Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Kelle Roos

• 4 months later...
29 minutes ago, OrlandoDon said:

Funny, I thought he looked super shakey to start with, especially coming off his line. Amazing what time and a solid defense can do! 

Tend to agree about the shaky start.

Think this is probably the most games he has played in a season and confidence has come with it, as well as having some simple no nonsense defenders in front of him for the since he came back from injury

• Like 1

There was a lot of pressure on him with a shite defence and being forced to play out from the back. Absolutely everything going long now, so it's helped him focus on the other parts of his game, as well as just generally keeping the ball away from him.

I wonder if Jay Gorter will be on loan again next season. Clearly been some issue there will illness or injury since he's not even been in the squad (although, oddly, still played for Holland at whatever age level he's at with them).

But wonder if Ajax will send him out for another season.

• 9 months later...
On 25/05/2023 at 10:14, OrlandoDon said:

Funny, I thought he looked super shakey to start with, especially coming off his line. Amazing what time and a solid defense can do! 

This! Well written by a smart guy. With a solid defense he’s a good keeper! But as we have repeatedly seen he’s piss with high balls and coming out for crosses, and we have a shaky defense who aren’t good in the air. Showed he’s a good shot stopper against Motherwell but I still think we need an upgrade this summer. Big Joe was very good with crosses and that makes a massive difference.

• 5 weeks later...

Not sure about keeping him on as think his poor periods out weigh the purple patch. Only reason for keeping is it would be one less body to find in the summer. At best he is an average SPL keeper. 

1 hour ago, STFU_Donny said:

Get rid. His “injury” during the shootout and subsequent delaying of Duncan’s penalty was a disgrace. I can’t stand the prick. 

No need for the personal attack. Anyone that's ever had cramp (everyone?) recognises that you can't just run it off or whatever. It's a fairly sudden thing that pretty much disables you in position. He could have hopped out of the way and lay beside the goals for treatment, but I suspect that'd have been equally as off putting - there was no good answer in that situation. 

I actually really like Roos, comes across as a decent guy off the pitch. However, his six month spell of being the best keeper in the SPFL seems to have been the anomaly as he's been terrible this season, and he wasn't that great in his first few months at Pittodrie either. It's frustrating, as I think there's a goalie in there somewhere, but his confidence is zero. It's too important a position to hope that he might get his form back, but it's also a huge role of the dice looking for a new keeper. I don't trust the data approach with goalies, I think we have to hope that Thelin has seen someone he can trust.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RicoS321 said:

No need for the personal attack. Anyone that's ever had cramp (everyone?) recognises that you can't just run it off or whatever. It's a fairly sudden thing that pretty much disables you in position. He could have hopped out of the way

But Robertson would have insisted he couldn't  just lie there in Hart's eyeline and had to get back to the other side of the goal, behind th lino and be quick about it.