Author Topic: McInnes & Docherty  (Read 11669 times)

Offline KennyFuckinPowers

• Star Striker
  • Rating: 14
  • 2 Kinds of trouble in this world, living, dying.
Re: McInnes & Docherty
« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2019, 02:41:29 PM »

Look here as well, minute 4.36 to 5.36, what has done to rectify this? Be honest with yourself when answering. He actually goes on to say as well, that " I know what needs to be done and where I want to improve on, I've probably known for a while now "

Last night could be classed as a similar situation I suppose, a handful of injuries and we didn't have the squad to cope, simple as that really, or, you could argue that we had enough quality on the pitch and were 2-1 up and minutes away from a Semi Final until our managers negativity came back to bite him in the arse.

It's a math class, the whole deal. Just like every math class, there's a clown in the front, and everybody hates this clown because he raises his hand, he's answering all the questions. What do we do? Move on. Just fucking move on, ready or not. He's deciding we got to move on, he knows his math, I hadn't even figured out about Santa Claus yet.

Offline Kowalski

• Global Moderator
  • Rating: -12
« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2019, 03:03:47 PM »
He might not be enjoying it but rightly or wrongly I feel he genuinely wants to be part of the new training facilities + stadium.

Offline manc_don

• Administrator
  • Rating: 78
  • Not a Jafa
« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2019, 09:19:53 PM »
If the DT fezbook comments are anything to go by, there seem to be a lot of deluded fans out there still.

Offline LA-Don

• Star Striker
  • Rating: 23
« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2019, 10:25:47 PM »
So why are people still positive for DM? Quality of football is so clearly shite and it’s clear we’re on the decline and have been for 2-3 years now. And based on the weekly performances I don’t know what the fuck we do in training. Zero quality and zero leadership on the park. A rudderless ship and have the players tuned out their buddy manager? One trophy in 6 years and ‘success’ in the league when everyone else around us was even shiter and broke. Now we’re just as bad and it’s 2 teams and everyone else in the league now. The quality of opponent is so poor in my eyes and on any given day we could win or lose to anyone outside the old firm. Just don’t see us touching either Celtic or Rangers this year. Our current league position masks how really shit we are and we’re running out of players. We’re only 8 points off bottom and while I don’t see us getting relegated I think bottom 6 isn’t out of the picture.

Is it fair to say that the DM supporters are ‘younger’ fans who grew up remembering us from early to mid 90s onwards when we were pish? My memories start 80/81 and I don’t see DM as a better manager than McNeill, Ferguson, Knox, Smith, Scott, maybe even Willie Miller.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2019, 10:36:34 PM by LA-Don »

Offline Ten Caat

• Midfield Maestro
  • Rating: 37
« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2019, 12:38:15 AM »
Totally agree about him not being as good as that list of managers...…….well perhaps Knox excepted. There are
 those who will say Miller won nothing and it is fair comment. However I think Miller's team would walk the league today by 10 points minimum and the football they played was a joy to watch into the bargain.

However we do live in changed times and I don't just see us not touching the arse cheeks this season...…..as things stand I don't see us touching them ever again. The financial gap is just too great. The SFA and SPFL have got what they want. When push comes to shove, they really couldn't give a shit about the rest of the clubs.

Offline kiriakovisthenewstrachan

• First Team
  • Rating: 10
« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2019, 09:08:03 AM »
Rose tinted spectacles coming to mind here with regards to some points in history.

My memories of Willie being in charge are of the club being doomed to a spell in the first division.  Aitken pulled off a houdini act by winning four of the last five games just to make the play off.  If WM had been left in charge we were down. 

Offline ayrshire_don74

• Star Striker
  • Rating: -135
« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2019, 10:26:39 AM »
Miller had 2 good seasons 92-93 , 93-94 , but inherited a very talented squad, then proceeded to turn gold into base metal by filling with shite

mckinnon, miller, kane, woodthorpe, inglis, hetherston
MR GRUMPY IS HERE

Offline Tyrant

• Administrator
  • Rating: 119
« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2019, 11:14:38 AM »
If the DT fezbook comments are anything to go by, there seem to be a lot of deluded fans out there still.

Same on Twitter. I was debating with some happy clapping Derek McInnes brown-nosers last night. I referred to Hearts as "the worst Hearts team in two decades". I was quickly reminded that they were in the Championship not so long ago which is correct, aye, but I'd fucking bet that they're every bit as bad right now if not worse.

"All of Scottish football is shite, not just us"
"We're still 3rd. Why do our fans have such a sense of entitlement?"
"Not the worst Hearts team in two decades"
"Why should we expect to win every game?"

Fucking second worse Hearts team in two decades then.  ::)

Doesn't wash for me. The technical side of our game is one thing but it's separate to the very real recent issue of mental weakness, being beaten before we take to the park and giving undeserving sides far too much respect (Rijeka, for example). We very rarely turn up in the big games. I've said it a million times. I don't expect to win every game but I do expect the team to play with heart and to have a proper fucking go. That hasn't happened very often recently and it's the manager's fault. It certainly appears that Rocket was on to something when he said that McInnes appears to not want to be here. Then fuck off eh.

Offline ayrshire_don74

• Star Striker
  • Rating: -135
« Reply #28 on: September 27, 2019, 11:26:41 AM »
think i saw that on my twitter feed.. no critical thinking, its a blip will come good, we have no devine right to expect to beat hearts...
MR GRUMPY IS HERE

Offline KennyFuckinPowers

• Star Striker
  • Rating: 14
  • 2 Kinds of trouble in this world, living, dying.
« Reply #29 on: September 27, 2019, 11:58:25 AM »
I have had many a dispute with the deluded cunts that think McInnes can do no wrong. One of them had an excellent argument " I have got more to worry about than the Dons, at least we beat the Huns 3 times last season "  :-\

Fuck off you odious wee wanker.

This is partially part of the problem as well, the odd result over the last 2 seasons has well and truly papered over alarming cracks, but some people are literally too thick to be able to think for themselves, Social media has well and truly opened my eyes to that.

The other one from the other night, and this got the old blood boiling was when someone posted the generic McInnes Oot tweet, this cretin wrote " Aye, because McInnes missed the Penalties didn't he " I mean come on to fuck, how stupid or completely oblivious can people be.

If you're on this Forum and think that it was you that tweeted those comments I have quoted above, then fuck you, cunts.
It's a math class, the whole deal. Just like every math class, there's a clown in the front, and everybody hates this clown because he raises his hand, he's answering all the questions. What do we do? Move on. Just fucking move on, ready or not. He's deciding we got to move on, he knows his math, I hadn't even figured out about Santa Claus yet.

Offline TheDeeDon

• First Team Regular
  • Rating: 18
« Reply #30 on: September 27, 2019, 12:31:23 PM »
There are a lot of Dons fans who don't go to games, who think by beating Rangers and finishing third in the league is as good as it gets. They also think that by getting rid of McInnes we will automatically be relegation fodder once again.

When you actually go and watch us play it can be a fairly tedious 90 minutes and often caused by the fact we set out not to get beat, rather than win, which really pisses me off. I understand "It's a result based business" but you have to entertain the folk who do turn up to watch them, it really grates when we defend against lesser teams and have everyone back at corners.

I still reckon the underlying reason is he doesn't really want to be here and I think the rot set in during Rangers bid for him at the end of 2017 and now he is just going through the motions, which is probably great for his bank balance but not so good on our eyes.

Offline Tyrant

• Administrator
  • Rating: 119
« Reply #31 on: September 27, 2019, 01:47:04 PM »
I have had many a dispute with the deluded cunts that think McInnes can do no wrong. One of them had an excellent argument " I have got more to worry about than the Dons, at least we beat the Huns 3 times last season "  :-\

Fuck off you odious wee wanker.

This is partially part of the problem as well, the odd result over the last 2 seasons has well and truly papered over alarming cracks, but some people are literally too thick to be able to think for themselves, Social media has well and truly opened my eyes to that.

The other one from the other night, and this got the old blood boiling was when someone posted the generic McInnes Oot tweet, this cretin wrote " Aye, because McInnes missed the Penalties didn't he " I mean come on to fuck, how stupid or completely oblivious can people be.

If you're on this Forum and think that it was you that tweeted those comments I have quoted above, then fuck you, cunts.

No but McInnes has the players so mentally fragile that they fucked it badly. Although to be fair there were Hearts fans waving scarves at them behind the goal.  ::) I hoped the days of that sort of thing were done after a wayward pie thrown by Dundee United fans at Tynecastle left Clangers completely unable to play against Dundee United ever again.

Offline LA-Don

• Star Striker
  • Rating: 23
« Reply #32 on: September 28, 2019, 05:08:44 PM »
The relationship is over. We’re clinging on to past memories but we’re done. The sooner we break up the better as the rot is clearing setting in. Has been for over 2 years.

We’ve also missed the boat on getting solid money for McKenna I think. If we’re shit when he returns, which I expect, his errors and such will be highlighted, and there will be more of them.

Sad to see on the park when we appear to be getting our shit together off the park.

Online baggy89

• Captain
  • Rating: 42
  • God forgives, I don't.
« Reply #33 on: September 28, 2019, 06:10:19 PM »
Badly missed Considine today.

Offline rocket_scientist

• Club Legend
  • Rating: -199
« Reply #34 on: September 30, 2019, 02:15:17 PM »
He might not be enjoying it but rightly or wrongly I feel he genuinely wants to be part of the new training facilities + stadium.

Who gives a fuck what he wants? And why would anyone care about being here when we open a new tin shed? His job is to get a team to produce on the park. He can't do it. He was never of the right winner mentality to achieve that and the arrogant weegie shithouse thought he would use us as a stepping stone to some other poor cunt paying him bigger wages to eventually work out what we should have seen all along. He's been found out. He's finished. Get rid of the cunt now.
Ancient Sound, Modern Noise

Offline manc_don

• Administrator
  • Rating: 78
  • Not a Jafa
« Reply #35 on: October 04, 2019, 08:09:30 PM »
Lay off the personal attacks please, Rocket.

Offline rocket_scientist

• Club Legend
« Reply #36 on: October 18, 2019, 06:57:45 AM »
There's always tears
There's always gonna be tears
There's always gonna be
Sha sha sha, sha sha sha
Sha sha sha, sha sha sha
Under the lamplight's faded career
Two men at a rickshaw pumping up a tyre
Tire and tire and tire and tire
Tire and tire and tire and tire

Some of you who know the excellent Fontaines DC will recognise these lyrics.

It's going to end in tears for McInnes and Docherty. Personally I think they've stopped pumping and after seven years have tired of pretending.

Offline Panda

• Under 21's
  • Rating: 6
« Reply #37 on: October 18, 2019, 01:57:00 PM »

There seems to be a groundswell of opinion amongst our support that his time is up.

Would guess the majority of the support still back him. Those that want him out are just far more vocal about it.

Offline DantheDon

• Bench Warmer
  • Rating: 1
« Reply #38 on: October 18, 2019, 02:10:46 PM »
I imagine there is a lot of people who are on the fence at this point. I'm not in favor of sacking him yet. But I would concede that we do need to improve. I can see that DM has flaws but I am not convinced that another manager could necessarily come in and do a better job.

My thinking is that we are in the middle of a re-building job. There has been a few reasonable quality additions over the summer but they will need time to gel together and the current injury situation is not helping. I hope that when/if Bryson gets up and running his experiance in the middle of the park will help some of the younger players develop.

Like I say I concede we need to do better as we have been going downhill for a while now and we need to arrest that. If there is no sign of improvement before the end of the season I think that would be the time to think about getting rid of McInnes.

Offline rocket_scientist

• Club Legend
« Reply #39 on: October 28, 2019, 08:46:37 AM »
Would guess the majority of the support still back him. Those that want him out are just far more vocal about it.

Given the semi final and the final v. the OF within the last 12 months, those who rate him are the more vocal. I couldn't believe you lot all singing for McInnes. Not only are you blind to human nature and ignorant of football, you give licence to Milne.

The damage they're doing to AFC is severe and may already be fatal. Who the fuck would want to come here now? You got the club you deserved, one that may never recover. Milne was the catastrophe but your being unable to see what he was doing was the bigger crime. His patent agenda was invisible to most of you "fans" for one of either two reasons; it was hidden by the "public incredulity" syndrome in that you didn't want to believe the truth or more likely, you were too stupid to see the signs over a period of over 25 years. It was sheep-like behaviour from the vast majority of you that sunk the ship.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2019, 08:48:47 AM by rocket_scientist »