yesterday will be a tipping point for a lot of undecideds but I don't think it will make a difference 2bh.  He's milnes man, too expensive to sack and he's good enough to get us into Europe again. 
Decided to start a football blog, feel free to have a read here.

http://foxintheboxon.blogspot.co.uk/?view=flipcard

Offline KennyFuckinPowers

• Star Striker
  • Rating: 14
  • 2 Kinds of trouble in this world, living, dying.
« Reply #41 on: October 28, 2019, 10:52:22 AM »
I think the insipid performance yesterday will be a tipping point for a lot of undecideds but I don't think it will make a difference 2bh. He's milnes man, too expensive to sack and he's good enough to get us into Europe again.

Correct tlg.

We're all pretty adamant on that, the only way he will leave now is if he leaves himself, he won't be sacked.

I can't get my head around the reasoning from those that want him to stay, not sure why they're afraid of change, it's part and parcel of Football, a new Manager could come in and excel or he could come in and regress us further, that's the chance you need to take, if it did go south, you then move that Manager on and recruit again, but you'd need to give him at least a full season imo, you will see then, after 2 Transfer Windows getting his own Players and implementing his ideas on the Pitch.

However, in the meantime, there are things that McInnes can change in the now, the likes of the Captaincy, Joe Lewis is our best player, I'd argue that he is anyway, but he's not a Captain, our style of Football, he had us playing relatively decent Football in the first few years, probably up until we lost Hayes, McGinn, Rooney etc.... But we've gone to monotonous, uninspiring, dire and boring Football this last 18-24 Months, we've shown very brief flashes that we're a formidable outfit that can play nice Football, but 90% of the time, it's the opposite.

I have also stated previously, and this one is a bug bear of mine and might not even be the case, but sure seems like it, is his lack of motivational skills, we never look " Up " for games, does that makes sense? Again yesterday, I noticed it straight away, we were utterly passive and cowardly, nobody looked up for it, was the same in the Semi Final against Motherwell when we got horsed 3-0, they were pumped, they were harrying, we were afraid and treating the ball like a grenade. It's something I think we lack, putting teams on the back foot and getting in their faces. You can do that as well as play Football.

Anyway, fuck it, there's definitely a change in the air with the fans, they made themselves heard yesterday and McInnes looked a bit annoyed by that, we're getting articles in Newspapers now questioning him and people are starting to take notice, this is something he's not used too, not since he's been here anyway, lets see what he's made off, he can shirk away or he can take it on the chin and silence all the doubters.

« Last Edit: October 28, 2019, 10:54:19 AM by KennyFuckinPowers »
It's a math class, the whole deal. Just like every math class, there's a clown in the front, and everybody hates this clown because he raises his hand, he's answering all the questions. What do we do? Move on. Just fucking move on, ready or not. He's deciding we got to move on, he knows his math, I hadn't even figured out about Santa Claus yet.

Offline Tyrant

• Administrator
  • Rating: 118
« Reply #42 on: October 28, 2019, 11:12:14 AM »
I think the insipid performance yesterday will be a tipping point for a lot of undecideds but I don't think it will make a difference 2bh.  He's milnes man, too expensive to sack and he's good enough to get us into Europe again.

Is he?  ??? I'd be amazed if we qualified for Europe next season. There's little point anyway since our pathetic passive pussy tactics will see is papped out post haste by bang average shite.  ::)

« Last Edit: October 29, 2019, 08:11:03 AM by Tyrant »

Offline Ten Caat

• Midfield Maestro
  • Rating: 37
« Reply #43 on: October 28, 2019, 12:25:36 PM »
I don't think that qualifying for Europe next season is a forlorn hope but that is more to do with the other sides being equally as shyte as we are rather than us being any good.

Also believe that he is sackable. But it will take the team to go on a 5 or 6 match losing streak, fan protests at full time AND crowds dropping to below the 9k mark where we start to lose money week in/week out. Not sure we are close to that point yet sadly.

Offline TheDeeDon

• First Team Regular
  • Rating: 18
« Reply #44 on: October 28, 2019, 12:58:45 PM »
I think it will be others on the board who will get rid of McInnes, not Milne and really only hope it is VERY soon.

Any goodwill he had from his first couple of years at the club is very quickly ebbing away and only folk who harp on about about where we were before him want to stick with him, not able to see we are heading back towards the same place, the same people who still think getting rid of Calderwood was a mistake

He really should have left us at the end of the 2017 season, as I would say he peaked with us at that point.

Something has to give, or the Kingswells vanity project could well end up being as big a white elephant as the one they built at Darlington.

Offline manc_don

• Administrator
  • Rating: 78
  • Not a Jafa
« Reply #45 on: October 28, 2019, 07:25:56 PM »
Let's get one thing correct. McInnes has never qualified for Europe. We haven't been in Europe since 2008. It's like bragging about getting to the intertoto.

Until this season, he was good enough to get us to the qualifiers, but i don't think he will be so lucky this season.  If we do some how fluke it, it won't be because we're good, it'll be because others a slightly shitter.

Sick to death of the guy, get him the fuck out of our club.

Offline awafaehame

• Under 16's
  • Rating: 5
« Reply #46 on: October 29, 2019, 05:24:01 AM »
The absolutely pathetic excuse for a performance on Sunday has pissed me off so much, I am still shaking my head in disbelief.

I have never witnessed an Aberdeen team ever be so poor against either of the scum. That to me is down to one person, the manager.
He has constantly signed either crocked players, or ones just back from injuries, then moans like hell to the press about the lengthy injury list we have.
When we sit back all the time and supposedly try and hit on the counter, he has no idea how to change things when we go a goal down and it isnt working, especially to the teams from glesga.
I have heard that he doesnt like Anderson, so he wont play him, which is also infuriating.

I have never known the fans to be so divided since following the Dons (for nearly 45 years). DNA, Kingsford and now even whether or not McInnes should be sacked.

To give the management team new contracts after another mediocre season last year was a huge mistake. Yet another fvck up from Milne in a long list of fvck ups.

I think personally that Mcinnes should go as he has run out of ideas. I would love also if Milne went too and let someone else in who is at least going to try and unite a very fractured support base.

Anyway, sorry for the long rant, just so so sick of everything right now regarding my beloved team.

Offline tlg1903

• Captain
  • Rating: 55
« Reply #47 on: October 29, 2019, 03:29:43 PM »
Really?  Forgotten the 9 we conceded at the San giro or the latter half of the 90's/early zero's cos we took some cuffings then...
Decided to start a football blog, feel free to have a read here.

http://foxintheboxon.blogspot.co.uk/?view=flipcard

Offline manc_don

• Administrator
  • Not a Jafa
« Reply #48 on: October 29, 2019, 07:13:49 PM »
Really?  Forgotten the 9 we conceded at the San giro or the latter half of the 90's/early zero's cos we took some cuffings then...

Agreed, I don't think we're at that level yet. But, maybe it's my red spectacles or hazy memory, but it felt like we had a team that at least tried. They were just shit?  This team appears to have zero personality.

Offline TheDeeDon

• First Team Regular
« Reply #49 on: October 29, 2019, 08:39:22 PM »

ANyone who witnessed that car crash of a performance on Sunday has the right to be pissed off, seriously pissed off. I know for one I still am. I can take a defeat anytime, but the manner of Sundays performance was frightening. ANyone who says otherwise or tries to defend it must be taking the piss or are employed by the club.

I remember the really bad old days well, but what I saw on Sunday was as bad as anything we saw in the really bad years and this is under a manager that is supposed to be our messiah.

A lad I work with said today getting rid of McInnes is a bad idea because of what we had before him and with that I fear we have one person who is bigger than the club if that is the mindset of our support.

We have a manager who looks like he doesn't want to be here anymore and I am afraid that if some action is not taken soon we may find ourselves back in yearly relegation battles and celebrating a top 6 finish as an achievement.

Offline Tyrant

• Administrator
  • Rating: 118
« Reply #50 on: October 30, 2019, 10:27:45 AM »
ANyone who witnessed that car crash of a performance on Sunday has the right to be pissed off, seriously pissed off. I know for one I still am. I can take a defeat anytime, but the manner of Sundays performance was frightening. ANyone who says otherwise or tries to defend it must be taking the piss or are employed by the club.

I remember the really bad old days well, but what I saw on Sunday was as bad as anything we saw in the really bad years and this is under a manager that is supposed to be our messiah.

A lad I work with said today getting rid of McInnes is a bad idea because of what we had before him and with that I fear we have one person who is bigger than the club if that is the mindset of our support.

We have a manager who looks like he doesn't want to be here anymore and I am afraid that if some action is not taken soon we may find ourselves back in yearly relegation battles and celebrating a top 6 finish as an achievement.

Very good post. What happened before is irrelevant anyway. But make no mistake about it; we're heading back there fast. I was lucky that I wasn't at the 9-0 but I wasn't lucky enough to miss Sunday and I don't think it's an exaggeration to say that I've never seen a poorer, more pathetic performance from us.

Offline rocket_scientist

• Club Legend
  • Rating: -198
« Reply #51 on: October 30, 2019, 10:42:43 AM »
And yet McInnes described the fans reaction as "hysteria" in his interview last night, at the same time as saying "I totally get that" AND attempting to apologise for it. The cunt's lost it.
Ancient Sound, Modern Noise

Offline manc_don

• Administrator
  • Not a Jafa
« Reply #52 on: October 30, 2019, 07:51:17 PM »
Did anyone go to the Q&A yesterday?

Offline Ten Caat

• Midfield Maestro
« Reply #53 on: October 30, 2019, 08:06:43 PM »
Seen a few comments from someone that was there. Not a great deal of new info......season tickets (by about 1000) and DNA down on last season

most significant info.....McInnes got new contract on strength of a couple of senior players wanting assurances he would be there for the future prior to them extending contracts, One was obviously Lewis, debate about whether the other was Ferguson or Cosgrove

Stadium was mentioned as being 2022....Im presuming this means starts getting built but the loon never expanded just said "stadium 2022"

Offline Ten Caat

• Midfield Maestro
« Reply #54 on: October 31, 2019, 09:10:33 AM »
Bit more info from the Q + A

Cormack said that there is a height restriction imposed on the new stadium so the steepness (or lack of) of the stands is compromised. Stated that "safe standing" seating costs three times more than normal seating. Directly asked the attendees if they would prefer 20k all seated or smaller capacity (17-18k) with safe standing. Unanimous vote for smaller capacity with the safe standing. They've looked at Spurs ground and they like the idea of a supporters bar running the length of the north stand, access either by membership or extra payment on top of ticket price,

Offline redordead

• First Team
  • Rating: 6
« Reply #55 on: November 04, 2019, 07:31:42 PM »
It's all gone awfully quiet in the DMC debate. Yes the team have had a couple of reasonable results and sit 4th behind the might of Motherwell. However we have also been spanked by both sides of the old firm and despite what he says, I don't think fergie would have made any difference and we bottled it twice tactically.
The question is, have we decided that finishing ( hopefully) 3rd and maybe a cup semi if we avoid the OF is our goal from here on in?
For me nothing has changed, the team/management still lack the belief that they can match the OF on the day and we will continue to see these maulings going forward. God knows I've seen enough at the hands of celtic over the last few years.

im not naive enough to think that we should win the league but I have no interest in watching us in cup games v the OF (I know now dead) turning up and hoping not to lose rather than setting up to have a go. It's a horrible pattern of events. We've all seen it, camped on the 18yd line as they run 70yds at us and then were 2 down before we start playing.

I think that the new facilities etc have come at a good time for him but surely if we take another 2 beatings in the next round of games, wins at Hamilton etc aren't going to cut it.

Just my view but i just find it hard to see why everyone is positive again when in my view the eternal issue with DMC has been brutally highlighted over the last couple of weeks.

Offline Ten Caat

• Midfield Maestro
« Reply #56 on: November 04, 2019, 08:05:53 PM »
It is what it is...

I felt this season should have been the natural parting of ways with us and McInnes but he has the new contract and so is pretty much bulletproof unless, as I keep saying, he leads us into a relegation dogfight or the fans become so disenchanted after a long losing (or at least winless) streak that has crowds plunging to levels where we are losing money.

I also absolutely get what his supporters counteract with......that be careful what you wish for as we might end up with someone worse. Both Edinburgh clubs' supporters must be thinking right now that whoever they get in can only improve things. From the position they are in, it's probably true. From the position we are in....yeah there is no guarantee that any new manager could maintain us in 3rd/4th position. And without a massive injection of funds to the playing side certainly couldn't get us any higher in the league. I'd like to have seen us taking a gamble on a new man to freshen things up....the board took a different view and I understand why even if I disagree with it.

What will never change is that I'll never ever want us to lose a game just to see a manager sacked

Offline Elgindon

• Star Striker
  • Rating: 25
« Reply #57 on: November 04, 2019, 08:21:54 PM »
It's all gone awfully quiet in the DMC debate. Yes the team have had a couple of reasonable results and sit 4th behind the might of Motherwell. However we have also been spanked by both sides of the old firm and despite what he says, I don't think fergie would have made any difference and we bottled it twice tactically.
The question is, have we decided that finishing ( hopefully) 3rd and maybe a cup semi if we avoid the OF is our goal from here on in?
For me nothing has changed, the team/management still lack the belief that they can match the OF on the day and we will continue to see these maulings going forward. God knows I've seen enough at the hands of celtic over the last few years.

im not naive enough to think that we should win the league but I have no interest in watching us in cup games v the OF (I know now dead) turning up and hoping not to lose rather than setting up to have a go. It's a horrible pattern of events. We've all seen it, camped on the 18yd line as they run 70yds at us and then were 2 down before we start playing.

I think that the new facilities etc have come at a good time for him but surely if we take another 2 beatings in the next round of games, wins at Hamilton etc aren't going to cut it.

Just my view but i just find it hard to see why everyone is positive again when in my view the eternal issue with DMC has been brutally highlighted over the last couple of weeks.

Im not sure anyone is suddenly oversinging McInnes praises again.I thought we were ok v Killie,without firing on all cylinders.Killie were poor.
   Agree v the Old firm,if were going to get beat 4 and 5 nil,why not a different approach.Though I'm not sure he knows how to be any different.Any high scoring sides we have had seem to have been more about the mindset of a group of players at that time,rather than tactical nous
« Last Edit: November 04, 2019, 08:28:29 PM by Elgindon »

Online RicoS321

• Captain
  • Rating: 76
« Reply #58 on: November 04, 2019, 08:53:17 PM »

But this was always going to happen. We had one change things, and we didn't. The hun now have 2 AFCs to pick from, and it was completely predictable. We're witnessing 1995 - 2014 over again. We're living through the worst ever period in Scottish football, and AFC have sat on and watched and supported it. The hun are now two seasons in to a massive spending spree. This isn't just one season in the making, they've spent £10M+ for a few years now, with the tims more than matching. We're basically playing in an alternative league once again.

Everyone is playing exactly the same way against the scum, and most are taking a shoeing. They've both handed pretty much every team a tanking with only the occasional disruption, which always happens in a 38 game season. As for AFC specifically, we've depleted the quality of our squad for 3 seasons now and we simply cannot afford to go into a game against either team with a single player first team missing in order to be in with a chance because we're way behind in terms of ability (before getting into motivation, tactics etc).

I actually don't care that much, it is what it is. I don't really give a fuck about our games v the Tims, and the Huns games are heading that way too. I don't want us propping up their bought and paid for helicopter Sunday wankfest, giving it legitmacy that it doesn't deserve by turning out in spades for the opportunity to one day beat them. Fuck them.

Offline TheDeeDon

• First Team Regular
« Reply #59 on: November 05, 2019, 07:02:30 AM »
Well said Rico.

We are in the situation that our Chairman and a few others always wanted and they will be happy to see us spanked by the OF on a regular basis with the return of Helicopter Sundays being one that will see Milne and Co crack one off in the boardroom with exitement.

If we can beat most team below us, which we will most weeks, bar the usual blips and stay comfortable in the top 6 and get Euro qualifiers most years then McInnes has a job for life, another trophy win will get him the keys to the City.

I want to see McInnes gone, but really what for as we won't replace him with anyone with the balls to have a real go at the OF and break their dominance, it will just be more of the same at best or another few years trawling the bottom of the league.

The whole set up of our game is a mess.