Jump to content

Wednesday 29th May 2024

Scottish League Cup Group Stage Draw - 1pm

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Stadium Improvements?


Recommended Posts

Can somebody explain to me what is exactly happening in terms of stadium improvements.

 

Have I heard right but is there going to be flashing electronic advertisement boards going round the pitch itself?

 

If so that is not going to help myself as they can be very dangerous for having epilepsy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, SeeBass said:

Can somebody explain to me what is exactly happening in terms of stadium improvements.

 

Have I heard right but is there going to be flashing electronic advertisement boards going round the pitch itself?

 

If so that is not going to help myself as they can be very dangerous for having epilepsy.

From what was said at the Q&A recently they are putting in a LED display that you won’t see from South Stand to be used as score board and to let fans know when a VAR check is underway. The electronic advertising boards are already in place and don’t think I have noticed them flashing. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hampden yesterday was probably the first time I've noticed inappropriately bright and flashy advertising boards at a Scottish game. I don't know if it was just the camera angle or the particular adverts, but they were really off putting. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, RicoS321 said:

Hampden yesterday was probably the first time I've noticed inappropriately bright and flashy advertising boards at a Scottish game. I don't know if it was just the camera angle or the particular adverts, but they were really off putting. 

Vaguely remember them at the semi final last season? Maybe a viaplay thing? 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, SeeBass said:

If these advertising boards were in operation from 2019-2020 season when I was last at Pittodrie they really messed with my vision because of our epilepsy.  So bloody distracting.

Definitely noticed them last season,not sure they were as far back as '19/'20.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 05/06/2023 at 05:01, Jute said:

From what was said at the Q&A recently they are putting in a LED display that you won’t see from South Stand to be used as score board and to let fans know when a VAR check is underway. The electronic advertising boards are already in place and don’t think I have noticed them flashing. 

So, much of the crowd will know what the score is without checking the Beeb web app? It'll never catch on 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Jute said:

Also saw pictures of the work on the new scoreboard in the South yesterday but can’t find them now. 

Rumour has it that after the 9-0 scoreline at Turra the other week, the football monitoring board felt the scoreboard needed to be made a priority so that we can keep track of the mountainous number of goals the team will be racking up during the coming weeks 😉

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, Jute said:

Details of changes to ground for next season. 

"Whilst we hope the changes above will help continue the upwards trajectory of our home attendances and drive-up revenues, it is also our intention to hold discussions with some of our SPFL Premiership colleagues about reciprocal allocations in hope of a fair and equitable number for our brilliant away supporters. The outcome of that will play one part in the away allocations we set at Pittodrie going forward" 

 

I've been saying this for years!  Hope we ram this right down the huns throat. The tribute act give away 900 seats to away fans gibe or take, that works out at about 1.7% of the ground. I would love to us give them the same (355 seats) when they come to us. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, tlg1903 said:

"Whilst we hope the changes above will help continue the upwards trajectory of our home attendances and drive-up revenues, it is also our intention to hold discussions with some of our SPFL Premiership colleagues about reciprocal allocations in hope of a fair and equitable number for our brilliant away supporters. The outcome of that will play one part in the away allocations we set at Pittodrie going forward" 

 

I've been saying this for years!  Hope we ram this right down the huns throat. The tribute act give away 900 seats to away fans gibe or take, that works out at about 1.7% of the ground. I would love to us give them the same (355 seats) when they come to us. 

In the ideal world, I would rather give them fuck all. 

Dirty bigoted unemployable inbred fuckers the lot of them 

For the avoidance of any doubt, I'm not keen on them 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, tlg1903 said:

"Whilst we hope the changes above will help continue the upwards trajectory of our home attendances and drive-up revenues, it is also our intention to hold discussions with some of our SPFL Premiership colleagues about reciprocal allocations in hope of a fair and equitable number for our brilliant away supporters. The outcome of that will play one part in the away allocations we set at Pittodrie going forward" 

 

I've been saying this for years!  Hope we ram this right down the huns throat. The tribute act give away 900 seats to away fans gibe or take, that works out at about 1.7% of the ground. I would love to us give them the same (355 seats) when they come to us. 


I would be very surprised if Rangers or Celtic were who they were referring to. Rangers aren't going to give us a bigger allocation than they give to Celtic, and even if they did then we'd have to take a 2500 allocation apparently which we probably wouldn't sell as it's an away fixture many avoid.

Would imagine it's Hearts and Hibs. We're not going to let Hearts have 1500 tickets here if they're giving us 600 there.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Panda said:

I'm very much for big away supports, no matter who it is.

This whole cutting away supports thing is total shite.

To be honest, given my location  I attend more away games than home so I should be in favour of away supporters getting a decent allocation, but why should I want Huns, Tim's and Diet Huns getting access to my club's ground when I can't get into theirs, so again fuck them 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Panda said:


I would be very surprised if Rangers or Celtic were who they were referring to. Rangers aren't going to give us a bigger allocation than they give to Celtic, and even if they did then we'd have to take a 2500 allocation apparently which we probably wouldn't sell as it's an away fixture many avoid.

Would imagine it's Hearts and Hibs. We're not going to let Hearts have 1500 tickets here if they're giving us 600 there.

I know the huns aren't gonna give us that, they have already sold the seats.  Regardless though why the fuck should we give them near ten percent of our stadium when they give us less than two of theirs?  I've seen the usual online about the money you get from selling out an away end to the ugly sisters.  Fair point but it doesn't take into account their away support is a fucking nightmare to police.  Any loss of ticket revenue would likely be more than compensated by the greatly reduced policing costs and the extra sales to home fans.  All that said it would be worth doing for the seethe from the cunts alone.  It would be fucking glorious! 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, BigAl said:

To be honest, given my location  I attend more away games than home so I should be in favour of away supporters getting a decent allocation, but why should I want Huns, Tim's and Diet Huns getting access to my club's ground when I can't get into theirs, so again fuck them 

I'm not suggesting we give teams more than they give us, I'm saying the whole cutting away supports across the board is rubbish. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, BigAl said:

In the ideal world, I would rather give them fuck all. 

Dirty bigoted unemployable inbred fuckers the lot of them 

For the avoidance of any doubt, I'm not keen on them 

 

Nae like you to sit on the fence, Al!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...