Author Topic: Alex Salmond  (Read 6591 times)

Offline Garlogie_Granite

• First Team Regular
  • Rating: 13
Re: Alex Salmond
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2018, 08:47:59 AM »
If he isn't a millionaire then he must spend cash like water. As First Minister he would have lived free of charge for 7 years. I think they even get housekeeping staff  thrown in, plus chauffeured around wherever he fancied. Essentially no living costs for 7 years whilst trousering his First Minister's salary. IIRC it was £125k when he started and he finished on over £140k.....thats well over £800k as it is. AS an MP/MSP for almost 29 years......and for 11 of those don't forget he doubled up...... he would not have been short of a bob or 2 certainly earning way over the national average probably nearer twice it.
Didn't double up, donated one salary wholly to charity. Still had his own house in Strichen to keep. Don't think the SNP took any of their pay rises either.

If you start doing a daily express counter, and go through back salaries, most of us could make millionaire, I'd be rather amazed if Salmond's net worth ran to 7 figures considering his charitable givings.

Offline Garlogie_Granite

• First Team Regular
  • Rating: 13
« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2018, 08:49:14 AM »
It’s his pension that he’s donating to charity.
There’s no doubt he’s loaded.
He will do yes, but while an MP/MSP he donated one salary wholly to charity, and while just an MSP also donated considerably.

Offline Kowalski

• Global Moderator
  • Rating: -17

Online RicoS321

• Captain
  • Rating: 75
« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2019, 03:37:53 PM »
14 charges. Impressive haul. Safe to say that he's fucked. Politically speaking.

Offline Kowalski

• Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2019, 03:55:22 PM »
It's a fair charge sheet, and very serious.
Lots of conspiracy theories from some happy clappers.

Offline rocket_scientist

• Club Legend
  • Rating: -194
« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2019, 06:04:47 PM »
I'm firmly in the "no smoke without fire" camp

On this occasion, I'm pretty certain that you're right, not that I have any insight into this particular case. The reason I think there is a good chance that he will be convicted is the sheer number of charges. I think we've got not just one woman coming forward but a multiple and whatever the circumstantial evidence might be and whatever defence counsel do to them in the witness box (as it may well be their word against his on each charge), the good old Moroov doctrine will kick in to bind them together.

No smoke without fire is a very dangerous cliche to follow though, particularly in the current era when smear campaigns are highly-developed strategies against political (and other) enemies. Having met Salmond though, and having watched his career over many years including numerous interviews, you get a feel for the man and my instinct is already screaming guilty. He's a fucking wank. Interesting times ahead.
Ancient Sound, Modern Noise

Offline tlg1903

• Captain
  • Rating: 52
« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2019, 08:35:31 PM »
Mcwhirter made a good point last week that gives me pause for thought.  "Alex Salmond is the most investigated politician in Britain. Every cheque-book hack, intelligence spook, disgruntled senior cop, political party spin-doctor...has been trying to pin something on him since 1990. BBC set up a unit into his "gambling debts" in late 90s. Nada"

Given this, why has nothing like this come to light before?  For example, Weinsteins sleazy ness was common knowledge in Hollywood.  I'm reserving any judgement until there are actual facts to consider.

Decided to start a football blog, feel free to have a read here.

http://foxintheboxon.blogspot.co.uk/?view=flipcard

Offline manc_don

• Administrator
  • Rating: 78
  • Not a Jafa
« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2019, 10:48:47 PM »
Personally, I think he looks like sleazeball and what I have read, i'm with TC.  Some people have that face, and he has it.

Not sure the comparison is equal though tlg.  Politicians hide anything and everything and know how to get the means to do it. Politics is very dirty world.

Offline TheDeeDon

• First Team Regular
  • Rating: 18
« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2019, 06:47:06 AM »
I'm not sure what to think of this news, just something about it doesn't sit right with me. I can't see how this sort of thing can be hidden for so long for a man who is always under investigation and I don't believe he had enough power/influence/money to keep this silent over the years.

Any future trial will be very interesting though.

Offline Kowalski

• Global Moderator
« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2019, 08:53:12 AM »
I can't imagine Westminister hiding it, it would have been whipped out (no puns) during IndyRef surely, as it is a huge smear.
Perhaps the Scottish Government supressed it.  Certainly Sturgeon appears to know a bit about it, and she's getting some criticism which I think is unfair (until we know all the facts).

There is always the consideration that it has simply taken this long to get a case together that the PF agreed can go to court.

Timeline and number of accusers will be interesting.

I'm in the "I wouldn't put it past him" camp.  He's always been a smug git, even yesterday, and a bit odious for me.

Offline bearsdenred

• Star Striker
  • Rating: 12
« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2019, 09:21:47 AM »
I can't imagine Westminister hiding it,
Perhaps the Scottish Government suppressed it.  Certainly Sturgeon appears to know a bit about it, and she's getting some criticism which I think is unfair (until we know all the facts).

I'm in the "I wouldn't put it past him" camp.  He's always been a smug git, even yesterday, and a bit odious for me.

I would take your comments regarding west minster governments and " hidding it"  they are WELL KNOWN to HIDE what they don't want the public to know.

Back in the 70's onwards there was rumours going around of a LOT of pedos hiding as politicians.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/mi5-helped-Margaret-thatcher-cover-6120006

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2015/mar/17/Westminster-child-abuse-paedophile-ring-failure

https://www.wessexscene.co.uk/politics/2014/07/17/thatchers-cabinet-minister-paedophile-cover-up/

Now that government at the time, TORY would have known dam well fine the tory BBC were at it as well. Jim will fix it ;) But they suppressed that information.

Not interested in why or what hes been arrested for, hes either guilty or not guilty we cant just ASSUME. Everyone in this country is innocent until proven guilty.

My question would be, WHY after his previous court case he was found not guilty there. Is this happening DURING the last few weeks before BREXIT.

Well its to get the public of Scotland to go against the SNP, Independance so the English can RAPE our resources and pay the ENGLISH the ££££££ they will need to survive after brexit.

Watch the nuke subs being moved so they can get access to the west coast of Scotlands OIL reserves.

Offline Elgindon

• Star Striker
  • Rating: 25
« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2019, 09:30:45 AM »
 Em, you just quite rightly said he's innocent until proven guilty,...and then went on to state as FACT the reason the case has been brought up was because(youve decided) he's not guilty,and that..."Well its to get the public of Scotland to go against the SNP, Independance so the English can RAPE our resources and pay the ENGLISH the ££££££ they will need to survive after brexit".

Lets just see how the case pans out first?     :o
« Last Edit: January 25, 2019, 08:14:43 PM by Elgindon »

Offline Tyrant

• Administrator
  • Rating: 118
« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2019, 09:58:28 AM »
Like some of you cunts I've met Salmond too but unlike you cunts I don't feel that was adequate to judge his guilt. I admit he's not an easy man to like and I admit that I disliked him for a long time too but it takes a level of naivety to automatically believe all this because he's a smug prick or because it suits your own political agenda. Salmond has made a career out of being a thorn in the side of Westminster and has shown that he's a danger to the political status quo in the south east. He wasn't a million miles away from breaking up what is an extremely lucrative Union for England and there's a lot to be gained by ending his career (which is the main aim with all this.) Like him or not he's a smart man. Too smart, in my opinion, to get all gropey and force himself on anyone when he has so much to lose. It doesn't make sense.

I'm worried that we won't hear "facts" or truths. Very difficult (impossible in fact) for a man like Salmond to get a fair trial.

Wonder what they'll pin on Sturgeon. The Krankie thing is hilarious and all  ::) but something a bit more powerful will be needed for when they decide to get her. In simpler times we could have just hung, drawn and quartered the cunts.

Offline Kowalski

• Global Moderator
« Reply #33 on: January 25, 2019, 11:23:36 AM »

I would take your comments regarding west minster governments and " hidding it"  they are WELL KNOWN to HIDE what they don't want the public to know.

Back in the 70's onwards there was rumours going around of a LOT of pedos hiding as politicians.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/mi5-helped-Margaret-thatcher-cover-6120006

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2015/mar/17/Westminster-child-abuse-paedophile-ring-failure

https://www.wessexscene.co.uk/politics/2014/07/17/thatchers-cabinet-minister-paedophile-cover-up/

I'm well aware of this but you've missed my point.  The above is about Westminister covering up Westminster, why would they cover up for the SNP/Scottish Government?  Especially in today's political climate.

My question would be, WHY after his previous court case he was found not guilty there. Is this happening DURING the last few weeks before BREXIT.

Which previous court case are you referring to?

Well its to get the public of Scotland to go against the SNP, Independance so the English can RAPE our resources and pay the ENGLISH the ££££££ they will need to survive after brexit.

Watch the nuke subs being moved so they can get access to the west coast of Scotlands OIL reserves.

Jesus wept.

Offline rocket_scientist

• Club Legend
« Reply #34 on: January 25, 2019, 12:08:39 PM »
It's a high profile case, nobody can know what the outcome will be and nobody has said that he WILL be convicted. Yet it's impossible for him to get a fair trial? Salmond specifically stated he has faith in the Scottish justice system. The only certainty some are putting forward is that the whole thing is a stitch up, designed to "end his career". I wonder what they know to state with such confidence that he's not guilty?

For me, another factor to suggest that he is going to be found guilty is his own language. He's denying the "criminality" of his actions, thereby acknowledging that he has done something inappropriate, obviously, as you and I don't get charged with attempted rapes and other sexual offences every day of the week. He's already thinking ahead. He's preparing his defences in the public domain. The man doth protest too much. I think he will get a fair trial, I think he'll be convicted and the most interesting aspect will be the sentence given.

The identity of the complainants are surprisingly slow to come out. That's another factor which will have a big influence on the case and will suggest if there is any possibility of a stitch up or not. Whilst the establishment have history of ruining and even ending a man's life unfairly and abhorrently, this isn't the occasion in my opinion.

Offline Tyrant

• Administrator
« Reply #35 on: February 05, 2019, 11:28:12 AM »
It's a high profile case, nobody can know what the outcome will be and nobody has said that he WILL be convicted. Yet it's impossible for him to get a fair trial?

Correct. This is a high profile man with powerful enemies who the establishment are terrified of. The justice system is mostly made up of establishmentarians. Thus making it extremely unlikely that he'll get a fair trial IMO.

I wonder what they know to state with such confidence that he's not guilty?

The opposite of what you know to state so confidently that he's guilty.

Offline rocket_scientist

• Club Legend
« Reply #36 on: February 05, 2019, 12:47:55 PM »
Correct. This is a high profile man with powerful enemies who the establishment are terrified of. The justice system is mostly made up of establishmentarians. Thus making it extremely unlikely that he'll get a fair trial IMO.

The opposite of what you know to state so confidently that he's guilty.

If you read properly, you will find that the ONLY person on this thread who has already come to a conclusion is you.

And a pretty remarkable conclusion it is too.

Remember to discern between speculations on his possible guilt and actually saying that he is not guilty, as you maintain.

You say that it is "impossible" for him to get a fair trial. Do your paranoid reasons for the case being brought include that these women just made it up, or in your fantasy world are they being paid a lot of money to make up these complaints? The evidence hasn't even been heard yet and you have convinced yourself that he's not guilty?

How does a fair trial become impossible? Alex Salmond stated that the trusts the Scottish legal system which is what we might expect an innocent man to say, but it is also something a guilty politician might say so there's nothing to be gained by seeking to understand his motives for saying it but why do you not trust the system?

How is it even possible to skew the justice system? Will "the establishment" threaten and coerce Salmond's defence counsel? Will the jury be pressurised and similarly nobbled? Will the procurator fiscal be briefed with a killer argument, one that overrides the facts and evidence presented? What the fuck are you talking about man?

Online RicoS321

• Captain
  • Rating: 75
« Reply #37 on: February 05, 2019, 01:12:58 PM »
If you read properly, you will find that the ONLY person on this thread who has already come to a conclusion is you.

Remember to discern between speculations on his possible guilt and actually saying that he is not guilty, as you maintain.

You say that it is "impossible" for him to get a fair trial. Do your paranoid reasons for the case being brought include that these women just made it up, or in your fantasy world are they being paid a lot of money to make up these complaints? The evidence hasn't even been heard yet and you have convinced yourself that he's not guilty?

How does a fair trial become impossible? Alex Salmond stated that the trusts the Scottish legal system which is what we might expect an innocent man to say, but it is also something a guilty politician might say so there's nothing to be gained by seeking to understand his motives for saying it but why do you not trust the system?

How is it even possible to skew the justice system? Will "the establishment" threaten and coerce Salmond's defence counsel? Will the jury be pressurised and similarly nobbled? Will the procurator fiscal be briefed with a killer argument, one that overrides the facts and evidence presented? What the fuck are you talking about man?

Good points. Tyrant, if yer going to suggest "establishment" conspiracies, then at least back it up. The only possible way I can think that the justice system could intervene is by refusing witnesses, or certain evidence to be heard. None of that, however, will make the testimonies of the alleged victims any less true or false.

The annoying thing is, is that there is an establishment, and our political system is corrupted (including at Holyrood, as Salmond's interactions with Trump showed) and infiltrated throughout by money. There are a huge number of credible avenues to look down for evidence of this. Why choose something so remarkably uncontentious? It's just a manny who may or my not have done something that many mannies in his position have done before. Stop elevating him to some level of importance beyond that which he once represented. The ideas of independence are not in any way reliant on one individual. This constant need for a "leader" or single person that who we can follow toward freedom (or whatever) is like a form of mass-patheticism. Independence is just something that he was a temporary salesman for. If he turns out to be a dick, then we just get another salesman.

Offline Tyrant

• Administrator
« Reply #38 on: February 06, 2019, 09:07:20 AM »

Please to be advising where I said he wasn't guilty. Did you read properly?

What kind of naive tit genuinely has complete faith in the justice system? Corruption is commonplace everywhere so why not here? Or is this not a possibility? I have literally seen someone falsely convicted with my own eyes. Knowing the facts and having faith is all well and good but a guilty verdict was still returned. Why that was I can only speculate. But that's a man's life more or less ruined. Did they bully the lawyers or the jury? Only a fly on the wall or someone with full vision of every piece of the jigsaw would know that. Bottom line is incorrect verdicts are a reality. Was OJ really innocent? Was Brendan Dassey really guilty? If Salmond has faith then good for him. I really hope this one is proved beyond doubt either way.

Offline rocket_scientist

• Club Legend
« Reply #39 on: February 06, 2019, 09:15:06 AM »

Please to be advising where I said he wasn't guilty. Did you read properly?

What kind of naive tit genuinely has complete faith in the justice system? Corruption is commonplace everywhere so why not here? Or is this not a possibility? I have literally seen someone falsely convicted with my own eyes. Knowing the facts and having faith is all well and good but a guilty verdict was still returned. Why that was I can only speculate. But that's a man's life more or less ruined. Did they bully the lawyers or the jury? Only a fly on the wall or someone with full vision of every piece of the jigsaw would know that. Bottom line is incorrect verdicts are a reality. Was OJ really innocent? Was Brendan Dassey really guilty? If Salmond has faith then good for him. I really hope this one is proved beyond doubt either way.

You said the charges didn't make sense. You said he's a smart man, too smart to grope. You said it was impossible for him to get a fair trial. Yes I did read properly. You can't take back your words.

I too have seen wrongful convictions, almost always police lying in court. But this won't have any police witnesses, it will be the retired elder statesman's words against those of the women he affronted. Once again, why have you already made determinations that a) he's too "smart" to grope, and b) this particular trial will be an affront to truth and justice?