Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Games In Hand.

Now we all know the reasons why Motherwell have 2 games in hand over us and most of the others in the league.  But I noticed at the weekend that the Huns still have 3 games in hand and the Tims have 2 still to play.  The Huns still have a cup game to play before their semi-final game as well.

Why is this, as we've had a decent run in Europe and had to cram games in midweek?

How have we had to play our league games whilst they have been allowed to put them on the back burner?

Especially considering the size of our squad compared with theirs, I'm not surprised our league position isn't looking so hot.

That's the only reason I can come up with although I'd be interested to hear if they'd played that many more games than us.

If they were forced to field teams then they might drop points at home, give other teams a better chance of picking up silverware or play the promising youngsters or plundered players who sit on the bench most games.

Guest Caroline B

Now we all know the reasons why Motherwell have 2 games in hand over us and most of the others in the league.  But I noticed at the weekend that the Huns still have 3 games in hand and the Tims have 2 still to play.  The Huns still have a cup game to play before their semi-final game as well.

Why is this, as we've had a decent run in Europe and had to cram games in midweek?

How have we had to play our league games whilst they have been allowed to put them on the back burner?

Especially considering the size of our squad compared with theirs, I'm not surprised our league position isn't looking so hot.

Simple really. One set of rules and regs for them and another for the rest of us. It's like when one of them gets to a cup final. They always have a designated end of the ground regardless of who or where the opposition come from. "It's tradition"

We always know that things are heavily weighted in their favour. Take the 2000 cup final for an instance. The SFA say "Screw having Hampden as a neutral ground, lets give the huns more tickets so they can make it more like a home game"

It's injustices like this that shall make dumping their sectarian asses in this years final all the more sweeter.

Does this not benefit us though.

By the time the Scottish Cup final arrives, the odds are it will be us and Rangers.

Rangers will have had a much more intense lead up and could be tired.

?

What about our league position?

Surely we've suffered having so many games close together.  Those that didn't pick up injuries were probably knackered and we've dropped points as a result.

Anyone know how many games they've played more than us?

They had a game cancelled because the SFA wanted to rest the Scotland players before the Italy game, then they both cancelled a game because someone who once played for Celtic 10 years ago died, da ken about rangers third game maybe their players were extra upset at Phill O'Donnel dying and had to have an extra week off (not to coincide with europe though, oh no that would be favouritism).

Anyone know how many games they've played more than us?

At this stage, games played are:

Aberdeen 48

Celtic 46

Rangers 53

For the rest of the season:

Aberdeen will play at least 55 and at most 56 (Sco Cup Final)

Celtic will play 54

Rangers will play at least 64 and at most 69 (Sco Cup Semi and Final, and Uefa Cup Semis and Final)

They had a game cancelled because the SFA wanted to rest the Scotland players before the Italy game, then they both cancelled a game because someone who once played for Celtic 10 years ago died, da ken about rangers third game maybe their players were extra upset at Phill O'Donnel dying and had to have an extra week off (not to coincide with europe though, oh no that would be favouritism).

Rangers v Gretna before the Lyon game. Didn't do them much good though.