Author Topic: mikey devlin  (Read 6418 times)

Offline A llad insane

• First Team
  • Rating: 10
Re: mikey devlin
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2018, 07:58:28 PM »
Agreed Devlin looks every inch an international player.

Offline Lencarl

• First Team Regular
  • Rating: 5
« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2018, 12:18:39 PM »
Aberdeen will appeal against the red card shown to defender Michael Devlin early in Saturday's 2-0 defeat to Kilmarnock."It is debatable to say the least," said Dons manager Derek McInnes of the dismissal after the match at Pittodrie."We are disappointed with some of the decisions. It is tough when you go down to 10 men so early on."

There is an image on the go of Eamonn Brophy pulling the shirt of Devlin BEFORE he went down.

If this red card is upheld the corrupt folk at the SFA/SPFL will be there for all to see.
NEVER plan ahead.

Offline Jussi

• Under 16's
  • Rating: 0
« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2018, 11:20:11 AM »

Offline Chris Frae Killie

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2018, 02:52:14 PM »
Especially after Steven Naismith of Hearts and Alan MacGregor of Rangers BOTH not being cited for kicking out at opposition players when the video footage is there for all to see!

I am not sure Devlin will get off with this to be honest. I am not 100% sure what the rules are exactly. My understanding is, that you can't look at an incident and say he was fouled first (common sense I know ??? :hammer:). I think the review will be solely based on - did Devlin foul Brophy - yes or no? If it is not clear that he didn't (which in my opinion it is not) then the red card will be upheld. It has to be clear that there has been an error on the referees part (with regards to the foul by Devlin), if it is not a clear error then they won't rescind it. Absence of proof of foul play is not a reason to rescind.

You would like to think common sense will prevail and they will rescind it but I am not overly confident in the SFA judicial panel's ability to see common sense! :dunno:

Offline RicoS321

• Captain
  • Rating: 73
« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2018, 03:51:34 PM »
Especially after Steven Naismith of Hearts and Alan MacGregor of Rangers BOTH not being cited for kicking out at opposition players when the video footage is there for all to see!

Those aren't red cards in the rules anymore (see my post on the hun thread). Neither Morelos's

I am not sure Devlin will get off with this to be honest. I am not 100% sure what the rules are exactly. My understanding is, that you can't look at an incident and say he was fouled first (common sense I know ??? :hammer:). I think the review will be solely based on - did Devlin foul Brophy - yes or no? If it is not clear that he didn't (which in my opinion it is not) then the red card will be upheld. It has to be clear that there has been an error on the referees part (with regards to the foul by Devlin), if it is not a clear error then they won't rescind it. Absence of proof of foul play is not a reason to rescind.

That sounds more like VAR rules than panel rules. I think the panel can take a more in depth view as they're not there to correct in real time. You could be right with your first part, however if it is deemed that Devlin wouldn't have been behind the player if he hadn't been pulled back himself then that could come in to it. I thought Thompson was fucking atrocious at the weekend, and I genuinely think it was arrogance and personality that led him to his red card decision. I could see his reasoning, and it could very much have been read the way that he read it, but I would think that 80-90% of refs in Scotland would have given the yellow card in that instance without cause for complaint/citation. After the pull on Devlin, Brophy is at a standing start from 30 yards going toward the corner, rather than the centre, of the box in a straight line (i.e. his first touch would have had to have been a turn toward goal rather than a shot/clear opportunity). I'm 100% certain that we'd have had a player back in time.

I think that the panel will have overturned too many decisions already and will feel obliged to retain one, and Devlin will be suspended. I've looked out a pretty good jobby that I've been saving in the freezer for this type of occasion and I'll be addressing to the SFA on confirmation of that suspension.

Offline Lencarl

• First Team Regular
« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2018, 12:23:11 PM »
The club has this morning received confirmation it has been unsuccessful with the appeal for the red card shown to Michael Devlin last weekend.
We are extremely disappointed with this outcome, which will now mean Michael misses our important league match against St Johnstone after the international break.
The club will be making no further comment.

Not unexpected, but fans across the country are saying it is unacceptable that the club will be making no further comment. Dignified silence no longer works in Scottish football.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2018, 12:58:32 PM by Lencarl »
NEVER plan ahead.

Offline Jute

• Club Legend
  • Rating: 17
« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2018, 01:04:04 PM »
With Devlin suspended and Reynolds and Hoban out with long term injuries it will mean we will be down to Ball and Considine as centre halfs against St if McKenna is not ready to return.

Offline ayrshire_don74

• Star Striker
  • Rating: -113
« Reply #27 on: September 05, 2018, 01:13:40 PM »
maybe need a lunatic club group like club 1872 to threaten and intimidate officials and the like
MR GRUMPY IS HERE

Offline RicoS321

• Captain
« Reply #28 on: September 05, 2018, 01:42:51 PM »
Not unexpected, but fans across the country are saying it is unacceptable that the club will be making no further comment. Dignified silence no longer works in Scottish football.

Is there any evidence that the opposite works?

Will be interesting to see what the club put forward as reasoning (link below to SFA page where it'll appear in the next week). The visible tug from Brophy surely undermines the decision? There can be no argument that it affected Devlin and thus he brought down Brophy. The only argument could be that the player still knowingly brought down the player who was through on goal (he wasn't) and so regardless of previous contact he still made a red card challenge. However, there is precedent in the Morelos case that would confirm that previous incident can be used in defence of the accused:

That  was  given  credence  by  the  video  footage  which  clearly  shows  both incidents before the particular action of the Player and the outcome of it. The video footage shows an earlier barge on the Player that the Tribunal believe, had it been noted it would have been acted upon

I don't see any circumstance in which Devlin's red should not have been rescinded if we put forward the argument that Brophy pulled him back first (accepting that the ref didn't/couldn't have seen this).

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish-fa/football-governance/disciplinary/disciplinary-updates/

Offline Lencarl

• First Team Regular
« Reply #29 on: September 05, 2018, 02:20:00 PM »
Is there any evidence that the opposite works?

The Rangers and their playing staff give their opinions at every available opportunity on every decision that goes against them.

This seems to work as most are overturned and it also keeps their fans onside.

There is no football club in the World that would get off with the statements that they make on a regular basis.

Response from the SFA/SPFL...…..silence.

All what Scottish fans want  is a level playing field.

NEVER plan ahead.

Offline RicoS321

• Captain
« Reply #30 on: September 05, 2018, 02:33:57 PM »

The Rangers and their playing staff give their opinions at every available opportunity on every decision that goes against them.

There is no football club in the World that would get off with the statements that they make on a regular basis.

I don't think that's evidence.

Offline Lencarl

• First Team Regular
« Reply #31 on: September 05, 2018, 03:22:34 PM »
I don't think that's evidence.

In your honest opinion do you believe that certain clubs in the SPFL are treaded more fairly than others by the SFA/SPFL.
NEVER plan ahead.

Offline RicoS321

• Captain
« Reply #32 on: September 05, 2018, 03:52:17 PM »
In your honest opinion do you believe that certain clubs in the SPFL are treaded more fairly than others by the SFA/SPFL.

In terms of decisions by refs and the overturning of those decisions? No, I think it's fairly balanced.

I think the entire setup of Scottish fitba is designed to the betterment of two teams, but I don't think that the refs/panels are against us. Nor do I think they are pro anyone shouting loudest.

Offline Lencarl

• First Team Regular
« Reply #33 on: September 05, 2018, 04:44:30 PM »
In terms of decisions by refs and the overturning of those decisions? No, I think it's fairly balanced.

I think the entire setup of Scottish fitba is designed to the betterment of two teams, but I don't think that the refs/panels are against us. Nor do I think they are pro anyone shouting loudest.

All about opinions.

There is now way to prove that the SFA/SPFL and Ref Panels are biased towards the Glasgow Two but most Scottisn football fans believe ( like myself ) that important decisions always seem to go their way. Is it coincidence?..... I think not.

NEVER plan ahead.

Offline Ten Caat

• Midfield Maestro
  • Rating: 32
« Reply #34 on: September 05, 2018, 05:00:52 PM »
With Devlin suspended and Reynolds and Hoban out with long term injuries it will mean we will be down to Ball and Considine as centre halfs against St if McKenna is not ready to return.

Or we could sign a free agent.......Steven Caulker is available.......and we instantly are covered for when McKenna leaves in January

Offline Orion

• Under 16's
  • Rating: 2
« Reply #35 on: September 05, 2018, 06:11:12 PM »

This 100%.

Offline A llad insane

• First Team
  • Rating: 10
« Reply #36 on: September 05, 2018, 07:40:14 PM »
Been going to Pittodrie for 50 years now, but really now starting to think 'what's the point', the game is full of corruption.  Was always obvious the beaks favoured 2 teams, but this has moved onto another level. :frown:

Offline Elgindon

• Star Striker
  • Rating: 23
« Reply #37 on: September 05, 2018, 08:07:28 PM »

Theres always the option of resigning from the league and starting a new league,like we should have done at the time of Doncaster-gate IMO. If we can get 20'000 at Easter road for an also ran battle last saturday,what would we get if it was a league title challenge....(Aye ok,20'000 because it only holds 20'000   :thumbsup:)

Scottish fitba was dying a death pre 2012,and will do again,assuming the scum continue to progress.

Offline RicoS321

• Captain
« Reply #38 on: September 05, 2018, 08:46:26 PM »
Theres always the option of resigning from the league and starting a new league,like we should have done at the time of Doncaster-gate IMO. If we can get 20'000 at Easter road for an also ran battle last saturday,what would we get if it was a league title challenge....(Aye ok,20'000 because it only holds 20'000   :thumbsup:)

Scottish fitba was dying a death pre 2012,and will do again,assuming the scum continue to progress.

Exactly this. We had ample opportunity to change that. That voting decision by Milne will go down as the worst in the history of the club and possibly Scottish fitba. Lickspittlery at its finest.

Offline Barcosente

• Under 21's
  • Rating: 3
« Reply #39 on: September 06, 2018, 11:10:16 AM »
I think too much focus on this incident has been placed on the tug on Devlin's shirt before Devlin tugged Brophie's.

As I see it, the red was given because the ref deemed Devlin to be the last man.
The concern that the decision was upheld by the comittee, based on this part of the incident alone rather than the "was Shay Logan actually the last man" part is worrying.
The fact that we can see Logan in the picture and as a result could actually be deemed to be the last man, casts the decision of the ever incompetent egotistical Thomson into a grey area and would then put doubt on the decision to award a red card to Devlin.

The committee in my opinion failed to agree on the main issue, and given that a "3 for 3" agreement is required to overturn the referees verdict, it may be that we are in for a long hard season, because there will be plenty more to come.

For what it's worth, I do think that match officials have a hard job these days and at times are not all singing off the same hymn sheet due to all not being fully conversant with the letter of the law...........which is a sad indictment of the Scottish game and our lawyers and bankers officials.

Every club asks for a fair crack of the whip, but inconsistent decision making makes that unlikely.

As for the setup favouring the 2 favourite Glasgow clubs, it has always been thus.
No one can tell me that a referee or linesman ( I'm old school), isn't going to be influenced by 40 or 50 thousand Weegies ( or Irish if you prefer) calling for a penalty.

in my opinion, the beeks at the SFA are similarly influenced by the way too powerful voices at those two clubs, running scared of making decisions against them.
The rest of the other clubs are easy targets therefore.

We were warned by one of the esteemed members of the buyable SFA board that "football armageddon is coming".
This is just the start folks and the two colours that will be left standing are green and blue unless we do something now.