Wednesday 1 May 2024:  kick-off 7.05pm

Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Shite!

It is a shite day today! I need somewhere to scream so the good people of DT seem to be the choice.

Told at this morning's staff meeting one of our junior high students (one of mine!) had killed himself around 3 am today. I'm kind of at a loss here, even with my eperience of losses, I am fighting a terrible urge to drink today.

Sorry I just needed to share

2 hours ago, Madbadteacher said:

It is a shite day today! I need somewhere to scream so the good people of DT seem to be the choice.

Told at this morning's staff meeting one of our junior high students (one of mine!) had killed himself around 3 am today. I'm kind of at a loss here, even with my eperience of losses, I am fighting a terrible urge to drink today.

Christ, that's a terrible thing. Not even sure I'd have had the maturity of thought to even consider such a thing at that age, nevermind be in a place where I actually felt I could go through with it. Hope you can get yerself through without going down the drink route, which is very easy for me to say from where I'm sitting of course.

4 hours ago, Madbadteacher said:

Feel for you man. One of my middle schoolers (13 yr old) hung himself about 5 years ago. Shocking stuff, such a popular kid, super footie player on my team, and a good looking kid to add. Nobody had any clue why he offed himself. So hard talking to the parents after that, kids at school were effected in a major way. Hang in there. 

• Like 1

Jesus min, that's awful MBT.

It's going to be easy for me or most of us on here to say this mate, but no matter how low you feel and I'm sure it's rock bottom, let me assure you the answer doesn't lie in bottom of a bottle. Whilst it may well grant you a temporary respite from things, it won't change what has happened and any feeling you take from it won't last beyond sobering up.

MBT, although we've never met, we've been around this board for a long long time and I genuinely feel as if I know you and certainly know that you've made huge strides into getting your life back on track. Please don't ruin all your hard work no matter how great the temptation mate.

Is there someone at work, you're really close to that you can talk to. Does your work have a counseling facility ?

Bottling your feelings/thoughts up is the worst thing you can do. The days of men not being able to show their feelings are long gone.

Stay strong mate, we're here for you.  

34 minutes ago, Madbadteacher said:

Thankfully, because we're a special ed school we have about as many therapists and counselors as we have teachers. It's also a very tight knit group so that helps.

Got through last night without a drink, so that's at least something.

Good man

Keep it going