Author Topic: Max Lowe  (Read 3725 times)

Offline rocket_scientist

• Club Legend
  • Rating: -192
Re: Max Lowe
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2019, 10:27:56 AM »
To be fair, Lowe looked utterly out of his depth in the 2 games he played.

You keep on repeating this but it's not true. The first half of his last game, he was sharp and the opposition got nothing going down their right wing. Max also created the best chance of the first half, almost single-handedly.
Ancient Sound, Modern Noise

Offline OxfordDon

• First Team Regular
  • Rating: 51
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2019, 12:04:16 PM »
Great news, hopefully Derby fans are so fickle that they write him off permanently after two games and he signs for us instead  ;)

Offline kiriakovisthenewstrachan

• First Team
  • Rating: 10
« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2019, 12:12:26 PM »
To be fair, Lowe looked utterly out of his depth in the 2 games he played. If Derby had been sitting mid table they might have stuck with him but they're going for promotion so need a proven player.

I didn't see any of his Derby performances so cannot comment on whether he was any good or not but your last sentence pretty much sums it up Ten Caat.  Unless a team is ever sitting mid table with nothing to play for, are youngsters ever going to get a chance to make a breakthrough??  The consensus seems to be that they are either too weak for a relegation battle or too inexperienced/inconsistent to get into a team challenging at the top.  It's ridiculous, fans are partly to blame because they want instant success and won't tolerate players having a few bad performances whilst they find their feet.

I do wonder though, reading yours and Rocket's differing views, were you guys actually watching the same game?   :rofl:

Online Ten Caat

• Midfield Maestro
  • Rating: 33
« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2019, 12:39:08 PM »
You keep on repeating this but it's not true. The first half of his last game, he was sharp and the opposition got nothing going down their right wing. Max also created the best chance of the first half, almost single-handedly.

100% of the Derby fans on their forums agree with my assessment. The Leeds winger had him on toast all game.

Offline rocket_scientist

• Club Legend
« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2019, 02:19:52 PM »
100% of the Derby fans on their forums agree with my assessment. The Leeds winger had him on toast all game.

I only watched the first half. I don't read other forums but whatever the Derby fans were saying, it doesn't alter the facts.

The FACTS are that Max Lowe didn't once get "roasted" by anyone. Leeds didn't create a single threat down their right wing. His only errors for the whole of the first half were three misplaced passes when he was attacking and even though a couple of them were shockers (but out of play in the Leeds half so no danger), they were no worse than the rest of the team who were collectively awful at finding their man, as the stats would no doubt prove. The best Derby chance of the first half came from some brilliant play by Lowe but the striker was so shit he couldn't control the great pass to him despite acres of space in the box.

There's something else going on. Lampard doesn't fancy him perhaps or doesn't think he's ready yet. I guess with all his management experience, he would know. He may well have had a bad second half but that night they were shite and well beaten by the better team, and Leeds were hardly impressive themselves. Thick cunts like to use scapegoats and Max may well be it. Is it cos he is black? Just joking. Even though Frank senior is/was a dinosaur cockney and the majority of that ilk are Alf Garnetts, that was a black herring in amongst my presentation of facts and speculations. But did you see the manager after they beat Southampton on pens? What a fud.

Delighted to have a player of Lowe's quality at AFC again but it has its yang. It means Shinnie won't be deployed in his best position and it further guarantees that we don't have a chance of winning the SPFL in May. No team ever won the league with such an ineffective midfield as we've got.

Offline tlg1903

• Captain
  • Rating: 52
« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2019, 02:41:13 PM »
I only watched the first half. I don't read other forums but whatever the Derby fans were saying, it doesn't alter the facts.

The FACTS are that Max Lowe didn't once get "roasted" by anyone. Leeds didn't create a single threat down their right wing. His only errors for the whole of the first half were three misplaced passes when he was attacking and even though a couple of them were shockers (but out of play in the Leeds half so no danger), they were no worse than the rest of the team who were collectively awful at finding their man, as the stats would no doubt prove. The best Derby chance of the first half came from some brilliant play by Lowe but the striker was so shit he couldn't control the great pass to him despite acres of space in the box.

There's something else going on. Lampard doesn't fancy him perhaps or doesn't think he's ready yet. I guess with all his management experience, he would know. He may well have had a bad second half but that night they were shite and well beaten by the better team, and Leeds were hardly impressive themselves. Thick cunts like to use scapegoats and Max may well be it. Is it cos he is black? Just joking. Even though Frank senior is/was a dinosaur cockney and the majority of that ilk are Alf Garnetts, that was a black herring in amongst my presentation of facts and speculations. But did you see the manager after they beat Southampton on pens? What a fud.

Delighted to have a player of Lowe's quality at AFC again but it has its yang. It means Shinnie won't be deployed in his best position and it further guarantees that we don't have a chance of winning the SPFL in May. No team ever won the league with such an ineffective midfield as we've got.

Aye this was my thought when i started hearing of derby fans dislike for lowe, i've been to derby and can confirm it's full of thick cunts  :D.  The boy has a bright future in my eyes and two games in a misfiring team is not enough to make a judgement.

Re Lampard himself though i've heard him speak a few times over the years and he's no fool.   Pretty sure i read an article a while back when he was at chelsea and it talked about the squad being given an iq test wiith Lampards being the highest by a mile.  Something in the 140-150 range if memory serves.  Also said he was tory but that's hardly a surprise. 

I know what you mean with the midfield, there's just no cutting edge.  We really miss Maclean and Christie, there's no one in the middle that can thread a pass at all.  Greg Stewart might be the best we can hope for this window, really scunnered we didn't go for Allan. 
Decided to start a football blog, feel free to have a read here.

http://foxintheboxon.blogspot.co.uk/?view=flipcard

Offline rocket_scientist

• Club Legend
« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2019, 03:13:54 PM »
I'm not saying Lampard is a fool. I'm saying he's a fud though. His ingratiating himself to the fans after the pens reminded me of Ronnie Deila. After mere weeks in management, either he or he's been convinced by his (many) backroom staff that Lowe's not ready. I don't think Max has been given a fair crack of that whip.

And 140-150 isn't exactly Mensa level.

Offline tlg1903

• Captain
  • Rating: 52
« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2019, 04:09:47 PM »
Anyone with the nickname lamps is always going to be a fud imo
Decided to start a football blog, feel free to have a read here.

http://foxintheboxon.blogspot.co.uk/?view=flipcard

Offline OxfordDon

• First Team Regular
« Reply #28 on: January 18, 2019, 07:51:52 PM »
I'm not saying Lampard is a fool. I'm saying he's a fud though. His ingratiating himself to the fans after the pens reminded me of Ronnie Deila. After mere weeks in management, either he or he's been convinced by his (many) backroom staff that Lowe's not ready. I don't think Max has been given a fair crack of that whip.

Depending on the type, standard IQ tests score between 132-148 for the 98th percentile (the minimum qualifying requirement for Mensa), so it is exactly Mensa level.

I agree with your other point though about Lowe not being given a proper chance, here's hoping Derby's loss is our gain.

Offline manc_don

• Administrator
  • Rating: 77
  • Not a Jafa
« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2019, 07:52:38 PM »

Well it is mensa level 😉

Edit. OD beat me to it

Offline rocket_scientist

• Club Legend
« Reply #30 on: January 18, 2019, 08:05:05 PM »
I sat the Mensa test 25 years ago. There was an advert in the P & J and I was curious so went along to the Station Hotel and endured a gruelling two hour test. It wasn't the subjects and the test that was hard. It was the fact we only had two hours to complete it and many after complained they never got near the end of it. That's just shit time management on their part but the fact that many/most/all (can't remember) of the questions had a multi choice option totally devalued it for me. I ended up getting a much higher score than Lamps and paid my £45 p.a. to become a member until after £500+ down, I realised it was a complete waste of time. I had never attended a meeting, had no intention of going so I was paying for a monthly magazine that was shit. Before I jacked it (I got an e-mail last week from Mensa trying to get me to pay them again), I went to Wagamamas in Union Square to attend this lunch gathering at 12 noon, having emailed my intention to do so. One look in the window and it was screamingly obvious who the Mensa cats were. My fixed mindset, my preconceptions and my instinct kicked in and I never went in. Fucking geeks united by nothing other than "passing" a multichoice "test".

Online wee toon red

• First Team Regular
  • Rating: 23
« Reply #31 on: January 18, 2019, 11:00:34 PM »
I sat the Mensa test 25 years ago. There was an advert in the P & J and I was curious so went along to the Station Hotel and endured a gruelling two hour test. It wasn't the subjects and the test that was hard. It was the fact we only had two hours to complete it and many after complained they never got near the end of it. That's just shit time management on their part but the fact that many/most/all (can't remember) of the questions had a multi choice option totally devalued it for me. I ended up getting a much higher score than Lamps and paid my £45 p.a. to become a member until after £500+ down, I realised it was a complete waste of time. I had never attended a meeting, had no intention of going so I was paying for a monthly magazine that was shit. Before I jacked it (I got an e-mail last week from Mensa trying to get me to pay them again), I went to Wagamamas in Union Square to attend this lunch gathering at 12 noon, having emailed my intention to do so. One look in the window and it was screamingly obvious who the Mensa cats were. My fixed mindset, my preconceptions and my instinct kicked in and I never went in. Fucking geeks united by nothing other than "passing" a multichoice "test".

“Humble brag”.
Can you blame the man for going out of his mind temporarily?

Offline OxfordDon

• First Team Regular
« Reply #32 on: January 19, 2019, 01:18:03 AM »

You actually paid over 500 quid to Mensa?  I guess that's one intelligence test you didn't pass  ;D

Offline rocket_scientist

• Club Legend
« Reply #33 on: January 19, 2019, 04:03:27 AM »
You actually paid over 500 quid to Mensa?  I guess that's one intelligence test you didn't pass  ;D

£45 a year for a dozen or so years. Worse, I paid fees to a professional association I had no intention of returning to for FIFTEEN years until I finally woke up in 2001.

Intelligence comes in many different guises. I'm a spastic at many things but I can pass a stupid wee test or got lucky with the multi choice answers once upon a time.

Offline manc_don

• Administrator
  • Rating: 77
  • Not a Jafa
« Reply #34 on: January 19, 2019, 05:28:32 AM »
Anyway, back on topic... :thumbsup:

It's not like he had much time to settle back into the team at Derby.  Took him a couple of games to get up to speed with us, so hardly surprising.  But their loss is definitely our gain.  Welcome back Lowe. Thrilled to have you back!

Offline OxfordDon

• First Team Regular
« Reply #35 on: January 19, 2019, 02:46:37 PM »
Straight back into the team for today

Offline BigAl

• SAGA Subscriber
  • Administrator
  • Rating: 204
« Reply #36 on: May 17, 2019, 06:29:36 AM »
Claims (without any attributed quotes) that Slippy G looking to hijack our bid to get Lowe back next season.

Steve warm his seat up

Offline TheDeeDon

• First Team Regular
  • Rating: 16
« Reply #37 on: May 17, 2019, 06:49:47 AM »
Claims (without any attributed quotes) that Slippy G looking to hijack our bid to get Lowe back next season.

I would like to think Max has a bit more about him now after being here a while and seeing how much we detest them.

Offline DantheDon

• Bench Warmer
  • Rating: 1
« Reply #38 on: May 17, 2019, 08:37:42 AM »
Will it be up to him though. Could be up to the club. Either way this is why we will struggle to compete with Rangers and Celtic. They will sign up all the talent in the league and bench them.

Offline baggy89

• Captain
  • Rating: 42
  • God forgives, I don't.
« Reply #39 on: May 17, 2019, 09:28:12 AM »

Course they are. They're obsessed with us. Which of our players have they not "been "linked with" since they first came into the league?