Saturday 4 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v St Johnstone

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Josh Walker Retirement

I just wanted to make a point of acknowledging Josh's official retirement from playing aged 34 years old after winning the league with Dunbar United who play less than half an hour from me in Duns.

The New Countess Park side announced on their Facebook page the following statement last night;

https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=671901238283697&set=a.424787032995120

I will forever be grateful for his and Sone Aluko's goals as teenagers against Bayern Munich in UEFA Cup Last 32 First Leg tie at Pittodrie as that same morning I became a published short stories author when 'Hemiplegic Utopia' was released. 

We came up on train that Valentine's Day to celebrate our achievement but could never have envisaged drawing 2-2 with seventh richest club in the world at time.

The fact he has hung up his boots so close to me makes one wonder whether my fifteen year journey with Josh was just meant to be.

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=743291119454779

Bayern.jpg

• Like 2

Saw that online earlier today.

Shame he never really made it any higher in football but will always be remembered for THAT goal, particularly by those of us that were there to witness it live.

Did you get the chance to go and watch him play for Dunbar ?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BigAl said:

Saw that online earlier today.

Shame he never really made it any higher in football but will always be remembered for THAT goal, particularly by those of us that were there to witness it live.

Did you get the chance to go and watch him play for Dunbar ?

Injuries buggered him. When he was at Edinburgh City they had interest from a premier league club but got injured again just before transfer window opened. Think that seems to be story of his career. 

SeeBass if you get a chance well worth getting yourself up to Dunbar. They have made major improvements to the ground in last couple of years and got a small stand now. Great pies as well.