Wednesday 1 May 2024:  kick-off 7.05pm

Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Good Karma????

SeeBass

Just wanted to share this wee story from the weekend.

THE OLD LADY WAS RIGHT ALL ALONG!!! 
(Please share so we can maybe let below person know!)

I write this post not to show off but to remind myself that one day somebody wished me well after one helped them out.

Took a trip into Berwick-upon-Tweed Friday evening so could have a small flutter on the ITV Racing Sunday Series from Pontefract where they were showing whole seven race card.

Put my money down then went to train station where the Pingo bus would be coming to take me home.

While waiting for Pingo bus to arrive I got chatting to an older lady outside station front entrance who was shocked she'd have to pay £25 for a taxi to Chirnside.  She'd spent about eight hours travelling up from Hampshire for a family wedding on Saturday.

Her two sons were suppose to be picking her up at station as they were coming up in their car but there had been a couple of nasty accidents on motorway and they didn't know how long they'd be.

I suggested we might be able to get her on my disabled bus pass on Pingo bus as it went past Chirnside on way to Duns as one could have 'a carer' with me.

Said to her it would save her wasting money on a taxi especially if she didn't know how long her kids would be.  Plus didn't want her being left on one's own as was getting dark soon.  So many dodgy folk going around even in a place like Berwick-upon-Tweed I added.  

Understandably Pingo driver couldn't let her on bus using my disabled bus pass as she wasn't going to Duns with me plus they had only a record of me getting on at station.  

However if she paid a £4 fare to Chirnside he would let her on.  This old lady was more than happy to pay that amount and so both of us sat down ready for bus to leave.

She got on her phone to family in Chirnside to say some 'nice young chap' had helped her get a bus to Chirnside and to let her two sons know they were just to head for the house in Chirnside.

We chatted about why I'd been in Berwick-upon-Tweed among other stuff on short journey together.  She was told by the family member on phone to get off at Co-op stop.  As she did one said the following:

"Well son thank you for all your help.  I hope you win loads of money on the horses."

I replied;

"I don't do it to make money.  I just like a quiet and simple life and it just so happens that ITV are showing the whole card from Pontefract which means I can sit in peace in the privacy of my own home and watch it all unfold.  I'm not that lucky anyhow."

She then went:

"Well don't matter if you're lucky or not you deserve to be rewarded for how you've helped me out. Best of luck and remember YOU WILL BE WINNING on Sunday evening."

Well from six races I had a second 'One Evening' (17/2) and THREE WINNERS 'Blow Your Horn' (16/5)2FAV, 'Derry Lad' (14/1) and 'Shalaa Asker' (20/1) making Lee a nice £205 profit.   

Think I'll give it to The Margaret Kerr Unit that looked after my Mam in her final few days who passed away from primary Lung secondary Brain cancer April 10th 2013 55 days after diagnosis and edge me closer to that £10K target.

To finish what I will say is we would like to think that whatever good you put out in the world does eventually work it way back to you as an individual.

Maybe the luck earlier was a little slice of my payback. I'd like to think so anyhow.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, SeeBass said:

To finish what I will say is we would like to think that whatever good you put out in the world does eventually work it way back to you as an individual.

Great story Lee

I'm a great believer in the part I've quoted.

• Like 1