Saturday 4 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v St Johnstone

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Jake Paul vs Tommy Fury

SeeBass

Serious question people.  What do folk think of this upcoming 'event'.  I think it shows how far society has fallen in the name of sport.

Thing I'm intrigued by is Jake Paul has fought nobody of any note or general quality as a boxer.  Is it that the audience he has are stupid and will buy into any of his ventures outside of the YouTube success if that is what you can call it?

Tommy Fury's participation in this is confusing to me to say the least.  He has nothing to gain and everything to lose if Jake Paul beats him.  Apparently he has agreed to give back his purse for the fight if Jake Paul wins but Jake Paul will double it if Tommy is the winner.

What is the point my friends?!?!

I see it’s £20 on BT pay per view so there must be an appetite for it I suppose, SeaBass. I’m guessing most avid boxing fans won’t be interested but it may capture the imagination of the man on the street.

Trying to think of a similar situation in footballing terms. If next weekend the Dons played against a celebrity select side and marketed it heavily, I’d hazard a guess they would get a decent crowd, probably more than yesterday’s Livi game actually.

It’s fine as a one-off but on this occasion I’ll keep my £20 firmly in my wallet.